Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Crazy story gets crazier

There has been a big story in NYC over the past week. Happened not far from my house. A hit and run driver hit a cab killing a Hasidic husband and wife. The wife was 7 months pregnant and doctor's ended up delivering the baby, but the baby later died.

The driver of the other car has surrendered. Cops estimate he was doing 60 mph. It turns out he had a record.

Quote:
He served about a decade in prison in the 1990s for manslaughter after he was convicted of shooting a Brooklyn criminal whose moniker, 50 Cent, was the inspiration for rapper Curtis Jackson's current stage name.
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation
Default Re: Crazy story gets crazier

weird coincidence but i dont see that as being too crazy
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's big tabloid story that's been going on for a few days and then when they find the guy, it's connected to a celebrity? This is going to be on the front pages around here for a wile and probably will go national.

I have to admit, though, that the first time I read it, I thought he was the guy who shot the rapper.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-07-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
It's big tabloid story that's been going on for a few days and then when they find the guy, it's connected to a celebrity? This is going to be on the front pages around here for a wile and probably will go national.

I have to admit, though, that the first time I read it, I thought he was the guy who shot the rapper.

are you jewish?
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

He didn't shoot the vitamin water pranksta. He shot the real 50 Cent. This is some nice trivia for a 6 degrees of separation game if nothing else.

Sad story about the family though, there was some silver lining when the baby was initially saved. But that's the way things go in reality sometimes unfortunately.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #6
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
are you jewish?
No. Catholic
Old 03-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #7
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

Dude shot OG 50 Cent?! That's crazy, I'm surprised he's still alive.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did the baby die because of injuries suffered through the wreck or because it was so premature? I guess it's sort of the same thing, but you know what I mean.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #9
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Did the baby die because of injuries suffered through the wreck or because it was so premature? I guess it's sort of the same thing, but you know what I mean.

I think because it was premature. Also if the mother died and then they delivered the baby, it seems there would be complications from that as well.

I think she was about 7 months pregnant.

I actually heard a rumor about a car accident that happened on that same street about 10 years ago. That two kids were screwing around and one was hanging out the window of a car...I think they were both drunk and he fell out of the car and was hurt pretty badly. When the cops came, they discovered the driver had about $20,000 grand in cash. He was like 21, 22 and the cops wondered why a kid like that had so much money on him. They traced his steps that night and found he was making pickups for the mob. He is also the grandson of a very famous Brooklyn athlete.

His last stop was a bar very close near here, that overnight became a different restaurant. They tried to play it off like they had sold the place, but the cops didn't buy it and took away their liquor license and that place is still closed to this day while the neighborhood around it is undergoing a crazy cycle of gentrification. You would make money hand over fist with the right bar or restaurant in that spot. I learned all this from a guy who had a bar in the neighborhood for like 50 years.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #10
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
He is also the grandson of a very famous Brooklyn athlete.

You know I never thought to google that story, but it did make the local papers. He was 27 thought....I guess to the old guy who told me the story 27 was a kid.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 AM   #11
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What would make this story real crazy is that they later find out Curtis Jackson paid the guy to pull a stunt so he'd get publicity.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #12
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

50 cent, curtis, was not shot 8 times ?
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: