Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Wait, what did Richmond do in those 5 seconds to blow a 3-point lead? I know that dude threw another player and got a tech. What happened next?

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Wait, what did Richmond do in those 5 seconds to blow a 3-point lead? I know that dude threw another player and got a tech. What happened next?
    they fouled on the inbound and the ref called an intentional. So that's two shots and the ball. Then the coach got a technical which is another two shots.

Penn State hanging around on Michigan, can they pull off the upset? as an MSU fan, I hope they somehow go on a 30-0 run and blow them out of the water lolll

ok nvm

James Southerland is now 12/15 from three in 2 games in the Big East Tournament. Pitt fought back and had a FT with a chance to tie the game 48-48, but missed.

Classic Pitt postseason basketball. Trail big in the first half, rally hard, and then lose by a basket. Expect more of this in the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Classic Pitt postseason basketball. Trail big in the first half, rally hard, and then lose by a basket. Expect more of this in the NCAA.
    that last TO was brutal, but Adams and Zanna really dont have the passing ability to free each other underneath. Syracuse was extending their zone leaving HUGE space at the free-throw line and short-corner but they never wanted to make that extra bounce pass. Adams made a strong finish a couple times when they took the short corner away and he drove, but other than that, he did not look comfortable at all in the high post. Still so raw.

oh and James Sutherland hitting three after three doesnt help either

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    that last TO was brutal, but Adams and Zanna really dont have the passing ability to free each other underneath. Syracuse was extending their zone leaving HUGE space at the free-throw line and short-corner but they never wanted to make that extra bounce pass. Adams made a strong finish a couple times when they took the short corner away and he drove, but other than that, he did not look comfortable at all in the high post. Still so raw.
    Yeah, he still needs to build confidence and get comfortable on the court. I think he will be much better next year if he doesn't leave. The game will slow down for him and he will be able to let his talent shine more.

We have a recruit named Mike Young coming in next season who is a PF with some actual skills on the block. I'm excited to have a big who is more than a long athlete. Zanna should be better because he actually has some skill but he doesn't really play like a big, except that he rebounds very aggressively.

Bill Raftery just said "sorry but I just love penetration so much..." and the color guy doing the game let out a little laugh LOLLLL sometimes I wonder if he does it on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, he still needs to build confidence and get comfortable on the court. I think he will be much better next year if he doesn't leave. The game will slow down for him and he will be able to let his talent shine more.

We have a recruit named Mike Young coming in next season who is a PF with some actual skills on the block. I'm excited to have a big who is more than a long athlete. Zanna should be better because he actually has some skill but he doesn't really play like a big, except that he rebounds very aggressively.
    Zanna has a good motor and runs really well but he doesn't really finish well in traffic, aside from that and-one at the end and the one where he clearly got fouled but not called, he kept bringing the ball down and getting swarmed he needs to use his length and keep the ball above his head. Dude came to play though he was really running the floor hard, it's hard to do when Syracuse was basically playing small the whole game.

PITT will be really good next year, too bad Woodall is a senior

I actually don't mind Woodall leaving. Robinson will play point full time and take it to the next level and we get to give some of our wing player more minutes. JJ Moore has had to play out of position a bit and Zeigler has talent but could never get into a rhythm because of limited minutes.

Woodall is a good player but I just think the way hit fits into the roster doesn't mesh well.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

So these were the (arguably obviously) two best players in college basketball this year.

Rankings are stupid.

Wow @ Illinois getting roasted. I knew it would happen, though. Couldn't even watch it seriously. I wished they had come harder. I turned it on again late just in time to see dude pull off that 360. The only part about that that makes me mad is the fact they had 3 players under the rim and we didn't even have one guy across half court.

Gonna be sad shit if/when we lose in the first round. Such a talented team... even well built, but our guys are ****ing up, missing shots and playing like *******; Abrams is shitting the bed. We can't just expect BP to bail us out every time.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Bill Raftery just said "sorry but I just love penetration so much..." and the color guy doing the game let out a little laugh LOLLLL sometimes I wonder if he does it on purpose
    Double post. Of course. They is a ton of innuendo/ double entendre. The guys who did it the best are the most popular. Marv Albert is always talking about penetration, too.

That's why I liked Dickie V cuz he was not on that shit.

Dude in Illini game said, "Indiana beats people when they spurt on them." It's like wut...

Edit: ONIONS.

-Smak