Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #31
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: Law Abiding Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Gerard Butler is a man's man, for anyone who likes action movies. He's had a couple of movies that stray from that such as The Ugly Truth and the movie he did with Jennifer Aniston (which both weren't horrible) but he's been a part of several hits over the last 4-5 years and I didn't really think there were dudes out there which thought otherwise.

He overacts so badly. He seems to want to be taken really seriously, but come on.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:31 AM   #32
KKittles30
#30 Forever 'Nova!

KKittles30 has decent reputation

I too agree the ending sucked...I thought the ending should've went like this...

You see the bomb explodes in his cell and and all the fire and explosion goes off but,there was a another tunnel he could escape into which a mastermind would plan and there were secondary explosives which go off at city hall and kills everyone there ..and then cut to Jaime Foxx who thinks he's dead and then when they cut away to his daughter's recital and they're watching her play as soon as she finished the last note, his daughter and the cello explodes everyone is screaming and commotion ensues..Jaime foxx stands up scanning the whole room and he looks up to the front entrance by the door and sees Gerard Butler who gives him a kind wave as he walks out the door through all the smoke and debris....

roll credits.... = epic movie
KKittles30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #33
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKittles30
I too agree the ending sucked...I thought the ending should've went like this...

You see the bomb explodes in his cell and and all the fire and explosion goes off but,there was a another tunnel he could escape into which a mastermind would plan and there were secondary explosives which go off at city hall and kills everyone there ..and then cut to Jaime Foxx who thinks he's dead and then when they cut away to his daughter's recital and they're watching her play as soon as she finished the last note, his daughter and the cello explodes everyone is screaming and commotion ensues..Jaime foxx stands up scanning the whole room and he looks up to the front entrance by the door and sees Gerard Butler who gives him a kind wave as he walks out the door through all the smoke and debris....

Excellent.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #34
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:22 AM   #35
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I love you.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:11 AM   #36
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah, i didn't like the ending that well. decent flick though.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #37
mayo'sgrizz
Where OJ Mayo Happens

mayo'sgrizz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

tht was a grat ending actually. pretty impressive! +1
mayo'sgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #38
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

shortlunatic has an OK reputation so far

This movie really had me going for awhile too. The commercial really hyped it up. How was this guy getting people killed from behind bars??

**SPOLIER ALERT**

But I couldn't believe that in the end, he was just simple sneaking out of his cell from a maximum security prison. Nuthon but a thang to Butler. Maybe I'm diggin to deep, but I just can't take that scenario seriously. The guy has murdered a couple while he's supposed to be in solitary confinement, and not one genious thought of putting him under 24-hour surveillance lol.

**Spolier**
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #39
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

absolutely- anything but that shyt they went with- the film was so concerned with having a really false moral resolution- that was what prevented it from being a decent bit of fun. jamie fox couldnt kill butler- he had to do it himself because fox was good, that sickened me. a mindless piece of trash like this lower itself even more with its final scrape at morality.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #40
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
I agree with the OP. The ending was dumb because a genius wouldn't go out that way...
at that point, he had nothing to live for anyways. kinda reminded me of the ending of that last Clintwood movie.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #41
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
at that point, he had nothing to live for anyways. kinda reminded me of the ending of that last Clintwood movie.
Yeah exactly. I agree with others in the sense that it could've ended with him escaping and walking free since he was such a genius. But at the same time, the dude had a death wish. He obviously wasn't happy with his life and felt there was nothing left to live for. So while they could've made a better ending, it did kind of make sense.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: