Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

LeBron James apparently furious about Dan Gilbert's rant. His camp already pitching one-hour special called The Response.

Local High School Star

This dude just made it harder to get superstar players to come to cleveland. The NBA is a fraternity and players aren't going to want to play for a owner that talks about his players like that...AFTER THE FACT!!!!

Dan Gilbert is dumb. He should of kept his mouth shut and in the long run, he's done more damage than good.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by dyna
    LeBron James apparently furious about Dan Gilbert's rant. His camp already pitching one-hour special called The Response.

NBA ratings are gonna sky rocket when the Heat plays the Cavs.

I can't seen anyone wanting to sign with the Cavs now.

Unless they are losers who just want money.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    This dude just made it harder to get superstar players to come to cleveland. The NBA is a fraternity and players aren't going to want to play for a owner that talks about his players like that...AFTER THE FACT!!!!

Dan Gilbert is dumb. He should of kept his mouth shut and in the long run, he's done more damage than good.
    Doest it really matter? No superstar is going to join the Lebronless Cavs anyway. Bosh didn't even want to join Cavs with Lebron.

Learning to shoot layups

I'm sure Gilbert has done things that he would hope don't see the light of day, this revenge act is petty.
    Not only is the revenge act petty its also hypocritical. Like Gilbert doesn't trade players, fire people when its in the best interests of his bottom line. Feel bad for CLE fans, but Gilbert not so much.

I actually don't think its fair to just blame Lebron, because it was he who failed to build a good team around for Lebron. Take some responsibilty than just blaming the athlete buddy. And so what if he gave Lebron what Lebron wanted (you don't always do that) instead you show the player your competent and get him to trust YOUR judgment.

The thing is that I think Gilbert hurt himself, by acting in this unprofessional matter. If I'm a free agent, I'm asking myself will Gilbert treat me this way, if I dare to leave, if I'm feeling it doesn't work. And then they might be even less willing to give Cleveland a chance.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc
    The thing is that I think Gilbert hurt himself, by acting in this unprofessional matter. If I'm a free agent, I'm asking myself will Gilbert treat me this way, if I dare to leave, if I'm feeling it doesn't work. And then they might be even less willing to give Cleveland a chance.
    unless they plan on being a huge ****ing douche and going onto espn with a one hour special and taking a gigantic piss on the faces of every cavalier fan when they part ways... then they have nothing to worry about...

@ Showtime being on LeBron's dick 24/7......Dude is defending LeBron to death son...

dan gilbert should be praised.

lebron did nothing to try and stay.

he refused to talk to a coach
    he had talked to cleveland management since they had the meeting.
    he didnt say anything to chris bosh is was just part of the show, just like wade was never planning to go to chicago.

lebron is a coward, he could even face the city and had to leave the state to announce his decision, and thats what pisses me off the most.

and to top it off he blamed his teammates for not trying in the playoffs as he he tried his hardest.

he went on national tv and practically took a shit on cleveland.
    he showed no respect and acted like he had done somthing here.
    he ended up doing nothing and will never be welcome back.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    @ Showtime being on LeBron's dick 24/7......Dude is defending LeBron to death son...

have you ever taken kobes out of your mouth?

Saw a basketball once jaggedmole's Avatar

That letter from Gilbert was an absolute disgrace. The reaction from the Cleveland fans in this mess has been a disgrace. And somehow, all anyone can talk about is how unprofessional and petty Lebron has been. This situation has solidified one thing in my mind. The Cavs are selfish crybabies and I will never root for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedmole
    That letter from Gilbert was an absolute disgrace. The reaction from the Cleveland fans in this mess has been a disgrace. And somehow, all anyone can talk about is how unprofessional and petty Lebron has been. This situation has solidified one thing in my mind. The Cavs are selfish crybabies and I will never root for them.

you gotta be kidding me?

4 months ago he promised he wasnt leaving till he won.
    he didnt even try to stay and i am conviced he was planning to go to miami the whole time
    he hadnt talk to cleveland management in 4 days. we have done absolutely everything he has asked us to do and nothing less. and he repays us by goin on national television and taking a shit on cleveland. he leaves the state to say anything and doesnt say anything in cleveland and just leaves without even appearing in the state?

P.S. I BURNED MY LEBRON JERSEY AND ITS CITY IN FRONT OF MY DRIVEWAY AND I DONT CARE.

TIGER WOODS SCRED 19 SLUTS BUT LEBRON JUST SCREWED A WHOLE CITY.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Gilbert should have taken the high road. This is a player's league, nobody's going to want to play for him now, not that they wanted to play in Cleveland w/o LeBron in the first place but I think this is gonna bury this franchise for many years to come.

Gilbert might have to sell his team and get out of the business.

The real victim in all of this is the Cleveland Cavs fans, not only did their native son dumped them on national TV but their owner made it even worth.

By the way, I dont believe that Bron "woke up this morning" and made his decision. They(Wade, Bosh and LBJ) had this idea for the last two years now but just wasn't sure if the cap space/salary would make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Douchebags.

Gilbert is one of the best owners in the league ...