Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Rate your conversation/speaking skills with this scale

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Well maybe it's just me but lies are easy to keep up with. I don't have much of a real life to clutter the memory storage space where my lie would be stored so I can pull it off.

Are you just trying to talk to women?
    Ha, I'm the same way really. But If I'm trying to get close with the girl then that'd make it difficult to keep her from knowing the lie was a lie, depending on how big the lie.

Primarily women since I don't really care that my conversation skills suck when talking to guys, though it'd be cool to improve that too.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    I don't get it. I have nothing to talk about, period
    Maybe its because I don't lead an active life? Is that it? Are most of your conversations about something you did earlier that day or earlier in the week? Do I just need to start doing more so that I can talk about what I did?
    Talk about the other person.

Ha, I'm the same way really. But If I'm trying to get close with the girl then that'd make it difficult to keep her from knowing the lie was a lie, depending on how big the lie.

Primarily women since I don't really care that my conversation skills suck when talking to guys, though it'd be cool to improve that too.
    Practice.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Talk about the other person.
    Gets me nowhere. I just got out of one of my classes. I sit next to a girl who pretty clearly wants me to talk to her. Literally, she's just sitting there kind of looking my way like, "are you not going to say anything?" while playing with her pen in her hand. This is common with me, happens in basically all my classes.

She told me she had an exam in her next period. I waited til after class to tell her "good luck on your exam", and she responded "oh thanks I need it". By then I was already turned around walking away

National High School Star

My speaking skills rival Barry Obama, William Clinton, JFK, and FDR.

You know what? It's stupid that a thread like this even has to exist. (No offense OP), but all a bitch has to do for a guy to want to f*ck her is be pretty and not have AIDS. They don't have to have any personality or actual worth as a person. But guys, we have to do all of this extra shit. And even then it's not even guaranteed that she'll f*ck us afterward.
    Welcome to the real world.

We do all this shit. We in the gym, gettin' our money up, nice car, nice place of residence all to (try) and get some psuuy ... try.

All a bich gotta do is offer ... hey you want some ... and before she can even finish "yes bich, yes."

Good High School Starter

Usually when I try to talk to them about them, I ask a close ended question where they can respond yes or no..but to avoid the awkwardness they try to elaborate in which is still awkward because I have nothing to say after they're done elaborating. And if I do its something like "oh thats cool" or another closed ended question.

Don't feel bad. 9/10 times they're just yapping off about some bullshit that no one cares about so it's no surprise you aren't interested enough to keep the convo going. That's her fault for being boring, not yours.
    True, I went on a date last week and she was just yapping about random shit. They talk for about seven minute stretches, and once they finish you gotta br paying attention so you can jump in and give your 2 cents like "yeah, I know what you saying" or "for real, that's good."

Good High School Starter

I went on a date two weeks ago. We don't talk anymore.

I went on a date two weeks ago. We don't talk anymore.
    Why don't you talk anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Don't think they talked to begin with.

amri?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Well...
    When I left her house two Saturdays ago (A little after midnight) she told me to text her when I got home. She was already dosing off before I left so she probably was asleep by the time I did. I texted her again later the next day saying something like "just got the email, thanks for returning the movie"(We rented a movie from Redbox, my credit card, I left it there because she told me she'd return it since there was one close to her apartment). She never responded. True enough neither of the texts I sent her warrants a response, but something tells me she wouldn't respond if I said something like "hey" or "what are you doing this weekend?", and I honestly don't feel like sending her a third text in a row and coming up blank.

Probably thought I was boring. She did say "you don't talk much, do you?". She stays like 40 miles away and I was kind of mad she sent me home that night so I probably wouldn't drive that far again unless I knew I was getting some.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Don't think they talked to begin with.

amri?
    basically

I am extremely introverted, so there is no easy answer. I'm not bad at talking, and I'm quite good at speaking (they're different), but it's always an effort. I guess the baseline would be a 3, but with a lot of exceptions. And with those exceptions I can go anywhere from 4 to 9. (9 would be like: a debate setting, or some setting in which I was very knowledgeable and was placed in a leadership role, like when I'm teaching. With people I'm very comfortable with I'm probably like a 5-6.)

There are also exceptions where I get really nervous and anxious in which I'm a 1. This is usually when there are a lot of people around me I get a very bad feeling about. I went to a convention of vendors for work a couple months ago, which means that I just walked around a room for 2 hours while every smiling face was trying to profit off me. Disingenuousness and dishonesty clam me up. When I get the feeling I'm not talking to real people.
    Last edited by Clifton; 10-15-2012 at 11:40 PM.

I dont talk to males and i am just to attractive to be needing to speak to females, the times i sometimes speak is only to answer a question from females and that is mostly "Yes or No" after a careful evaluation of that females appearance (a typical question is "Will you please *beep* me?"), but even that can be bypassed using simply head movement or facial expression...