Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 07-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince
Default Can someone please tell me

What in the world are the nets doing?

Aight fellas, try to help me understand. Are they trying to rebuild or what?

First off... they trade Jkidd.(A guy Who I think is one of the if not the best pg in the league) For a young Devin Harris.

So I come to think, they are going to start over. They then go and trade RJeff, for Simmons and Yi Jian lian. So they get even younger.

Then they add Dooling, who I find a bit wierd cuz hes not THAT young.

Then they add Najera and I heard they were trying to add camby??

When ppl are rebuilding, they add young guys but traded away marcus williams.

So whats going on ? ?

I'm confused fellas, I Just really liked that williams duo with Boone. I'm guessing they keep vc to fill the seats right /? ??

But you guys are looking nice for the future

5 Lopez
4 Williams
3 Yi
2 Dooling
1 Harris

That looks niiiice.... For a young squad? ?

But you guys have A LOT of players... i believe you guys have 17 payers under contract...

What going on ? ? ?

Thanks for the help.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Default Re: Can someone please tell me

- the nets had utterly no choice in trading kidd, which in turn did not give them much choice about rebuilding.

- once that happened it became clear that RJ and VC have to go at some point. you can rightfully question what the nets got for RJ, but at the very least you should recognise yi as being an interesting pickup.

- dooling they have been pursuing for years as a superb backup combo guard, so that one was no surprise.

- my understanding of najera is that he's like nachbar except with much better defense, so that seems to make sense.

i agree with you about camby... he would have been a fool's gold pickup. also about m. williams. of course one thing about marcus is that he may have been a real ass as a teammate, and they're trying to build a team with good character like the spurs, pistons, celtics, etc. but it's just a guess- i have no real idea.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
Nets fan 93
D'Angelo Russell Era
Default Re: Can someone please tell me

Dooling was picked up because he can play 2 positions. Thorn likes him and right now is better than Marcus. We are rebuilding yes but we need some vets...
Najera was absolutely Kiki. Kiki is obsessed with all former Nuggs. Najera as gigantes says brins vet leadership and D.

Williams was great yes... but was he really needed here? We arent the Orlando Magic we dont keep people just for their potential(Reddick)
Williams wouldnt get any better under Harris and especially under Frank.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: