Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board
Default TSN2 article...

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/sports/article/162999

If any of you ride the TTC here in Toronto and read the Metro you might have (or not) read this today
Not a MONSTER source, but it is the first article I've noticed so far acknowledging this whole Rogers Comm. - TSN2 nonsense.

He also comments on other NBA problems which you might want read as well, but this is the portion of interest to Raps fans:

The NBAís problems in Canada are unquestionably complicated by the fact that some of the Raptorsí games are carried on TSN2, which is not available on the countryís largest cable carrier.

Rogers is depriving Canadian basketball fans by excluding TSN2 from its menu, and industry sources suspect its motive is at least partly attributable to its desire to see less competition for its own all-sports network, Rogers Sportsnet.

Whatever, itís a sad and silly situation. And, last Friday, TSN2 drew a mere 18,000 viewers for a Raps-Houston game. Thatís pathetic, considering the average Raps game on the original TSN network attracts audiences of about 200,000.
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: TSN2 article...

We're still talking about this? Can't you guys just change cable providers?
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise

Some places if you rent won't let you get satellite (the building I lived in wouldn't allow me to affix anything to the building... so no ExpressVu for me).

The article is correct in what it is saying about Sportnet though... don't know what their issue is, they were given a license for a 'Sportsnet2'... except is sounds like it would suck:

"The channel will be devoted primarily to the coverage of soccer, cricket and rugby and is restricted from airing traditional North American sports."

http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/2056/206/

Ouch.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

These guys are idiots. For whoever made the pact that TSN would get games and could put it on their sister networks should be shot. They should never be allowed to pick up games again unless it's forced onto the main channel.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
These guys are idiots. For whoever made the pact that TSN would get games and could put it on their sister networks should be shot. They should never be allowed to pick up games again unless it's forced onto the main channel.

Everyone's got a bit of blame in this. TSN is to blame for not allowing fans to see the games by forcing the issue with TSN2. Rogers is to blame for not putting the stupid channel in its line-up for selfish reasons. MLSE is to blame for not having control over where the games are shown.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

As much as i want to get tns2 from satelites, i won't. They made a poor decision and i won't give in bailing em out by getting a satelite service.

I manage to find a tsn2 stream, very poor quality but it works.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Everyone's got a bit of blame in this. TSN is to blame for not allowing fans to see the games by forcing the issue with TSN2. Rogers is to blame for not putting the stupid channel in its line-up for selfish reasons. MLSE is to blame for not having control over where the games are shown.

True I'm just pissed cause I can't watch my Raps games it's so irritating to watch bad lagging streams on the internet instead of live...lol
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

I love the story on Jose Calderon having trouble catching the game against washington

he stayed in toronto and subscribes to Rogers, and couldn't watch the game wed night
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
I love the story on Jose Calderon having trouble catching the game against washington

he stayed in toronto and subscribes to Rogers, and couldn't watch the game wed night

It's pretty hilarious... from SMith:

"So Jose didnít go on the trip this week, he and his wife are sitting around the house and all of sudden one of them realizes, Ďhey, I donít think we can watch the Washington game because of this TV problem I read about in Doug Smithís blog.í

(Okay, maybe I made up that Doug Smithís blog part).

ĎWhatever are we going to do.í

He gets his wife to call the Evil Cable Provider and finds out that, yes, because he only gives Rogers a billion dollars a month for cable, internet and phone, the Evil Cable Provider is squeezing TSN for money and havenít picked up a network that the majority of the country can see.

(Okay, maybe itís not a billion but go check your Evil Cable Provider bill).

Off he trundles to the ACC to watch the game in the so-so comfort of the teamís locker room (itís nice, but itís not home). Too bad he didnít know some of us were down the street watching it, that would have been a hoot.

Someone asked Jose yesterday whether he used his name in the call, thinking Evil Cable Provider might have done something had it known someone of his stature was looking for some resolution to this idiotic conflict.

Yeah, right. You think Evil Cable Provider, or TSN, or Maple Leaf Sports, gives a hoot? Nah, neither do I. "
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman

Ha! I just picture him try to watch the bad feed on Justin.tv and having to read all the posts about how gay he is , and how some 14 year old in going to beat his ass.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #11
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

oo i forgot post the link

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas...66186-sun.html
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #12
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise

No we can't just change cable companies. IF that was so easy I'm sure it would have been done by now.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: