Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 01-26-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
stevemerk
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stevemerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Abcd Camp Comes To An End

Sonny Vaccaro is ending his ABCD camp, the annual recruiting cattle call at Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end for the summer hoops seasons filled with recruiting scandals, corrupt AAU coaches and backroom sneaker deals.

I am a former basketball coach on the high school, college and professional levels for over 25 years and know first hand how high school basketball has gotten "out of control"!

Every kid from the 8th to the 12th grade thinks he is going to play in the NBA! Hopefully, the ABCD departure from the summer scene is a start to bringing high school basketball back to a sense of reality for the kids. Maybe, the kids who attend these commercialized, profit-seeking meat factory camps will be more involved with their high school teams in the summer months instead of the seedy element surrounding summer recruiting. It is all business with these high-profile summer camps and it is why our universities compromise what should be sacred academic standards to winning teams.
Lets hope the result will be better for basketball and the kids!
stevemerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
livethedream
Can barely lace up my sneakers

livethedream has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Abcd Camp Comes To An End

Amen Steve! Im an AAU coach in SC and have done so in basically a summer league fashion for 20 years. The politics, illegal activity and corruption are rampant and the schools and NCAA are more than aware of the practices. A clean run program...playing by the rules doesn't stand a chance anymore. I guess it is the price of progress.
livethedream is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: