Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 11-26-2006, 01:51 AM   #31
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
As far as Kansas fans outnumbering Florida fans, I think it's fair to say that the basketball game wasn't priority No. 1 for Florida fans today.
Yeah and Gainesville is about twice the driving distance from Las Vegas than Lawrence.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-26-2006 at 01:53 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 AM   #32
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Um, that's still probably an 17-18 hour drive on I-70, at least. Lawrence is well over 1,000 miles from Vegas. Think about it: you're going across Colorado and Utah between Kansas and Nevada. I doubt too many folks made the Kansas-to-Vegas road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCrules2187
So uh, anyone wanna take a stab at the new rankings? Lots of top 10 upsets this week.
Not a guess, but here's how I'd do it:

1. UCLA
2. Ohio State
3. Kansas
4. Florida
5. Pitt
6. Marquette
7. Alabama
8. UNC
9. Butler
10. LSU

Last edited by TheGame414 : 11-26-2006 at 02:05 AM.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #33
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Yeah but for people making a trip for a two-day tournament isn't all that ridiculous for die-hard fans. An 18 hour drive on a holiday weekend allows them to get back in time for classes or work on Monday. A 34-35 hour drive from Florida gets them back sometime Monday evening if they drive straight through. If they aren't rotating drivers and actually get some sleep, you're looking at getting back to Gainesville mid-morning Tuesday. But yeah, the UF-FSU game definitely had higher priority this weekend.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:34 AM   #34
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

The margin between mid d1 and high d1 is very little. Anyways, That was a great game by kansas and some clutch free throws by arthur. Noah didn't impress me but taureen green did, horford is going to be an animal in the league
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:40 AM   #35
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Wright impressed me the most in the first half. Chalmers impressed me in the second half hitting some big shots.

I Like Kansas a lot this year.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #36
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

Kansas looked pretty good in this game. They have the talent to beat anyone as they proved tonight, but they have trouble getting up for teams like Bradley, Bucknell, and Oral Roberts. However i think they're moe focused now than ever. What more can you say about Julian Wright. He held a players only meeting before the game and ripped the team for not listening to coach Self, then he went out and carried Kansas on his back for a good portion of the game. He is a special player.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #37
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Green
Humphries
Brewer
Horford
Noah

Still National Champs
Old 11-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #38
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

No, they're not. They were the 2006 national champs. There won't be a national champ until April 2nd.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:33 PM   #39
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

who are you national champs then? who do you thinks going to be florida in the tourny.

Kansas got a good win but florida made to many mistakes that shouldn't happen.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:58 PM   #40
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

I actually like Florida to repeat, but even Billy Donovan said they could be even better than last year and not go as far in the tourney. And he's exactly right; they're definitely better, but the odds of repeating, no matter how good you are, are massively against you.

Since Duke repeated in 1992, four champions have brought back their nucleus intact- or close to it; UNC in '94, Arkansas in '95, Arizona in '98, and Duke in '02. Only Arkansas even reached the Final Four.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #41
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

It's just crazy that our whole starting 5 came back and 4 of the 5 will be good nba players. They play as a team, taureen took some bad shots at the end in the kansas game but that's not an excuse. FLA got beat fair and square but if we played them again we'll beat them..

I enjoyed watching kansas young players do good such as arthur, chambers, wright and rush.

If all stayed i think they will be a national title contender next year. Hell even this year!

i agree with you, it's extremely hard to repeat but i think we have what it takes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #42
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

I want to see the Florida that's averaging 20+ assists. Not the one that got 9 and did nothing to stop Kansas from shooting 53.6% from the field. I think our bigs are trying too hard to block shots and the Kansas players smartly got them in the air with ball fakes.
One thing I don't like is that UF is now #4 and Kansas is #5. I know Kansas lost to Oral Roberts (anyone's going to have a little trouble with a team when one of their freshmen goes 7 of 8 from downtown), but they beat Florida so they should at least switch spots.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-29-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #43
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

^ That was actually a pretty inteligent post. That was a great basketball game played in Las Vegas, an instant classic. Both teams will be much better in March than are are here in November. I can't wait
Old 11-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #44
dubclerk
Saw a basketball once

Default I need a copy of the game!

My video card burned out right before the game so I had to listen on the radio. Did anyone make a tape of the game in any format? My mom and Dad were actually at the game and said it rocked just like Allen Field House. She said it was the best game she has ever seen.

I need to see it! Help!

Thanks

dubclerk
dubclerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #45
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

^ check out phog.net message boards
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: