Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Yea well they beat Baylor,who was the only team I saw as a threat and theyve beaten the team with the nation's leading scorer so I see no reason they can't go undefeated thi year too.

Franchize, how do you feel about Mark Bumchez now? I'll tell you how I feel, I'm so f-cking mad it's stupid. First of all, before ranting about Sanchez, let's take a look at our 'best defense in the League according to Rex Ryan'. 38 points by the Bears? What the f-ck? Brady could do anything he wanted, Roethlisberger marched down the field, completing every third down possible. Now Jay Cuntler and the Bears score 38 points. Do we even have a pass rush? We are fortunate that we have Revis and Cromartie because those two guys are the only ones who actually play defense. And since Jim Leonhard is gone we've sucked on D. What about LT? He's been a pile of sh-t since the first couple of weeks, he is one of my favorite players ever. So I hate seeing this from him. Now, you can blame Schotty all you want but Mark Sanchez has sucked. He plays well at times but always manages to mess things up when he needs to play well. The second half of the season he has thrown way more picks than TD's, that is unacceptable. One of the most turnover prone QB's in the NFL today.

I thought this was going to be a good year for New York football, the Giants might not even make the Playoffs, don't know about the Jets right now. Jets were 9-2 a couple of weeks ago tho, now 10-5. Neither team is playing good football right now.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

The game I was watching showed us getting killed by Hester.

And the fake punt with the lead was asinine.

Sanchez didn't lose this game, his pass action was great.

No defense should give up 38 points on drives.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    The game I was watching showed us getting killed by Hester.

And the fake punt with the lead was asinine.

Sanchez didn't lose this game, his pass action was great.

No defense should give up 38 points on drives.
    We sucked today, 'nuff said.

Jets make the Playoffs, I think they will meet the Colts. Giants lose 45-17 and unless they win next week in Washington and Green Bay loses against Chicago they won't even get in.

Like I said before,I'm not a anchez fan but I dont agree that our offensive woes are his fault like ppl conveniently like attribute them to.Our biggest problem is our offensive coordinator.Brian Schottenheimer's game plans are horrendous.As for the defense,I have no problems with it.We had maybe two game where our D gave up a bunch of points.Other than that,we shut teams down.Two of the touchdowns yesterday came off of our own turnovers leading to great field position.The Bears are overrated but cmon,they are a playoff team in the NFL.You give them the ball on wrong side of the 50 and theyre gonna punch it in.Plus we're playing with Lowery @ safety and we havent had a DT for the 2nd year str8.I hope Kris Jenkins gets replaced cuz he's never healthy.We need a pash rusher.Can't blame Rex for injuries.Look @ our points allowed this year...n that's with an offense who routinely goes 3 and out and is terrible on 3rd down in the red zone.

As for the Bears game,the punter was told to punt away from Hester but the win was carrying the ball from out of bounds.Bottom line is,going forward,if we score we'll win most games.I trust our defense.The majority of the games we lost were because we couldnt get the ball in the endzone. Until yesterday,we were undefeated in game we scored more than 10 points.I dont get why management can't see that the playcalling on offense is a problem from that stat alone.You mean to tell me all I have to do is score 11 points for my offense and my defense will fo the rest? Cmon, any team in the NFL should be able to do that. Especially with the receivers and backs and O line we have.
    Last edited by franchize; 12-27-2010 at 09:56 PM.

