Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #31
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: Mock draft 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Kid from Bama should do Deion
That would be awesome but would require a shit ton of jewelry.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #32
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

The media vibe today is that Mayfield is going to go #1.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Ewwww
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:06 PM   #34
hateraid
Is it in you?

I'll take a shot at a mock. I'll just do top 15

1- Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold QB
2- NY Giants- Saquon Barkley RB
3- NY Jets- Josh Allen QB
4- Cleveland Browns- Bradley Chubb DE
5- Denver Broncos- Denzel Ward CB
6- Indianapolis Colts- Roquan Smith LB
7- TB Bucs- Derwin James SS
8- Chicago Bears- Quentin Nelson G
9- SF 49ers- Minkah Fitzpatrick FS
10- LA Raiders- Trumaine Edmunds LB
11- Miami Dolphin- Josh Rosen QB
12- Buffalo Bills- Baker- Mayfield QB
13- Washington Redskins- Vita Vea DT
14- GB Packers - Mike Hughes CB
15- Arizona Cardinals- Calvin Ridley WR
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:

He would make for a fun player to hate if Cleveland could ever get better and rekindle the Steelers/Browns rivalry. I'll also be happy if they don't pick Rosen because I think he's the best QB in the draft and I don't want him in my division.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #36
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Dallas - Vander Esch

Old 04-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #37
Mex-Laker
Serious playground baller

So, no Dez, now no Witten?

Who dafuq is Dak going to overthrow now?
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #38
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Our best WR threat is a one dimensional scrub that the Jags didn't care to hang onto.

Actually, our best receiving threat will probably be Zeke who will touch the ball a gazillion times this coming season and should be a lock for #1 overall in every fantasy league there is.

At this point we should just resign Dez lol.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:59 AM   #39
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Our best WR threat is a one dimensional scrub that the Jags didn't care to hang onto.

Actually, our best receiving threat will probably be Zeke who will touch the ball a gazillion times this coming season and should be a lock for #1 overall in every fantasy league there is.

At this point we should just resign Dez lol.

Who cares if your best WR threat sucks? Considering how Dallas is currently built around zeke and the strong o-line, IMO they should be following the Seahawks strategy of running game + defense with a mobile QB (to bail you out). Seahawks recently destroyed one of the best offenses of all time 43-8 in the superbowl with UDFA Doug Baldwin as their #1 guy.

Having elite receivers is overrated IMO. The Seahawks won one SB (as massive underdogs) with Baldwin as the #1 and the next year were one yard away from winning with Baldwin as #1 a second time. Last season the Jags almost toppled New England with the Marquese Lee (Hurns was ahead of Lee before his injury) and a trash QB backed by a strong running game and a nasty defense. The Eagles just won with a fairly unimpressive version of Alshon as their top guy. Cam recently dragged the Panthers to the superbowl with Ted fucking Gin as his #1 WR. The 2012 Ravens won it all with an old ass version of Boldin as their best receiver. Calvin is one of the best of all time, how many games did he win for his team? The Cardinals had that one great run with Warner, but how much of a difference has Fitz really made for them over his career?

Having good receivers definitely helps, but in the grand scheme of things there are far more important areas of the team... like defense, particularly pass rush. Aside from perhaps the 2016 Patriots, every single one of past 10 NFL champions has had a beastly defensive line, and aside from that 2016 Pats team every one of those champions had at least one tier-1 edge rusher. For comparison, the only tier-1 receiving options who have won a superbowl in the past 10 years are Gronk and Jordy.

So I disagree that the Cowboys should be worrying about receiving threats. Given the fact that they already have a versatile QB as well as a very strong o-line and run game, I think the Cowboys should be putting 100% of their resources into building up the defense. IMO they should be building a scary pass rush first, and then building an opportunistic secondary to take advantage of the rush... and then maybe worrying about receiver threats once the important stuff is taken care of.

Last edited by Nanners : 04-28-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #40
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

^^^ IIRC last season you were saying that Dallas needed help at WR and that was WITH Dez.

If we had Seattle's defense, I'd be okay with it. You can win in the NFL with one facet of the your team being garbage, even a garbage QB. But the other facet's need to make up for it. If the defense really steps up, and if Zeke stays healthy and gets 'fed', then maybe we'll be okay with a sub par pass attack. But those two things REALLY need to step up.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #41
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

I dont recall saying that Dallas should be using draft picks on receivers last season, but I do recall pointing out Dez's obvious decline several times.

Anyway, I am not saying the Cowboys need to *be* Seattle, I am just saying that Seattle has the type of team structure I think they should be building towards. Seattle had a forgettable defense until Pete showed up and they sunk a ton of picks into that side of the ball (and had some amazing luck). There is nothing stopping the Cowboys from drafting a team full of good defensive players.

The Cowboys offense in 2016 was one of the best in the league, but one year later in 2017 they were soundly mediocre. What gives? Aside from Zekes partial suspension, those two Dallas teams were nearly identical. Why were the Cowboys so much better in 2016 than 2017? I dont think it was because of Dez...

Last edited by Nanners : 04-28-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:32 PM   #42
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
I dont recall saying that Dallas should be using draft picks on receivers last season, but I do recall pointing out Dez's obvious decline several times.

Anyway, I am not saying the Cowboys need to *be* Seattle, I am just saying that Seattle has the type of team structure I think they should be building towards. Seattle had a forgettable defense until Pete showed up and they sunk a ton of picks into that side of the ball (and had some amazing luck). There is nothing stopping the Cowboys from drafting a team full of good defensive players.

The Cowboys offense in 2016 was one of the best in the league, but one year later in 2017 they were soundly mediocre. What gives? Aside from Zekes partial suspension, those two Dallas teams were nearly identical. Why were the Cowboys so much better in 2016 than 2017? I dont think it was because of Dez...
A good part of it was Tyron Smith's injury. His replacement(s) was a absolute joke and Dak was giving player's career sack days.

That's why we drafted OL in the 2nd round...our line is elite, but the depth there is...there isn't any depth

Last season we found out how much value Tyron Smith has...when the opposing team's stud edge rusher is a non-factor, that's a huge difference. We tend to take that for granted until suddenly it's gone.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #43
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
A good part of it was Tyron Smith's injury. His replacement(s) was a absolute joke and Dak was giving player's career sack days.

That's why we drafted OL in the 2nd round...our line is elite, but the depth there is...there isn't any depth

Last season we found out how much value Tyron Smith has...when the opposing team's stud edge rusher is a non-factor, that's a huge difference. We tend to take that for granted until suddenly it's gone.

no doubt the loss of tyron hurt your team

That said, the impact that all those opposing edge rushers had is exhibit A in why the boys need to be building up their defense. Virtually every recent superbowl winner, and the vast majority of playoff teams in general, all have dramatically above average defense. Aside from the '16 Patriots, when was the last time any team that wasnt defensively focused won a Superbowl?

Remember what it was like when Demarcus Ware as on your team? Dont you want to have that again?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: