Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki greatest European player in history?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Well I just know that Gallis was better than Sabonis in 87 and 89 you cannot deny that.
    they are totally different one is a small guard the other a great centre. They were both great.In those events Gallis was better but also more experienced as he was older. Gallis did a lot for european basketball in those years,we owe him a lot no doubt.But there are other great players who perhaps weren't as good but still made the 80s a great time for european basketball. here is a list of players i liked from that time,as I say perhaps not the best but very good players themselves.
    Epi
    Tarakanov
    Kurtinaitis
    Khomicius
    Sibilio
    Corbalan
    Martin
    Solozabal
    Jimenez
    Iannakis
    Fasoulas
    Berkowitz
    Gentile
    Riva
    Magnifico
    Villacampa
    Paspalj
    Kukoc
    Radja
    perasovic
    Meneghin
    prelevic
    Plus loads more of course.
    Unfortunately I say this all the time,for a lot of people in here these guys mean nothing because they didnt play in the NBA.

He isnt the greatest Euro of all time, but he is my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    He isnt the greatest Euro of all time, but he is my favorite

If sabas wasnt the best he was very close!! his passing his long range shooting etc,for a guy 2.20m!! Him and petrovic both played for the team i most hate,no not portland,real madrid,but I have to say they both were two of the greatest,not in europe but in the world full stop.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    they are totally different one is a small guard the other a great centre. They were both great.In those events Gallis was better but also more experienced as he was older. Gallis did a lot for european basketball in those years,we owe him a lot no doubt.But there are other great players who perhaps weren't as good but still made the 80s a great time for european basketball. here is a list of players i liked from that time,as I say perhaps not the best but very good players themselves.
    Epi
    Tarakanov
    Kurtinaitis
    Khomicius
    Sibilio
    Corbalan
    Martin
    Solozabal
    Jimenez
    Iannakis
    Fasoulas
    Berkowitz
    Gentile
    Riva
    Magnifico
    Villacampa
    Paspalj
    Kukoc
    Radja
    perasovic
    Meneghin
    prelevic
    Plus loads more of course.
    Unfortunately I say this all the time,for a lot of people in here these guys mean nothing because they didnt play in the NBA.
    VOlkov
    Slavnik
    Myshkin
    Dacoury
    Brabenek
    Valters

Cosic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWFNhu3DkU

Learning to shoot layups GSW1984's Avatar

It is very unfair to put Dirk as the Best European Player in NBA History. Drazen Petrovic was a better player to me he died before he really got the chance to make more all NBA teams he came in the league as a 25 year old after dominating Europe. If Petrovic's life wouldn't have ended so early He would have made more all NBA Teams and would have been At least in the same sentence as players like Drexler, Richmond, Marjerle and the other All Star Shooting Guards of that Era. Dirk on the other hand still not better than Petrovic or even Sabonis Dirk has had sucess but he is doing it in an Era where the accessibility to the NBA is better for Euros he is top 3 of alltime and Top of this Decade with Pau Gasol right behind him.

Banned

It amazes me how this thread is full of Americans and none of them even seem to know Galis who was an AMERICAN. It's sad. This guy was unbelievable and they don't even know who he is it seems.

It amazes me how this thread is full of Americans and none of them even seem to know Galis who was an AMERICAN. It's sad. This guy was unbelievable and they don't even know who he is it seems.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94X7oyzlfeY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKjvNVidNw
    a couple of youtube videos to enjoy

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

No, Galis was better than Sabonis and Dirk. You must not have seen him play to think otherwise. He single handed beat Soviet Union twice during their peak. He was clearly outplaying Petrovic back in that day as well but Petrovic wasn't in his prime and Galis was.

Even players like Bob McAdoo and Belov said he was the best. McAdoo put him better than Bird or Magic even. And even Drazen's own brother and Drazen himself said Galis was better than Drazen.
    Could you provide us with a link to these statements by Belov, McAdoo, Drazen and his brother?

Or will you just ignore this post as you always do when called to present a source for your imaginary 'news', 'statements' and 'facts' in all the threads you post?

As for comparing Galis to Sabonis and Petrovic, just LOL

Sabonis and Petrovic were the best. Nowitzki has not won a single title in his career so he is one step below them. Then a step below them comes Galis and a handful more players.

Learning to shoot layups

The problem with you Americans is that you think that NBA is the only league in the world. And the only one worth mentioning...

Dirk is probably amongst top 5 European players overall, but definitely not the best!

Petrović, Sabonis, Ćosić and probably Kukoč were all better than him.

I belive you all know about Petrović, Sabonis and Kukoč, but you don`t know how well thay played in Europe and in international games.

And Ćosić is a special story. He could have been one of the first European to play in the NBA (or maybe the first), but he rejected the offer from Lakers and returned to Zadar! He totally revolutionized European basketball, especially when talking about big mans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    Could you provide us with a link to these statements by Belov, McAdoo, Drazen and his brother?

Or will you just ignore this post as you always do when called to present a source for your imaginary 'news', 'statements' and 'facts' in all the threads you post?

As for comparing Galis to Sabonis and Petrovic, just LOL

Sabonis and Petrovic were the best. Nowitzki has not won a single title in his career so he is one step below them. Then a step below them comes Galis and a handful more players.
    I don't respond to insults and people that lack basic manners.

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

I don't respond to insults and people that lack basic manners.
    Sure you don't. This way you don't have to actually prove what you are saying. As always.

Wasn't I in your ignore list by the way? How did you read my message and respond? Totally busted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    Sure you don't. This way you don't have to actually prove what you are saying. As always.

Wasn't I in your ignore list by the way? How did you read my message and respond? Totally busted.
    People quote you, therefore ignore didn't work. So I took you off. And of course as soon as I did you were insulting me. Very mature.

Eriatarka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Dirk > Machine

bitchez kno its true, why dont u?

I usually hit open layups

Dirk is not the BEST European player in the history of game. Europe had more players that were bigger beasts than himself. There were many players that got game on a bigger level.

Dirk will be always one dimensional player, who has a nice jumpshot. He does not have winning mentality and killer instinct that would make him the greatest.

You gotta know that players from the past also knew how to play the game ( I would say even better than nowadays "players").

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Dirk is not the BEST European player in the history of game. Europe had more players that were bigger beasts than himself. There were many players that got game on a bigger level.

Dirk will be always one dimensional player, who has a nice jumpshot. He does not have winning mentality and killer instinct that would make him the greatest.

You gotta know that players from the past also knew how to play the game ( I would say even better than nowadays "players").

Just my 2 cents.
    totally agree. as good as dirk is, and i am a big fan,he is nowhere near being the best european player ever.