Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Default A mediocre team with an aging, injured star gets 29 nationally televised games?

That's too bad. The NBA could be promoting better, more interesting teams instead of an old, decaying team but I guess that's how they do business.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: A mediocre team with an aging, injured star gets 29 nationally televised games?

which team are u talking about

Love Live Life

Default Re: A mediocre team with an aging, injured star gets 29 nationally televised games?

Are you talking bout the Lakers? Gotta be them

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

lakers i would guess

Local High School Star

could be talking about the clippers

I'm talking about the Lakers. They're an old, dying team with a declining, injured star. They're thoroughly mediocre. Their future isn't particularly bright either.

It was also common knowledge that Kobe was going to miss some extended time. Him being back by opening night was a pipe dream. Even when he does return he'll need time to reinsert himself within the offense. It will be a slow process.
    Last edited by PieceOfFelt; 10-31-2013 at 11:23 PM.

long story short, the reason this happens is advertising money.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

ummm lemme think, oh yeah because they are the lakers

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    ummm lemme think, oh yeah because they are the lakers
    Who gives a shit if they're the Lakers. That's just a name right now. The product isn't very good and that's what should be important.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

A shitty Lakers teams will still draw more viewers than at least half the teams in the NBA. Likely a lot more than half, actually.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by PieceOfFelt
    Who gives a shit if they're the Lakers. That's just a name right now. The product isn't very good and that's what should be important.
    Advertisers give a shit. The NBA gives a shit and more importantly the owners that get a share of television $$ give a shit

Lakers are a big money maker

Former Bulls Fan.

I'm talking about the Lakers. They're an old, dying team with a declining, injured star. They're thoroughly mediocre. Their future isn't particularly bright either.
    I'm pretty sure Lakers are the biggest market in the NBA. Just because a team is going through rough times doesn't mean their fans stop supporting them.

Lakers are still one of the teams with the most fans if not THE most, so good or bad they warrant that many nationally televised games.

because i want to watch them lose duh

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

NEWSFLASH: A lot of people like the Lakers. Not really that complicated.