Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #1726
LilKateMoss
Thread abuser

Default Re: Post a pic of yourself 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
He said he doesn't try that shit in a game. I hope not, it would be hilarious to rip the ball from him while he's pulling that BS.

However, It's a nice feeling when you really get a guy. It's even better when you get someone with the classic crossover. Nothing too spectacular, just a good, hard cross.

Your last time must've been in elementary school (if ever), because with that lard ass of yours your knees and ankles would go to hell if you tried even jogging down the court, let alone try a move.
LilKateMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #1727
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
teach me stro? please? lol. What kind of trainings do you do to get your handles up?

Just practice the drills every day and they will become easy quicker than you would think. The more you have a ball in your hands the faster your handles will improve.

Search for a guy named Gannon Baker to find some great ball handling drills.

Quote:
Stro, are you that guy that rips off 20 seconds of dribble moves before taking a triple-teamed fadeaway that goes for an airball in pickup games?

Absolutely not. I'm actually probably passive to a fault, people always have to remind me to do my thing once in a while or shoot the ball when I'm open. I do make moves off the dribble in games, some of them are complex and others are not, but they all serve a purpose. I'm not just out there dribbling in circles carrying the ball and sh!t going nowhere.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #1728
Birmingham1955
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Just practice the drills every day and they will become easy quicker than you would think. The more you have a ball in your hands the faster your handles will improve.

Absolutely not. I'm actually probably passive to a fault, people always have to remind me to do my thing once in a while or shoot the ball when I'm open. I do make moves off the dribble in games, some of them are complex and others are not, but they all serve a purpose. I'm not just out there dribbling in circles carrying the ball and sh!t going nowhere.

Ganon is Tyreke ball handling trainer. Nice video, hopefully you do more.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #1729
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:

I'm kind of like that too. I obviously don't have the handles you do, lol, but athletically, I'm fast and can jump, so I can typically make a simple move or two to beat my man. A lot of times though, I don't want to come off as show off or a ballhog (Don't want to be Mr. $100 move, $.10 shot lol), so I kick it out once I penetrate or just set somebody up for the bucket. When it comes to fast breaks though, I feel a lot more comfortable just speeding down the court and taking a guy or two one on one/two on the run backwards. If my shooting is shit, or I don't feel comfortable that game, I usually try to make it up with rebounds and defense and avoid shooting, haha.

How is the rest of your game, aside from handles?
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #1730
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
How is the rest of your game, aside from handles?

Ball handling aside....

Strengths:
-Defense. I lock people the f@ck down. I don't get many steals or block any shots, but my man does not score. In league games I always guard the best guard on the other team, they never do sh!t. I move my feet well, stay in front of my man, and make them shoot contested jumpers or do things that they would rather not do.

-Three point shooting. I have a very quick release and I easily have range out to NBA distance and probably a little further. I can catch and shoot or shoot off the dribble from 5 feet beyond the HS line no problem.

-Left hand. I'm right handed, yet I drive, finish, dribble, and pass better with my left hand. It confuses people and gives me a bit of an advantage.

-Stamina. I never get tired.

Weaknesses:
-Confidence. I lack it. I need to be on a team with people who I'm comfortable playing with, and sometimes I get in my own head. I am my own worst enemy on the court.

-Strength, height, and athleticism. I have none, and I don't work on it. I am allergic to weight rooms. I weigh 130 pounds soaking wet with Timberland boots on, I'm 5'8, and I can't even jump high enough to grab the rim. I don't feel like I'm exceptionally quick, although people who guard me say I am. If the game gets really rough, I often become limited to being a defender and a three-point shooter because physically I simply cannot compete. For whatever reason my size does not seem to effect my defense, I still manage to give players fits who are 6 inches taller than me and outweigh me by 50 to 100 pounds.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #1731
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Ball handling aside....

Strengths:
-Defense. I lock people the f@ck down. I don't get many steals or block any shots, but my man does not score. In league games I always guard the best guard on the other team, they never do sh!t.

-Three point shooting. I have a very quick release and I easily have range out to NBA distance and probably a little further. I can catch and shoot or shoot off the dribble from 5 feet beyond the HS line no problem.

-Left hand. I'm right handed, yet I drive, finish, dribble, and pass better with my left hand. .

Weaknesses:

-Confidence. I lack it.
I laughed so hard at this post that I had to go back and re-read to make sure it wasn't some elaborate Evo8-esque ruse.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #1732
Jasi
Quality?

So here are some pics from my trip in Morocco.

Djemaa el Fna in Marrakech

Monkey trying to pick my pockets in Djemaa el Fna

Leather tanning terrace in Fes

Uh, some Italian girl in the middle of the Roman ruins of Volubilis

If you think I look like a mafioso in his olive fields, you are right. The nice town in the background is Moulay Idriss

Moroccan people near the Hassan tower, in Rabat
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #1733
The Next Jordan

Quote:
Ball handling aside....

Strengths:
-Defense. I lock people the f@ck down. I don't get many steals or block any shots, but my man does not score. In league games I always guard the best guard on the other team, they never do sh!t. I move my feet well, stay in front of my man, and make them shoot contested jumpers or do things that they would rather not do.

-Left hand. I'm right handed, yet I drive, finish, dribble, and pass better with my left hand. It confuses people and gives me a bit of an advantage.

Weaknesses:
-Confidence. I lack it. I need to be on a team with people who I'm comfortable playing with, and sometimes I get in my own head. I am my own worst enemy on the court.

-Strength, height, and athleticism. I have none, and I don't work on it. I am allergic to weight rooms. I weigh 130 pounds soaking wet with Timberland boots on, I'm 5'8, and I can't even jump high enough to grab the rim. I don't feel like I'm exceptionally quick, although people who guard me say I am. If the game gets really rough, I often become limited to being a defender and a three-point shooter because physically I simply cannot compete. For whatever reason my size does not seem to effect my defense, I still manage to give players fits who are 6 inches taller than me and outweigh me by 50 to 100 pounds.

damn fool! you aint no baller

heres myself:
The Next Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #1734
The Next Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

If you think I look like a mafioso in his olive fields, you are right. The nice town in the background is Moulay Idriss

you a damn terrorist! i gotta fbi this one in. man, i aint no snitch, but your making life unsafe.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #1735
1manfastbreak
still hyphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Next Jordan

heres myself:

lmao. where do you play at? an you guys play with one of those wave balls? isnt that annoying as hell?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #1736
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:

Djemaa el Fna in Marrakech

Leather tanning terrace in Fes

Uh, some Italian girl in the middle of the Roman ruins of Volubilis

Moroccan people near the Hassan tower, in Rabat

How was the trip? As hot as I imagine it must've been? Leather tanning stink so badly they made me literally sick. I enjoyed Marrakech and Fes quite a lot, Djema el Fna was awesome at sunset/night.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #1737
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Next Jordan

heres myself:
you dont look 6'4"
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #1738
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
you dont look 6'4"

He doesnt look like the next Jordan either.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #1739
Black Joker
College star

Quote:

Jasi is back? Awesome
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #1740
The Next Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He doesnt look like the next Jordan either.

shut yo ***** ass.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: