Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #16
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

If they can fire on all cylinders -- they will make the playoffs!

Knicks Performance Gauge:

A decent improvement = at least 33 wins -- would be considered good for a first-year expansion team. The still mediocre Knicks might lose to college all stars and are still not earning their big salaries; but its a step in the right direction!

Very good improvement = at least 41 wins (500%) and a low seed in the playoffs! These guys now bear a resemblance to real NBA Pros -- if you close your eyes a little and squint.

A major improvement = at least 45 wins and second round or better in the the playoffs! Isiah should win coach and GM of the year! Not since Pat Riley has the Knicks done this well!

Time to wake up cause you are dreaming or we landed Kevin Garnet without giving up much = 55+ wins and the NBA finals! Give Isiah, who must be possessed by the ghost of Red Holtzman, a new contract and a big raise and treat the Knicks like heroes or just wake up and go to work because you can't dream all the time.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #17
Fuubs
I airball my layups

Fuubs has an OK reputation so far

and what if they repeat last season u don't have a guage for that on there, and since u guys are soo high on the knicks, then how come nba.com doesn't place u guys in at least the top 25 teams? but i will **** myself if the knicks make the playoffs and i will take everything harsh that i have ever said about them and .prove me wrong. but till then i still think they need a B.C makeover.

http://www.nba.com/features/power_rankings.html
Fuubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #18
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuubs
and what if they repeat last season u don't have a guage for that on there, and since u guys are soo high on the knicks, then how come nba.com doesn't place u guys in at least the top 25 teams? but i will **** myself if the knicks make the playoffs and i will take everything harsh that i have ever said about them and .prove me wrong. but till then i still think they need a B.C makeover.

http://www.nba.com/features/power_rankings.html

IMHO:

They will not repeat last year's 23 wins.

Most likely the knicks will win 33 games -- 10 more than last year.

They have a chance at 41 wins and the playoffs - 18 More than the 23 they won last year.

Unless they get a player like KG, their chances of winning more than 45 is very remote.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We are like any other true fan of their team. You are SUPPOSED to think high on your team. But of course being realistic at the same time. There are no championships coming to the Knicks next year or even the next 5 depending on how things are now. But I believe they will be much better than 23. At least double would be suffice. Ist round playoff isn't out of realm. The team has TALENT. All 29 other teams don't have more talent than we do. But we have ZERO chemistry. We are at the bottom on that. That was our number one problem last year. It don't take a whole season to determine who are you normal starting five, plus the couple other rotation players. Last year I could actually understand maybe half the season. But then again what were they doing in practice. I guess nothing. Training camp either. If the team is dealt with like it was last year then our record will probably be worse. But as a fan, I can't imagine Isaiah, who put this team together, with the belief that he found the most talented players available, will not find a way to right the ship at least to a .500 record. To me that's realistic. Then again Im being a fan of my team.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #20
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
We are like any other true fan of their team. You are SUPPOSED to think high on your team. But of course being realistic at the same time. There are no championships coming to the Knicks next year or even the next 5 depending on how things are now. But I believe they will be much better than 23. At least double would be suffice. Ist round playoff isn't out of realm. The team has TALENT. All 29 other teams don't have more talent than we do. But we have ZERO chemistry. We are at the bottom on that. That was our number one problem last year. It don't take a whole season to determine who are you normal starting five, plus the couple other rotation players. Last year I could actually understand maybe half the season. But then again what were they doing in practice. I guess nothing. Training camp either. If the team is dealt with like it was last year then our record will probably be worse. But as a fan, I can't imagine Isaiah, who put this team together, with the belief that he found the most talented players available, will not find a way to right the ship at least to a .500 record. To me that's realistic. Then again Im being a fan of my team.

Excellent post!

Yes I absolutely do agree the Knicks are not going to win a championship this year. But, who knows what will happen in the next five years? The team could be sold to a smart owner who brings in a great GM who is able to build a championship contender in a few years. Not likely; but it is possible.

I too fell that the Knicks will do much better this year than last. But for them to win 46 or more games is being overly optimistic -- without a major acquisition. Smart management and a little luck got the Nets Vince Carter for almost nothing. Perhaps with a lot of luck even the Knicks management could land Kevin Garnet without giving up too much. Not since the Patric Ewing draft, has the Knicks had that kind of luck, so that too is not likely either.:rollingeyes:

I feel 33 to 41 wins are much more probable this year and I personally would be thrilled if the Knicks reached 500%, which would be 41 wins!

When a team loses big, rather than blame the coach, players and GM it is easy to cite "chemistry." A losing team usually has bad chemistry. Losing does that. But lets face it, I think that LB confused and discouraged most of the Knicks last season. His absence and a consistent rotation will do much to turn the team around, improve chemistry and bring a much better record.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #21
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

i agree myself, i think 41 wins is going to happen but im hoping more i think the talent we havae is way more then 41 wins and also with all the payroll its embaressing to win just 41
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #22
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
i agree myself, i think 41 wins is going to happen but im hoping more i think the talent we havae is way more then 41 wins and also with all the payroll its embaressing to win just 41

I hope you are right about more than 41 wins.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: