Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #16
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Blair is a good comparison and I want no part of DaJuan Blair with a top 7 pick. If its a wing, make sure they have a true position with a translatable skill or two and I'll be happy. Do not like the 3/4 tweeter thats best attribute is being athletic.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I actually like Rivers but I'd only start to consider taking him around pick #10. Too many better overall talents.

We already have a Rivers like player on our team, his name is Bayless
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
clipse
I brick open layups

clipse has an OK reputation so far

I agree with the comparison to bayless, however I think rivers is the rich man's version. He is more athletic and is better at finishing at the rim with either hand. I also think that he's a stretch where the raps are projected to pick, but I like what he brings to the nba level. He can spread the floor and crate his own shot off the bounce.
clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #19
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

sullinger will be WAY better than blair.

Rivers wouldn't even be in the conversation if his dad wasn't doc.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #20
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

This is my draft board for the Raps:

1. Davis
2. MKG
3. Robinson
4. Beal
5. Barnes
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Assuming we're not getting Davis, the guys I like with a top 7/8 pick are (in no particular order):

Drummond: I hate the lack of motor but that can change with maturity. I don't care about redundancy with Val, you just simply cannot pass up on someone as rare as Drummond. It's worth the risk. I can't stand the skinny athletic guys we have at the 4/5 spot. Get rid of all of them and rotate Val (who projects as a 4/5), Bargs and Drummond.

MKG: I was admittedly very down on MKG cuz i just do not beleive in drafting a defensive stopper with a top 10 pick. These are guys you get in later rounds a la Shumpert. But MKG's improvements on his offensive skills from day one with Tuck til the end are starting to make me drool. His ball handling has improved a crazy amount, he has a jumpshot and is fearless when he attacks the rim *drools even more*

Barnes: As the complete opposite of MKG, i'm concerned with his apparent lack of desire or ability to get to the rim. If he can figure that out, we're talking superstar potential cuz everything else is in place.

Rivers: I love the fact this kid can seemingly get to the rim at will and finish in so many creative ways with both hands. Having the ability to create your own shot is so important in the NBA. Yes, he needs to get more involved in team play but he is still a freshman, is pedigreed and his intensity levels towards the end of the season seemed to go up a notch. I also see a possible star with thsi guy and imo in the top 10, you take these risks to find a star because that is how you build contenders - around stars.

Guys I really do not want (and i mean REALLY do not want):

Robinson: No thanks. Fun as hell to watch in college and is just that all around competitive athlete that we love, but this tweener is going to get eaten alive in the NBA.
Lamb: What's this guys upside? Kevin Martin if he stops getting pushed around??? No thanks.
Beal: Best shooter in the draft for sure but that seems like thats about it for me. I think he has a future in the NBA, but not with a top 8 pick.

Guys I like in the Middle to Late Rounds:

Marshall: Simply the best passing pg in the draft...by a wide margin. As a middle round pick, this a no brainer.
Lilliard: Yes, unproven against elite level talent, but the upside is just too much to pass up on in the middle rounds. Score, score, score and score some more.
Wroten: I didn't forget that this dude was one of the highest rated high school players in the nation before he hurt his knee. He reminds me of Tyreke Evans. SUCH a fun guy to watch play basketball when he is focussed. So many skills. If we can get a late pick and get this guy, I'd be ecstatic.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
Molson
Great young streetballer

Holy long post...did not realize I had written so much.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

A great post, though.

I agree with your take on Drummond. Such a high risk/high reward type of player. If both Drummond/Valanciunas reach their potential, a 3 man rotation of them with Bargnani is pretty dangerous for the future.

The thing about MKG I like the most is his obvious work ethic and desire to get better. His offensive game is lacking, though improving, but he hasn't given us ANY reason to doubt that he can improve. You can't teach that type of desire.

What's the story on Lilliard? I don't know much about him at all.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #24
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At the moment on DX we are picking at 6 and taking Jared Sullinger. I hope to God the lottery is good to us and we are at least picking in the top 5. I do not want Sullinger for our franchise. I don't think he projects well to the NBA; however, I didn't think Kevin Love would either... But I don't know that that is a fair comparison.

I'd love Bradley Beal at this point.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #25
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Just hope that the lottery balls go our way so we pick Anthony Davis. With those two in the front court and with that length it'd be something to watch day in and day out.

If anything else, hopefully we'll end up with a decent player.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #26
Molson
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
A great post, though.

I agree with your take on Drummond. Such a high risk/high reward type of player. If both Drummond/Valanciunas reach their potential, a 3 man rotation of them with Bargnani is pretty dangerous for the future.

The thing about MKG I like the most is his obvious work ethic and desire to get better. His offensive game is lacking, though improving, but he hasn't given us ANY reason to doubt that he can improve. You can't teach that type of desire.

What's the story on Lilliard? I don't know much about him at all.

It only took me 2 months to answer! lol. Sorry man. I wrote the post and then forgot I wrote it.

I'm sure you've probably read up a lot more on Lilliard. Small conference guy but absolutely dominated. That doesn't mean he will definitely be good in the NBA but you would hope if he was NBA material that he would dominate that conference. Good size for a PG. Fearless getting to the rim. No issues using his strength to push guys aside in the paint when driving to draw the foul. Can score in so many ways. Has NBA 3 range as well. Good ball handling skills. Tough to say how good a passer he is cuz his team sucked and relied on him for everything. Had some of his best games against non conference teams from bigger conferences. I think once the 1 on 1 workouts start, this guy is gonna make a lot of PG's look bad and his stock will rise.

Then again whadoiknow. I love watching college ball and trying to gauge who i think is gonna make it in the nba and get it wrong half the time lol. This guy to me though looks real.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: