Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Brad Smith is a sick player and I don't know why this kid doesn't get more plays called for him. We should let him throw it a couple of times too. I want to see how he does. He only runs in the wildcat. That is all they draw up for this kid.
    EXACTLY!!! We never let him throw it.The guy set records in collge not only for his running but for his passing as a QB.Im not saying let him run the 2 minute drill but damn,let him throw it a few times to keep the defense honest.

Who would you guys rather face:

Jacksonville, Indianapolis or Kansas City?
    Kansas City.Peyton Manning,despite having no help,is still the best QB in the league in my opinion and I dont want any parts of MJD.He always gives us fits despite our stellar run defense.Im not saying KC isnt good.I just know their main threat is Cassel to Bowe and I'll take a Revis v. Bowe matchup.We'd have to worry about Jamal Charles but I like our run D. Really it's a toss up between them and the Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    EXACTLY!!! We never let him throw it.The guy set records in collge not only for his running but for his passing as a QB.Im not saying let him run the 2 minute drill but damn,let him throw it a few times to keep the defense honest.

Kansas City.Peyton Manning,despite having no help,is still the best QB in the league in my opinion and I dont want any parts of MJD.He always gives us fits despite our stellar run defense.Im not saying KC isnt good.I just know their main threat is Cassel to Bowe and I'll take a Revis v. Bowe matchup.We'd have to worry about Jamal Charles but I like our run D. Really it's a toss up between them and the Jags.
    If defenses have to account for Brad Smith passing the ball it will open up lanes for him to run. It gives Mark Sanchez some rest and it forces defenses to adjust. All they have to do with Brad Smith as QB is defend the run.

I agree Kansas City would be a good matchup, but Indy's defense isn't at the top of the list either. Which is very important for this team, against good defenses the offense has a lot of trouble. They did well against the Bears and the Steelers, let's hope they can keep that up. The defense will have their hands full against all three teams. I'm afraid of playing against Manning since we won't get pressure on him consistantly, we all know what happens when Manning has time in the pocket. We need Jim Leonhard back, the team has missed him a lot.

And we need to draft a defensive lineman in the first round this year. Hopefully we can get value for Kris Jenkins, because he unfortunately won't be Kris Jenkins anymore. He would have helped this team out a lot. He clogs the middle and brings pressure. Was one of the best defensive tackles in the League, really unfortunate that he hasn't played in two years. Imagine this defense with Jim Leonhard back and Kris Jenkins.

Congrats to Darrelle Revis, Nick Mangold and D'Brickashaw Ferguson. The Jets players present on the 2010 Pro Bowl roster.

[QUOTE]Revis, Mangold, Ferguson Named to Pro Bowl
    By Nick Gallo
    Posted 19 hours ago
    On Sunday the New York Jets locked up a playoff berth, and tonight the 10-5 Green & White have learned that three of their mainstays

How the hell is Brad Smith not in the Pro Bowl?

How the hell is Brad Smith not in the Pro Bowl?
    I have no idea, probably won't make it as 2nd alternate either.

He's probably been our most valuable player this year.He's kept us in games or made plays in games we otherwise would have lost.If he didnt open that Pitt game with a TD,I dont think we would have won.

He's probably been our most valuable player this year.He's kept us in games or made plays in games we otherwise would have lost.If he didnt open that Pitt game with a TD,I dont think we would have won.
    Sure, he's fantastic and makes big plays. But most valuable?

If it weren't for David Harris and Bart Scott we wouldn't have one of the top run defenses in the NFL. If it weren't for Darrelle Revis teams could go to their playmakers at wideout and kill us. If it weren't for those guys players like AP, Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson could have had great games against us.

I want him to have an expanded role. As a QB, as a returner and as a wideout. He's had games where he won't touch the ball for 3 quarters.

THose guys are great but Brad THIS YEAR has saved our @$$e$ so many times.Im not saying he's our best player at all.Not our most valuble overall either.I'm just saying,if you're only talking this year and players contributions,I'd say he's had the best year out of any Jet.PPL forget he plays defense very well on special teams also. He's either blocked or returned a block punt this year if I'm not mistaken.

THose guys are great but Brad THIS YEAR has saved our @$$e$ so many times.Im not saying he's our best player at all.Not our most valuble overall either.I'm just saying,if you're only talking this year and players contributions,I'd say he's had the best year out of any Jet.PPL forget he plays defense very well on special teams also. He's either blocked or returned a block punt this year if I'm not mistaken.
    He's been great, I can't deny that at all. But Revis (since being 100%) has been Darrelle Revis, doing it every single night. Just like Harris and Scott. I understand that you are think so highly of Brad Smith because he gives you those momentum plays. And you are right, without that kickoff return for a TD against Pittsburgh we wouldn't have won. He had his best game ever against the Bengals this year, too. He had a rushing TD and a return for a TD, the first WR to do that since White Shoes Johnson. He's been a huge factor but you can't argue against the three guys who make this defense top 3 in the NFL. I believe David Harris was named the team's MVP by the players.

Brad Smith is fantastic tho, I'm happy he plays in a Jets uniform.

As you know, I'm very critical of Mark Sanchez. He's still just a 24 year old QB in his second season. I expected more, but he's played with wideouts who drop a lot of ball and some horrible playcalling. I wonder if Schotty ever listens to Mark. He says his confidence is low, why not give him some short throws on curl routes. Or maybe slants across the middle to Santonio Holmes. Work the screen game with Brad Smith, he has the explosiveness to make big plays in those situations. Unfortunately Greene has brick hands and won't catch the balls. Give him throws which raises his confidence. And Mark was way better in the beginning of the season. What is noticable? He completed way more passes to Dustin Keller, his young Tight End (26-3rd year) when he played well. Those two play great together but I haven't seen much of that since the beginning of the season.

He has made major improvements this year, his role has increased a lot as well. They are allowing him to play football (at times) instead of just managing games like last year. Mark Sanchez has become the offense, Shonn Greene is definitely the running back for the future as he should start to see his role increase.

PPL rip Mark Sanchez but I think they forget this is only his second year.I'm not a fan of his at all but cmon.The spotlight of NY is causing some unfair scrutiny.The dude has already made the playoffs twice.Last year some games were in spite of him btu this year he WON us a lot of games.

The guy I have the problem with obviously is Schotty who has been here for years and can't coordinate a game plan still.He's so reactive and not proactive.We game plan around what teams are doing to us during the course of a game.We never make teams have to adjust to us.You can't be a counterpuncher with offensive play calling.

Rex Ryan says some guys won't play (J. Ihedigbo, D. Woody) or play limited minutes (M. Sanchez) this Sunday. He isn't sure if Cromartie or Revis will play, because of groin and hamstring issues. Both were limited in practice this week. He might rest them for the Playoffs.

They want to win the game because there haven't been many occasions in Jets history where the team has gone 11-5.

I say: GO FOR IT! But with backups.

Rookie RB Joe McKnight will get carries against Buffalo. The 22-year old was selected in the 4th round this year. In a Jets uniform he has 7 carries for 31 yards and has one reception for 5 yards. LT needs the rest and I want to see what the former USC Trojan can do. Hopefully he'll do damage, give a good amount of carries to Shonn Greene as well.
    Last edited by NY-Knicks; 01-01-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Well, we are playing nearly all backups today. No LT or Shonn Greene, so a lot of Joe McKnight today. I really hope since Mark Sanchez will play limited minutes that we see Brad Smith at QB as well, THROWING THE BALL. Would make my day. I hope he gets a lot of playing time.

Jets finish the season with a record of 11-5, just the fourth time in Jets history that we reach 11 wins in a season.

Not clear who will be the Playoff opponent, but KC just lost big time to the Raiders.

All the QB's played in this game, and did well.
    Mark Sanchez played in one drive, threw no passes. Result was a field goal.
    Mark Brunell did a good job throwing the ball, finished with 2 TD's, 110 yards (6/12) and one pick.
    Kellen Clemens was 1/2 for 6 yards but also ran for 9 yards on two carries. He had a rushing TD as well.
    Brad Smith threw the ball once, completing his only throw of the night for three yards. He also had 5 carries for 60 yards.
    John Conner ran for 44 yards on 8 carries and a TD.
    Joe McKnight was impressive, exploding for large gains on a couple of plays on his way to 158 yards on 32 carries.

Calvin Pace was fantastic, he had a sack, an interception, one deflected pass and brought a lot of pressure which resulted in the pick 6 for Marquice Cole. The Jets intercepted the ball four times, including a pick 6. Two of those interceptions were by Cole.

Didnt get to see the game but saw highights.Cant believe McKnight actually had a good game lol.One thing of concern still is how much of a liability Drew Coleman is.Week after week teams target him and pick on him all game.I dont know how Kyle Wilson got in the dog house but I find it very hard to believe he's worse than Coleman.Coleman is pitiful.

The thing that I find hilarious is that we are brutally criticized.The way the "experts" rip us,you'd think we're a 6-10 team.11 wins is a very good season,even if you had a cupcake season like the Buccaneers.What I like that other than maybe the Dolphins game,we didnt have any bad losses.We beat the teams we're supposed to beat and we had two big time wins against arguably the two best teams in the NFL (Steelers and Patriots).We have some glaring holes but I can say I'm proud to be a Jets fan!