Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Music Artist who passed away before their time

Quote Originally Posted by blondie
    Selena, Aaliyah and Tupac all got completely overrated just because they died early, no one used to listen to Aaliyah until she died now everyone always talks about how they're nostalgic for her shitty songs and she coulda been one of the greats..
    Selena was HUGE in the hispanic community and had just started making her way into the American music scene. And I know a LOT of people who were Aaliyah fans.

Shocking that a blonde white guy who was in middle school at the time wouldn't know many people who listened to Aaliyah and Selena (black and hispanic female artists). I'm sure you hung out with LOTS of people from those two cultures. But hey "i don't know many people who liked them" always = "nobody listened to them" right?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    No offense to Freddy Mercury but I didn't include him cause he was 45 when he passed. Ans Queen was past it's peak/prime, ect.

Banned

Left Eye from TLC.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Selena was HUGE in the hispanic community and had just started making her way into the American music scene. And I know a LOT of people who were Aaliyah fans.

Shocking that a blonde white guy who was in middle school at the time wouldn't know many people who listened to Aaliyah and Selena (black and hispanic female artists). I'm sure you hung out with LOTS of people from those two cultures. But hey "i don't know many people who liked them" always = "nobody listened to them" right?
    dude, its sergio. he makes a career out of having very strong opinions on topics he knows nothing about. has anyone ever been shown to be wrong more on ISH? and in just about every field discussed.

The death of Tupac and eventual demise of Death Row created the power vacuum that allowed No Limit Records to flourish, and Jay Z to become a star. I don't believe Percy Miller or Sean Carter become as successful as they became with a living Pac. I also believe The East-Coast/West Coast foolishness would have eventually been squashed and Biggie would have not died as well.

The 2-Pac Death Conspiracy Industry would also cease to exist.

Cali Love

Big L

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    The death of Tupac and eventual demise of Death Row created the power vacuum that allowed No Limit Records to flourish, and Jay Z to become a star. I don't believe Percy Miller or Sean Carter become as successful as they became with a living Pac. I also believe The East-Coast/West Coast foolishness would have eventually been squashed and Biggie would have not died as well.

The 2-Pac Death Conspiracy Industry would also cease to exist.
    This one is a toughy, the albums Ice Cream Man and Reasonable Doubt were both released months before Pac passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Big L
    L didn't wasn't a known name in hip-hop when he passed so we don't know if he would have blown up or not.

Bob Marley.

I know he already released like at least a dozen albums before his death and didn't have like his prime ahead of him or anything. But damn would it have been cool if he was still alive and making music in the 80's. Just a damn shame cancer took him away.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Bob Marley.

I know he already released like at least a dozen albums before his death and didn't have like his prime ahead of him or anything. But damn would it have been cool if he was still alive and making music in the 80's. Just a damn shame cancer took him away.

Just a thought.
    Bob Marley died right before he was about to truly blow up in America. He didn't go Platinum till two years after he died. Bob still had some good music left in him. He could have been huge in the 80s which was a good decade for reggae popularity-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Bob Marley.

Just a thought.
    Don't know how I forgot Bob Marley, neg me, lol.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    No offense to Freddy Mercury but I didn't include him cause he was 45 when he passed. Ans Queen was past it's peak/prime, ect.
    Well as far as his age goes, yeah he died very young. As for Queen, mind you they had another resurgence in popularity thanks to the movie Wayne's World. But I get what you're saying. You're saying artists that died before they could have been huge.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    This one is a toughy, the albums Ice Cream Man and Reasonable Doubt were both released months before Pac passed away.

L didn't wasn't a known name in hip-hop when he passed so we don't know if he would have blown up or not.
    He definitely had all the right tools. Flow, metaphors, wordplay, vocal delivery, knew how to paint a picture...with the right management he would've been a star. Without it, he still would've had a slew of great hip-hop songs and freestyles.

I would add JMJ to the list.

and Marvin!
    Last edited by dawsey6; 11-15-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blondie
    Selena, Aaliyah and Tupac all got completely overrated just because they died early, no one used to listen to Aaliyah until she died now everyone always talks about how they're nostalgic for her shitty songs and she coulda been one of the greats..
    eh aaliyah was more of an actress when she passed imo. that 'i miss you' track was one sad fcking song tho. gives me the chills everytime i see the video. same with pun's 'it's so hard'.

Blu Ray

Jeff & Tim Buckley
    Cliff Burton

Eddie Cochran was the real white king of rock and roll, dead at 21. He had the talent and the charisma to overtake Elvis, and Eddie wrote most of his material.

Sandy Denny
    Rory Gallagher
    Phil Lynott
    Jeff Porcaro

Bon Scott
    Stevie Ray Vaughan

Jim Croce