how about this weather?I was on my way home and it took me 3 hours to get from the Verrazano to the 8th exit on the Jersey turnpike yesterday.It was bananas.Cars were dropping like flies...getting stuck.I just turned around and headed back to my mom's crib.I was on my way back to Maryland but I had my fiance' and baby girl in the car so I was like F it...I'm not gonna risk it.If you guys don't have to,don't go out.It's not worth it.Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Like I said before,I'm not a anchez fan but I dont agree that our offensive woes are his fault like ppl conveniently like attribute them to.Our biggest problem is our offensive coordinator.Brian Schottenheimer's game plans are horrendous.As for the defense,I have no problems with it.We had maybe two game where our D gave up a bunch of points.Other than that,we shut teams down.Two of the touchdowns yesterday came off of our own turnovers leading to great field position.The Bears are overrated but cmon,they are a playoff team in the NFL.You give them the ball on wrong side of the 50 and theyre gonna punch it in.Plus we're playing with Lowery @ safety and we havent had a DT for the 2nd year str8.I hope Kris Jenkins gets replaced cuz he's never healthy.We need a pash rusher.Can't blame Rex for injuries.Look @ our points allowed this year...n that's with an offense who routinely goes 3 and out and is terrible on 3rd down in the red zone.
    Sure we have a good defense but it has taken a step back lately and it sure isn't the best in the NFL.
    And I know Schotty needs to be replaced, but Sanchez is way too turnover prone. This kid can't even hold on to the ball with two hands. That's fundamentals. Whenever he goes out of the pocket I'm just hoping he doesn't turn it over. This team has so much talent, but because of inconsistency they can't get over the hump and be a Super Bowl contender.
    WR: Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.
    TE: Dustin Keller
    RB: Shonn Greene, LT
    And a very solid offensive line, yet they have played in games where they don't even score an offensive TD? It has been a good amount of games too. Both Schottenheimer and the inconsistent play of Sanchez should be blamed for the lack of offensive production. In the beginning of the year Sanchez was tearing it up and the team started off very well.

Let's take a look:
    In weeks 1-5 Sanchez had 0 interceptions and fumbled it once (no lost fumbles). He had 8 TD's in that stretch.
    From week 6 until now he has 13 picks and 8 fumbles (one lost). He has 9 passing TD's and 3 rushing TD's. That's a huge difference.

An interesting fact:
    Sanchez was sacked 7 through week 5 and has been sacked 20 times in weeks 6-16.

Even when Sanchez' play and confidence was at an all time high,we still had games like our season opener we're we didnt score a TD.Our gameplanning just wont allow it

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Even when Sanchez' play and confidence was at an all time high,we still had games like our season opener we're we didnt score a TD.Our gameplanning just wont allow it
    We didn't score a TD against Baltimore, that's one of the best defenses in the NFL. Remember how motivated Ray Lewis was before that game?
    From week 6 we have had 4 games where Sanchez didn't connect on a passing TD. Those were against Green Bay, Miami, New England and Pittsburgh. He did score on the bootleg against the Steelers. We also have to take a look at the receivers, who are so inconsistent. Keller played great (receiving wise) at the beginning of the year but hasn't caught many more passes. And what about the drops? When I think of Santonio in a Jets uniform I remember his clutch play but I also remember that wide-open drop in the endzone a couple weeks back against the Dolphins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BggMrISdRIo

I'm not disagreeing with any of your points.Sanchez hasnt been consistent and neither have our receivers.All I'm saying is,people in the audience and the media like to conveniently blame Sanchez for our offensive woes but nobody seems to target the main problem....our offensive coordinator.The week we played Miami,he ran a screen play out of a tight power I set.Who the hell does that?He ran a TE pass to the flats on 3 and 9 in the 4th quarter.I've seen him call 5 yard TE curls when we need 10 yards.I've seen him run the ball when the defense has 9 in the box and single coverage.He doesnt allow Sanchez to audible much.He sends players in motion for no reason.We almost NEVER roll the pocket (which is bad considering Sanchez is a fairly athletic QB).We don't utilize Brad Smith nearly enough.He is one of the most dynamic players in the league when he gets the ball yet he only has 4 receptions all year.This is the 1st year since Schotty has been here that we've thrown to the running backs.We also run LT too much.As much as I like that LT came back strong when everyone thought he was done,Shonn Greene should be getting the bulk of the carries.He gets extra yards when they arent there.He pushes the pile.LT is great on 3rd down and outside runs.I'd like to see more balance with the carries.

Good post. I completely agree on the running game and especially third down plays. The plays we run on third time are at times just plain stupid. I'd call better plays.

Brad Smith is a sick player and I don't know why this kid doesn't get more plays called for him. We should let him throw it a couple of times too. I want to see how he does. He only runs in the wildcat. That is all they draw up for this kid.

Do you have any suggestions for a new offensive coordinator?

Who would you guys rather face:

Jacksonville, Indianapolis or Kansas City?

[QUOTE]Quick Looks at Jets