Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Real talk: Sterling is entitled to his opinions. He should not lose his team.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    This is such a cringe worthy statement that people keep mindlessly repeating. It's so diminishing and completely disrespecting history to compare THIS to an ACTUAL slave plantation. This is almost on the same level as when Sarah Palin compared tax rates to slavery. It's not appropriate.
    Your entitled to your opinion. But as a young black man, I took what Sterling said to heart and was VERY OFFENDED!! And I stand by what I said! Im not mindlessly repeating ANYTHING when he disrespected MY RACE!! The gloves are off when it comes to Donald Sterling!! He brought it upon himself!! How DARE u tell me what's appropriate when he insulted MY RACE! U got some nerve!!

Secondly, his mentality is INDEED the mentality that MANY SLAVE OWNERS had back in the day. I'm not comparing what he said to slavery itself. But his MENTALITY and many other racists for that matter was INDEED very similar to the mentality that many slave owners had.

So in a nutshell, GET YOUR COMPREHENSION SKILLS TOGETHER!! Sterling's comments weren't anywhere near as bad as slavery was. But HIS COMMENTS and THINKING are how many racist plantation owners thought. How can u debate that!

Default Re: Real talk: Sterling is entitled to his opinions. He should not lose his team.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Your entitled to your opinion. But as a young black man, I took what Sterling said to heart and was VERY OFFENDED!! And I stand by what I said! Im not mindlessly repeating ANYTHING when he disrespected MY RACE!! The gloves are off when it comes to Donald Sterling!! He brought it upon himself!! How DARE u tell me what's appropriate when he insulted MY RACE! U got some nerve!!

Secondly, his mentality is INDEED the mentality that MANY SLAVE OWNERS had back in the day. I'm not comparing what he said to slavery itself. But his MENTALITY and many other racists for that matter was INDEED very similar to the mentality that many slave owners had.

So in a nutshell, GET YOUR COMPREHENSION SKILLS TOGETHER!! Sterling's comments weren't anywhere near as bad as slavery was. But HIS COMMENTS and THINKING are how many racist plantation owners thought. How can u debate that!
    There is no black race.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I really don't like the idea of private conversations being recorded and shared with the world, regardless of how vile the comments may be. I don't think people should have the ability to destroy one another based on something said in a one-on-one conversation in confidence.

Now, the woman is contending that he was forcing her to record all of his conversations because he's having a difficult time remembering things (clearly senile), so -- if true -- that could change things.

But, damn... we're giving sites like TMZ a hell of a lot of power with this new trend.

Don't take this as standing up for Sterling. He's an old bigoted, cheap, vile human being and I don't say that just based on his taped comments. Anyone who has followed basketball for the last few decades has encountered stories about his prickishness, whether he was refusing to fullfill his contracted obligations by paying ex-employees, being sued for discrimination practices in his real estate ventures, heckling his own players while sitting courtside, or demeaning players by publicly admiring their bodies the way you would a racehorse...

This guy's dickishness seems to know no bounds. And, the NBA has been looking for a good reason to kick him out for a long time. Not only is he a seemingly awful human being, he's also proven to be an incompetent owner.

I have no problem with the league, the owners and the players demanding his departure. The NBA owners are like an incredibly elite club. One bad apple could reflect horribly on all of them. This isn't a situation where Sterling's comments only impact his organization. That would be bad enough... but, what about the way these 29 other members of this very elite club? How do they look if they do nothing? How does the league look?

Perception is reality, and Sterling made his own bed. With all of the stories that have been swirling around him for all these years, I'm surprised it took this long for him to be ousted. I have no sympathy for him, even if the way he was caught is a pretty scary trend in our society.

I agree with your post for the most part, but it does irk me how selective people are in whom they choose to be outraged by. I mean there's no question Sterling's an absolute fukchead based on the way he treats people INDIVIDUALLY. But his opinions on race in general? Like people from different generations and regions and backgrounds aren't gonna all have their own? The holier than thou nature of the sheep out there is so cringeworthy. "Think the way I think or else I'm gonna use labels and smearing to coerce you to do it, or ruin you if you wont!" It's a campaign of intimidation to create conformity, by a crowd that likes to pretend its made up of "non conformist rebels."

