Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #61
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fox Sports 2010 mock draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
Hes at Eastern Illinois. We played them last year during his RS year.

Yeah I know he is at Eastern Illinois. Wasnt sure what happened for him to get there. He was an HS All American DL player. Figured he would have been a nice piece for that D. Heard dude transferred and not much more in terms of reasons.

Just curious. Thats a huge step backwards.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #62
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Primetime just called Roy Williams the most underrated safety in the NFL.
and posts like this one will only help my case...

everyone, like yourself, thinks he sucks...you guys "RATE" him low...

he doesn't suck...

until proven otherwise he is still the same probowl saftey that we won 13 games with...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #63
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

he doesn't suck...

until proven otherwise he is still the same probowl saftey that we won 13 games with...
than why was he cut. you spew more homer garbage than any poster i've ever seen.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #64
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
than why was he cut. you spew more homer garbage than any poster i've ever seen.
he was making a sh*t ton of $$$

we have to pay Ware what will be the most enormous defensive contract ever seen...thanks to Snide it will be more than Haynseworth's deal...

Jerry's son (Stephen who is the Cowboy's accountant) even said that was one of the factors in releasing Owens...

even though Owens made the same THIS year by being cut (even a bit more infact) if he would have stayed another year it would have accected the future Ware contract....

and also..."garbage, trash, homer...blah, balh, balh"...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #65
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah I know he is at Eastern Illinois. Wasnt sure what happened for him to get there. He was an HS All American DL player. Figured he would have been a nice piece for that D. Heard dude transferred and not much more in terms of reasons.

Just curious. Thats a huge step backwards.

Well his knees were pretty ****ed up in the first place, tore his ACLs in SR of high school I think. He was then instructed to lose weight after his RS year, but ended up gaining weight. It was weird, I just don't think he really cared about football all that much. Wasn't doing what it takes to be great like he could of been, had loads of potential.

I know he still visits here in Champaign a lot though, still has lots of friends on the team. He actually got jumped by a group of people a couple months ago at one of the bars, luckily Martez Wilson (not someone you wanna mess with) stepped in and stopped it....Tez ended up getting stabbed for his efforts though .
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #66
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn thats wild.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #67
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

he doesn't suck...

Can you cut it out with the "we won 13 games with him" crap? The Bears won 13 games with Rex Grossman (a more vital position than safety too) and went to the Super Bowl with him. Wanna defend him too? The pro bowl doesn't help either. Chad Pennington was runner up for MVP last year but not a pro bowler. Roy made 5 pro bowls in 7 years. You know who also has made 5 pro bowls in 7 years? Ed Reed. And they're on 2 different planets in terms of football talent. Again, making the pro bowl means nothing.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #68
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Can you cut it out with the "we won 13 games with him" crap? The Bears won 13 games with Rex Grossman (a more vital position than safety too) and went to the Super Bowl with him. Wanna defend him too? The pro bowl doesn't help either. Chad Pennington was runner up for MVP last year but not a pro bowler. Roy made 5 pro bowls in 7 years. You know who also has made 5 pro bowls in 7 years? Ed Reed. And they're on 2 different planets in terms of football talent. Again, making the pro bowl means nothing.
speaking of the Bears I am hearing that they were interested in Roy also...

and I am not trying to make Roy out to be Ed Reed...I am just trying to point out that he was a "good" saftey for a peroid in Dallas and he hs yet to give anyone a reason to think he is "trash/garbage/ect."

In this thread it just started out as a comparison in playing style to Sean Taylor...and nothing more.

Now that he is in the AFC and older with probably some rust from missing last year I am sure he will never sniff another probowl...and yes, I understand that probowls are a popularity contest and poor way to rank players...

however, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that a player can make 5 probowls while playing like "garbage"...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #69
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

Primetime u overrating the **** outta Roy..
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #70
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan
Primetime u overrating the **** outta Roy..
are you talking about "past" Roy or "present" Roy?

all I have said about what Roy will be in Cincy is a player that will never touch another probowl...

if you are talking about the Roy of the past well...he was "good"!!!

If you truely think he has ALWAYS been "garbage" then you are wrong...
Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #71
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Game whats the story on DeAngelo McCray? I think he faces Illinois this upcoming season no?
We played Eastern last year, I don't remember if he played or not. He didn't play much for EIU last season. I'm still not sure why he left, exactly, but there were no hard feelings or any trouble he got in as far as I know.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #72
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Roy Williams and Taylor have been compared plenty of times

Well sh!t, one played safety for the Redskins and hit hard while the other played safety for the rival Cowboys and also hit hard. Gee, I wonder why anyone would compare them...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #73
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Well sh!t, one played safety for the Redskins and hit hard while the other played safety for the rival Cowboys and also hit hard. Gee, I wonder why anyone would compare them...
please read this post Marlo^^^

couldn't have said it better myself...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: