Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Bobcats offered him 28/3. That's 9 mill a year. I heard NOONE saying he was overpaid last year at 10 million so nobody has the right to say he's overpaid at 2 million more.
    False. Even at 8 million I thought he was overpaid. You can insert somewhere around 30-40 rebounders in the league today to do Humphries job who wouldn't do worse.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    False. Even at 8 million I thought he was overpaid. You can insert somewhere around 30-40 PFs in the league today to do Humphries job who wouldn't do worse.
    False. He was 5th in rebounding and averaged 14 Ppg. You can't name me "30-40" power forwards who can match that. Feel free to loom stupid and attempt naming me the supposed list.

False. He was 5th in rebounding and averaged 14 Ppg. You can't name me "30-40" power forwards who can match that. Feel free to loom stupid and attempt naming me the supposed list.
    His rivals for those garbage points and rebounds were Johan Petro and Shelden Williams. Ridiculous.

So Humphries gets 10 rebounds and 13 points playing next to absolute dog shit, while the Nets get outhustled and outscored on the block every single game. There are definitely 40 bigs in the league who would do at least as good when put in Humphries position. Easily.

Future D1 Dad

wow. not sure what to say.

If the money is coming from Russia who cares?

Bobcats offered him 28/3. That's 9 mill a year. I heard NOONE saying he was overpaid last year at 10 million so nobody has the right to say he's overpaid at 2 million more.
    It was a nice signing regardless. Not sure why this bothers you so much. I love Melo, but he's overpaid. I want Lin back but he will be overpaid. Amare is overpaid. Chandler, considering big man contracts, that one is ok. Novak, love him, had to do it, overpaid.

Welcome to the NBA.

So this becomes what, the second highest paid front-court in the league? And you're getting 34/17 with no defense out of it.

Funny offseason.

1. Players get overpaid
    2. Fans of teams that overpaid players say "good deal"

What happened to the fans that just told the truth? Come on.

As far as Kris Kardashian I thought $10mil per was too much (over 4yrs). $12mil per? Ouch. What does the BK Nets payroll look like, they gotta be close to luxary tax.

College star

And hump was 5th in rebounding overall. As a PF.. To go along with his marvelous rebounding he averaged 13 points per game. hump is a much better player then Asik. Hump is a gritty tough player that never backs down. The only thing Asik has on him is moving quicker on his feet.
    Asik, statistically, was the best defender on the best defensive team in the league.

Hump was 5th in rebounding playing for....the Nets. As the only legitimate big in the starting lineup, and really on the team in general.

Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Funny offseason.

1. Players get overpaid

As far as Kris Kardashian I thought $10mil per was too much (over 4yrs). $12mil per? Ouch. What does the BK Nets payroll look like, they gotta be close to luxary tax.
    They are over. I know because next year the Nets cannot receive Howard in a S&T because they are more than $4M over the tax line.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Funny offseason.

1. Players get overpaid

He's overpaid, but I think it's fine. We're trying to become a force for the ECF here. Either you commit to that goal or you're just wasting everyone's time. IF we decided to give him this contract when we were BAD and destined to be BAD, like the previous two seasons, I'd be inflamed. But if we're trying to get to the ECF and he's the best option to help us do that? Go ahead spend the money. Two years will go by and if he's not worth it, he can moved as an expirer the way Rashard was moved this year.

It's more illegitimate when bystanders are arguing that there are 30-40 people who can do what Kris did the last two seasons. There were 10 other teams that had less than 30 wins last year, and only two of them averaged anything close to a double double, the Kings (Cousins) and Pistons (Monroe). Thinking anyone can average a double double on a bad team is laughable and inane.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

He isn't overpaid though. He earned 10 million last season. He is earning a couple million more this season. Overpaid is going from a rookie contract to 10 million a year. (Lin, others) He has earned this money. He played on consecutive one year deals and proved that he can be a double double machine. Joe Johnson is overpaid though. He earned 10 million last year and nobody said he was overpaid. He earned 2 million more and all of a sudden he is the most overpaid player. Even though he finished 5th in rebounding in the NBA. He 27 and will continue to polish other parts of his game and get better.
    at least get your facts straight. lin will make 5 mil next year

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    His rivals for those garbage points and rebounds were Johan Petro and Shelden Williams. Ridiculous.

So Humphries gets 10 rebounds and 13 points playing next to absolute dog shit, while the Nets get outhustled and outscored on the block every single game. There are definitely 40 bigs in the league who would do at least as good when put in Humphries position. Easily.
    Wow your so dumb and uninformed. So averaging a double double is based on your team rather then your skill? Why didn't petro average 8 rebounds when playing alongside sheldan? Geez how naive haters are. He is still due to average around 10 rebounds a game. He's not going to stop rebounding just because he has a good team around him.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    at least get your facts straight. lin will make 5 mil next year
    And the season prior he made 800k. That's a 530% increase in salary from one season to the next. Hump went from 10 million to 12 million. That's a 20% increase. You do the math.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

And the season prior he made 800k. That's a 530% increase in salary from one season to the next. Hump went from 10 million to 12 million. That's a 20% increase. You do the math.
    as usual, its a vc3 is a moron.