Sarcastic is the perfect example. During the lockout, he was literally saying on this board that anyone who didn't support the players side was an obvious racist. He claims the dress code is racist. He claims the age limit is racist. He said people who didn't vote for Obama were motivated by race. And this guy is WHITE. But he's such a try-hard, confused little boy he thinks this is what makes him... cool, I guess. Or smart. Or something. Just hurling race cards around everywhere. He's appointed himself Race Chief of Police for some bizarre reason. And it must stem from some kind of need for validation, some need to play the hero or be recognized. That's the problem with a lot of these difficult and sensitive issues, is that the majority of the people are not trying to hammer out a logical, universally-enforced principle, they're trying to side with whatever position will earn them APPROVAL. That's what Sarcastic wants. He wants APPROVAL from either black people or liberals or whomever the case may be. He's not interested in truth practicality. He's desperate for APPROVAL and that's why he sprints in to every argument and puts his hand up to the black folks and says "Hold up, I got this. Watch how I'm gonna get em. You guys are gonna love this. You're gonna think I'm so progressive and enlightened, oh man, I can't wait, you're gonna just think I'm soooo cool." And then he proceeds to say something retarded because he thinks that's what a bunch of gullible liberal dummies wanna hear and he doesn't wanna disappoint.

True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    The NBA is entitled to remove him, just as much as he is entitled to his opinions.
    Exactly right! Everybody is entitled to be a racist (which I feel is pathetic in itself). But companies, sports teams, etc. have the right to remove them. People gotta think you have minority fans all over the world who put billions of dollars into sports all over the globe. The NBA is 80% black, so how could u EVER have a racist owner in the mix. And let's not forget the terrible statements he made about Magic and those afflicted with AIDS and HIV. Donald Sterling is SCUM and he deserves what happens to him. When some people get upset or get in a confrontation, they may use a racial slur because they are pissed off. I'm not condoning it, but that's WAY LESS SEVERE than what Sterling has a LONG history of doing.

For those who aren't minorities, u might not understand the outrage that many of us have. So instead of asking us why were are so pissed off, try to keep in context OUR HISTORY AND EXPERIENCES before saying we are overreacting. Many of us are the same one who forgave Riley Cooper for his dumb ass remark. Because we are sophisticated enough to understand that he did it because he was pissed off. I don't think he feels blacks are inferior or that he would do something to oppress us as a whole. Sterling is the opposite and is a flat out RACIST!!

There is no black race.
    Sterling still won't sleep with you dude.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Sterling still won't sleep with you dude.

Girls still won't sleep with you.

The NBA is entitled to its constitution that Sterling agree to, and the owners can choose to keep or let him go in a more than fair vote. If only a quarter of the owners voted to keep him then he would stay. So yes, both parties are entitled, Sterling to his opinion and the NBA to its constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    The NBA is entitled to remove him, just as much as he is entitled to his opinions.
    If i knew you had written this then I wouldn't had written what I wrote. I agree.
    Last edited by jstern; 05-30-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I agree with your post for the most part, but it does irk me how selective people are in whom they choose to be outraged by. I mean there's no question Sterling's an absolute fukchead based on the way he treats people INDIVIDUALLY. But his opinions on race in general? Like people from different generations and regions and backgrounds aren't gonna all have their own? The holier than thou nature of the sheep out there is so cringeworthy. "Think the way I think or else I'm gonna use labels and smearing to coerce you to do it, or ruin you if you wont!" It's a campaign of intimidation to create conformity, by a crowd that likes to pretend its made up of "non conformist rebels."

