Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 AM   #46
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The NBA 2K9 Mugshot Thread

This is a normal healthy Hedo Turkoglu:

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/hedo_tu...20-240x240.jpg

This is a Hedo Turkoglu after smoking an ounce of hash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4

A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:28 AM   #47
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
Xbox's are $200 now.

Or you can go on craigslist. Thats what I did. Got mine for $300 with modifications to play burned games and it came with about 20 games.

Clutch

Can you play on Xbox live this way? That's my number one thing to do with fighting games and sports games.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 AM   #48
Figlo
Good High School Starter

Figlo has decent reputation

Theese are actually very good 3 or 4 are spot on. Some are good, some decent. And only a few ugly ones. They kept the same Turkoglu rom 2k8.
Figlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 AM   #49
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Can you play on Xbox live this way? That's my number one thing to do with fighting games and sports games.

You can play x-box live on a modded 360 but beware of getting banned, you're going to have to check for updates to the firmware every day, if you don't and you log into live with out-of-date firmware installed, they will label your 360 for the next banwave.

If you get one of the nice 360s make sure you pay somebody to mod it for you and then check for the firmware update every day. Another thing you can do is just get a cheapo one, mod it up and then you don't have to worry as much about it getting banned. If it does get banned you can sell it on E-Bay with 50 games, tell people it's banned and sell it for a profit.

I've only ever modded one 360 and it was for my buddy, he didn't update the firmware and got it banned but did like I said and sold it on ebay for a $50 profit.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 AM   #50
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Damn, guess I'll just have to stick to paying for games then.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #51
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

i got the game... played it for 20 mins.

everyone already knows the good (the animation is sick)

but the bad... i'm experiencing minor slowdown at times... also the game overall is much faster and moves at a lightling pace... so much so that when the camera "flips" (in 2k camera), it's almost enough to make one crazy.

Now keep in mind I'm no newbie. I've been playing 2k since the dreamcast days and have ALWAYS used the 2k camera...but this year something just ain't right...the flip is too fast and too sudden. (it'll flip as the ball is still going through the hoop)

more impressions later...

btw i'm playing it on 360 on a 23 inch monitor (maybe on a bigger TV it'll be better)
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #52
RobboUK
I brick open layups

RobboUK has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
i got the game... played it for 20 mins.

everyone already knows the good (the animation is sick)

but the bad... i'm experiencing minor slowdown at times... also the game overall is much faster and moves at a lightling pace... so much so that when the camera "flips" (in 2k camera), it's almost enough to make one crazy.

Now keep in mind I'm no newbie. I've been playing 2k since the dreamcast days and have ALWAYS used the 2k camera...but this year something just ain't right...the flip is too fast and too sudden. (it'll flip as the ball is still going through the hoop)

more impressions later...

btw i'm playing it on 360 on a 23 inch monitor (maybe on a bigger TV it'll be better)

awesome man, i gotta wait til friday to get my hands on it here in the UK. Does the gameplay feel any different from last year?
RobboUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #53
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

these heads look obvious.

http://www.operationsports.com/views...=154&outof=296
http://www.operationsports.com/views...=218&outof=296
http://www.operationsports.com/views...=254&outof=296
http://www.operationsports.com/views...=207&outof=296
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #54
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboUK
awesome man, i gotta wait til friday to get my hands on it here in the UK. Does the gameplay feel any different from last year?

everything moves much faster...

and i just played a game of online and the 2K camera isn't available to use online! (can use it in regular gameplay) this will be an unpopular move...

its alot more sim though (even online), the player spacing is superb.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #55
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is there still a comprehensive list of free agents that you can sign to your teams?
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #56
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation here

I can't wait until the game comes out!!!!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #57
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Actually NBA 2k has better facesets than Live but lacks it's all around graphics. These guys look like they're high.
I hope they introduce a beefed up Create-Ur-Player system.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: