Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you think is going to become socially acceptable/unacceptable...

in the next 30-40 years?

Default Re: What do you think is going to become socially acceptable/unacceptable...

certainly not creeping on your little sister at 2 in the morning

Default Re: What do you think is going to become socially acceptable/unacceptable...

Manners and etiquette have dropped off a ton in the last 20 years when I was a teenager. Pretty soon alot of things will be socially acceptable.

Can you imagine now it's socially acceptable to not have to say please, thank you, and excuse me?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Manners and etiquette have dropped off a ton in the last 20 years when I was a teenager. Pretty soon alot of things will be socially acceptable.

Can you imagine now it's socially acceptable to not have to say please, thank you, and excuse me?
    not sure. where i live even the bad kids have manners

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Talking to strangers is almost become socially unacceptable. People really are emotional disconnected

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Talking to strangers is almost become socially unacceptable. People really are emotional disconnected
    Probably a good thing. Who wants to just talk to random people?

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    not sure. where i live even the bad kids have manners
    Pretty much.

Down in Bama people still have manners.

I think in a few years people won't even hangout together anymore.

Like going out as a group or whatever.

Social gatherings will be done over the internet. Like some new form of skype
    Last edited by TheReal Kendall; 10-23-2013 at 10:03 PM.

socially acceptable:

marriage triads
    sex orgies

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    I agree... There is just a lack of unity among people these days. Go back 50 years and most people had the same morals/values, but now people are all over the map.

That being said, I could care less about where socially acceptable goes. As far as I am concerned respect others space and don't be obnoxious or loud and could give a poop what ya do.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

The pussification of the country will likely continue. It will not be socially acceptable to insult someone or talk negative about someone whether to their face or behind their back. Staring at someone will result in a fine.

I can't believe how many people I see talking on / using their phones while eating with another person. Embarrassing really.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

being transsexual will become a trend

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Probably a good thing. Who wants to just talk to random people?
    Good? It is terrible. Society requires us to both communicate with each other and feel empathy towards each other. If people see other individuals in their own community is strangers then the entire fabric of society will warp if not crumble. Talking to strangers is very important for our mental health too. To feel connected is very important for human beings. If you look at societies that a more communal you also see far less depression. Another example is how suicide rates decrease during disasters or war. Because all of a sudden people are thrust together and begin working together. Social relationships with people around us is extremely important and isolation is damaging, both socially and individually. I actually fear this as much as any other looming problem like global warming.
    Last edited by miller-time; 10-24-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Many other countries are much better in that regard. The US lifestyle is very isolated. Even neighbors are isolated. People go to work for long hours, then come home and watch their fancy big screen tv, then sleep, wake up and repeat. The US is rightfully considered boring by many people who come here from countries with close knit communities like many Latin American and European countries where you know your neighbor almost as well as your family.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Many other countries are much better in that regard. The US lifestyle is very isolated. Even neighbors are isolated. People go to work for long hours, then come home and watch their fancy big screen tv, then sleep, wake up and repeat. The US is rightfully considered boring by many people who come here from countries with close knit communities like many Latin American and European countries where you know your neighbor almost as well as your family.
    I live in an apartment building and it is really weird how isolated it is. Like right now there are probably 10 people within 20 or 30 meters of me but I have no idea who they are. I don't even know what some of them look like.