Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller KobeLookLike2Pac's Avatar

Default Soccer is for children.Football is for men.

Eventually the world will see soccer like the US does. Great as a children's sport, but with maturity it just isn't intense or challenging enough for adults. I know the world has not embraced football because of economical reasons(football is expensive to play), poor diets not capable of producing physical specimens able to withstand the rigors of football(your average soccer player could literally be killed on a pro football field), and just pure stubbornness for tradition( and the USA is unpopular at the moment).

I am convinced that the world will show more interest in football as economies grow, people start eating better diets, and the USA comes back to earth and stops alienating the rest of the world.

And there is also this. I have noticed that in southern California there are lots of high schools who have a population of 75% or more immigrants or children of immigrants in them from Central America where soccer is king. You would think that the soccer games would have higher attendance than football games because soccer is popular there but football is nonexistent. However that is not the case go to the soccer matches at these schools and then go to the varsity football games. The football games have twice as many people as the soccer games(the fan ratio is at least 10:1 in a normal high school)even though a huge percentage of these people never knew a thing about football before coming to America. That right there proves to me that football will eventually be king.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

I don't think soccer will ever NOT be the biggest sport in the world.

Hahahahaha

They rest of the world will never care about American football, you must be crazy.

American style football is behind baseball, basketball, prolly tennis, hockey, and I bet even sports like Cricket and Rugby.

Decent playground baller

I believe basketball can take over one day although it might be 2-300 years down the line

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
    I believe basketball can take over one day although it might be 2-300 years down the line
    No doubt basketball will be more popular than soccer. But my guess is 20-30 years. Basketball is full of excitement and last minute heroics. And you will never see a basketball game where they just decide that neither team is capable of producing an advantage over one another and just give up and start having a freethrow contest or a game of H-O-R-S-E.

Basketball or football will take over eventually. It just a matter of evolvement. 40 years ago look how many nations had a space program, now look how many have evolved.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
    Eventually the world will see soccer like the US does. Great as a children's sport, but with maturity it just isn't intense or challenging enough for adults.
    How so? *shrug*

Basketball or football will take over eventually. It just a matter of evolvement. 40 years ago look how many nations had a space program, now look how many have evolved.
    WTF? Your comparing apples and oranges here. It's like me saying 3000 years ago people were pagans, but they converted to Christianity; thus, people will convert to Scientalogsists in 3000 years.

BTW, there's a specific name for the inlogical sentence you produced, I think it's Post Hoc Fallacy, but I might be wrong.

No doubt basketball will be more popular than soccer.
    Plenty of doubt, in fact it won't happen.

It might happen down the line, but I'll be dead by then...

Banned

the first poster doesn't make any sense at all...

football is for maturity of adults?

what?

no american football will not overtake football as the best sport in the world.

basketball wont either

Serious playground baller

American football is not an exciting sport there are only like 5 minutes of actual action in a game that lasts 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
    American football is not an exciting sport there are only like 5 minutes of actual action in a game that lasts 3 hours.
    Plus, you have the ridiculous commercial brakes, and it seems to drag at times. I think basketball, when FT's are low, is the most exciting game. Watching a team like Phoenix last year was great, as well as the old Mavs team.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Soccer is king.

Banned

football is only popular in america because it gives fat americans a chance to become a pro at a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by bracer028

no american football will not overtake football as the best sport in the world.

It already is the best, it just hasn't hit you yet.

Well that's 4 more minutes of action than it takes to make soccer's avg game tally of 2.5 goals per game or whatever.
    Last edited by KobeLookLike2Pac; 07-10-2006 at 07:23 PM.