Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: Most exposed player this playoffs: Marc Gasol

Grizzlies would be fine if they had any shooting at all over the past 4 years. Just one or two reliable 3 shooters...

Even Quincy P's shooting would've been helpful against the Warriors.

Jeff Green is butt, always has been.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    His post game is just AWFUL.

Again, in one-on-one's against the 6-6 Draymond Green...he couldn't post up. Invariably he settled for fall-away shots that missed badly.

And as good as he was at the line, he couldn't hit wide open 15 ft shots to save his life.

Defense? Aside from an eight minute stretch in the 3rd quarter last night, he was no more than ordinary. In fact, the Warriors, known for their 3pt shooting, attacked the rim unmercifully the entire series (and missed quite a few easy shots along the way.)

When he TRIED to defend Green, Draymond blew by him. He couldn't defend the paint.

His passing is over-rated. Occasionally he will find an open shooter, but he never finds a cutter.

He rebounded reasonably in this series, but overall, for a 7-1 center, he is no more than ordinary.

Finally...he is slow, and out of shape. He was almost always the last man down the floor at either end. And while he played 44 minutes last night, he was noticeably gassed in the last quarter.

If this guy is the second best center in the league, then this is clearly, and by far, the worst era of centers in NBA history.
    Ya Gasol sucks and is overrated. Reminds me of Wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Elimination game for Dwight and Gasol.

Gasol 18 and 10 on 35% shooting with a loss at home. Dwight has like 20 and 21 on 65% shooting with a W on the road.

Who is the best center in the NBA?

Dwight haters, let that L burn your soul real real slow.
    HOLY SHIT. dis nigguh still alive!

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Grizzlies would be fine if they had any shooting at all over the past 4 years. Just one or two reliable 3 shooters...

Even Quincy P's shooting would've been helpful against the Warriors.

Jeff Green is butt, always has been.
    mike miller, vince carter, courtney lee. The problem your best players arent good enough.

looks like beta genes run through the family

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    I was surprised to look at his stats this morning and see he averaged 20/10/5. Watching him play, it felt like he was giving you his usual Playoff production, 14-16 points, 7-8 rebounds, and 4 assists, with low efficiency.

I'm a huge Marc fan, but I agree that he usually come up short in the Playoffs. His TS% in the postseason that past three years is at .501.

I'd still rather have Duncan in a series, tbh.
    Marc doesnt have the best offensive system, elite playmakers, elite ball/player movement and elite shooters to space the floor for him. He creates most of his looks with the occasional Conley find and the rare ZBo pass. Marc got doubled more in this series than Timmy has been since like 07. Marc is clearly a better player now

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Obviously a prime Duncan was a far greater player, but I have long maintained that I would take a 39 year old Timmy over this guy any day of the week.
    When it counts, Duncan comes to play. There isn't any big man I'd take today over a 39 year old Duncan in an important series - too much smarts, fundamentals, competitiveness. Some might score more, but counting defense, gimme the old Timmy.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    mike miller, vince carter, courtney lee. The problem your best players arent good enough.
    Are you shitting me? ZBo, Gasol and Conley are as good as practically any top three tandem in the league.

Vince and Miller were straight up garbage while on Memphis. Courtney Lee isn't a great shooter.

Decent college freshman

People forget that Bogut by almost all defensive metrics was the best minute for minute defender in the NBA. Green meanwhile, was 2nd in DPOY. They weren't going to make it easy on those Memphis bigs and they don't have the wings to take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    He isn't that good

I'd take Serge Ibaka over him

You aren't too smart then

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Good post. WTF is Hollinger doing? Isnt he supposed to be smart? The Grizz have the SAME MAKEUP since 2011

Marc, Conley, ZBo, Tony then bum nikkas. They have Vince now who isnt the player he was last season..........they had Prince before. They had Demarre Carroll at one point..........had Battier........they have low usage players on the wings. Jeff Green is awful. Koufus is a nice backup, Udrih is decent. But without a great offensive and consistent wing and 3pt shooting that can at least play avg in their defensive system (like Steph in Golden State) they will continue doin the same sht.........

Yeah, Koufos and Udrih are nice players to have on the bench. Conley, Lee, Randolph, and Gasol should all still be roughly the same players next year as they were this year. They just need some legit wing scoring. What a shame they didn't have Carroll this year. Simply having him instead of Green could have swung this series.

It's so fun to watch this Grizz team go up against the high flying/deep shooting teams cause of the style contrast, and I often find myself rooting for the Grizz, but god dammit they need to get some contributions from the wing. Get your shirt together Hollinger.

He had a hard time scoring on Green many times which was pathetic. Green is a great defender but he's 5 inches shorter come the F on.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    He had a hard time scoring on Green many times which was pathetic. Green is a great defender but he's 5 inches shorter come the F on.
    looking back at it it seems quite clear that Marc is pretty much a straight high post player so warriors double Z when he's posting and let Marc shoot 18 footer which is least efficient shot in basketball anyway