Sarcastic is the perfect example. During the lockout, he was literally saying on this board that anyone who didn't support the players side was an obvious racist. He claims the dress code is racist. He claims the age limit is racist. He said people who didn't vote for Obama were motivated by race. And this guy is WHITE. But he's such a try-hard, confused little boy he thinks this is what makes him... cool, I guess. Or smart. Or something. Just hurling race cards around everywhere. He's appointed himself Race Chief of Police for some bizarre reason. And it must stem from some kind of need for validation, some need to play the hero or be recognized. That's the problem with a lot of these difficult and sensitive issues, is that the majority of the people are not trying to hammer out a logical, universally-enforced principle, they're trying to side with whatever position will earn them APPROVAL. That's what Sarcastic wants. He wants APPROVAL from either black people or liberals or whomever the case may be. He's not interested in truth practicality. He's desperate for APPROVAL and that's why he sprints in to every argument and puts his hand up to the black folks and says "Hold up, I got this. Watch how I'm gonna get em. You guys are gonna love this. You're gonna think I'm so progressive and enlightened, oh man, I can't wait, you're gonna just think I'm soooo cool." And then he proceeds to say something retarded because he thinks that's what a bunch of gullible liberal dummies wanna hear and he doesn't wanna disappoint.

True story.
    Don't get it twisted. These lib-tards couldn't give a fυck less about black people. They don't care about approval from blacks. They care about the approval of other lib-tard whites.

You'll notice that when a black person has any opinion that isn't left-wing, these same white people suddenly feel really comfortable throwing around labels like "Uncle Tom" and "house nιgger".

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

True story.
    But u can't be an NBA owner with the kind of beliefs that Sterling has. That's pretty much cut and dry. He went above and beyond and is frankly BAD FOR BUSINESS. Also keep in mind the long history of Sterling and his policies in other business ventures. Sports is a great way for people of all backgrounds to break the ice and get to know each other. Professional sports has no room for people like Sterling.

But u can't be an NBA owner with the kind of beliefs that Sterling has. That's pretty much cut and dry. He went above and beyond and is frankly BAD FOR BUSINESS. Also keep in mind the long history of Sterling and his policies in other business ventures. Sports is a great way for people of all backgrounds to break the ice and get to know each other. Professional sports has no room for people like Sterling.
    Apparently you can. He IS an owner, isn't he?

He's not gonna be for much longer!! LOL

And u know what the hell I mean!! It's a shame he was an owner for as long as has been and it's for him to get the boot. And I stand by what I said, guys with his beliefs CAN'T be owner! U know what the hell I was saying!

And u know what the hell I mean!! It's a shame he was an owner for as long as has been and it's for him to get the boot. And I stand by what I said, guys with his beliefs CAN'T be owner! U know what the hell I was saying!
    Agreed. And all anti-Christians are not allowed to own teams either.

NBA Legend

There's a reason sponsors dropped a lot faster than season ticket holders did. It's because they're also worried about the capricious reactions of the blind masses.

If Sterling remained on as owner, the players would still play next year and the arena would still be filled. Why? Because Sterling has nothing to do with the product. People still enjoy basketball, and they can enjoy it regardless of what opinions Donald Sterling has on who his girlfriend takes pictures with.

This is not an example of a legitimate injustice, this is an example of opportunistic liberals trying to push thought-conformity into another aspect of society. It's kind of like what the church used to do with 'heretics.' Don't conform to our beliefs? SUFFER THE WRATH. They love to exert their power like this. It makes them feel self important and... powerful. That's why they do it. It's not about anything else.

And that's a sad precedent, IMO. We should judge people by their actions, and not really GAF about their beliefs. Unfortunately, liberals don't see it that way. If you don't believe as they do, prepare for the smear campaign. They're vicious. And they're always looking for a witch to burn at the public stake, just like in Salem during the puritanical days. You see, social phenomena haven't changed since then, except for the ancillary bells and whistles that adorn it. The masses still thirst to exert their will on those who are different, punish them, ridicule them, demean them, and ruin them. Yes, the liberal masses. That's what they aim to do. Sarcastic and Droid included. That's sociology for ya.

Sterling didn't do shit wrong. How come the owner who paid 100 k to ban gay rights was not banned from the NBA? Makes absolutely no sense however you put it. Kobe Bryant used the F Bomb. Why wasn't he banned? Cuban said he's afraid of blacks in hoodies. Sterling said some words at home, he didn't do shit. I don't see how the NBA can take away your livelihood just because they didn't like something that you said. This makes the NBA look bad. The reality is that nobody was going to boycott if Sterling was an owner by next year, and I mean nobody. They had no proof.