Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #16
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: New emphasis on defensive holding/PI

We've reached a point where everyone just assumes there's a flag if the QB doesn't complete the pass.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #17
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

This is the kind of shit that happens when Peyton Manning gets roughed up in a playoff game. The league throws a bitch fit just like it did in 04, and changes the rules to make it easier for him. The Colts were always the biggest beneficiary of phantom calls when Peyton was there. Hey now, don't touch Peyton! Leave his receivers alone! He's always been the golden boy, along with Brady. Not even Lebron and Kobe get as much star treatment as these guys.

This is another case of the NFL completely ****ing over the fans and pretending like we wanted this. "teh fans want high scoring games!". No we ****ing don't. Most NFL fans like defense. People loved watching the Seahawks rough up their opponents last year. The super bowl was evidence that defense still reigns supreme, and most fans loved that. Nobody ever asked for more flags, except maybe a few whiny and entitled Patriot and Colts fans (or Peyton stans I should say). But nope, the league loves bending me over and ****ing me in the ass, all while telling me how much I enjoy it.

Get ready for a constant barrage of flags and slightly above average QB's like Matt Stafford throwing for 3 billion yards this season because defensive backs might as well be cardboard cutouts now.

It was especially ridiculous in tonight's game. RG III, Hoyer, and Johny Football all played like dog shit, yet they were marching up and down the field because of phantom penalties.

And one more thing: I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the Broncos will still get away with all of those pick plays. Such ****ing crap.

Last edited by Heavincent : 08-19-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #18
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

I like low scoring tough gritty defensive games. The NFL thinks I like 40+ point games. It gets old after a while. Does the NFL want every QB to throw for 5000 yards? It's ridiculous. They are ruining the sport. They might as well play flag football. The whole NFL caters to Manning and Brady, it's ridiculous.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
zoom17
Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
This is the kind of shit that happens when Peyton Manning gets roughed up in a playoff game. The league throws a bitch fit just like it did in 04, and changes the rules to make it easier for him. The Colts were always the biggest beneficiary of phantom calls when Peyton was there. Hey now, don't touch Peyton! Leave his receivers alone! He's always been the golden boy, along with Brady. Not even Lebron and Kobe get as much star treatment as these guys.

This is another case of the NFL completely ****ing over the fans and pretending like we wanted this. "teh fans want high scoring games!". No we ****ing don't. Most NFL fans like defense. People loved watching the Seahawks rough up their opponents last year. The super bowl was evidence that defense still reigns supreme, and most fans loved that. Nobody ever asked for more flags, except maybe a few whiny and entitled Patriot and Colts fans (or Peyton stans I should say). But nope, the league loves bending me over and ****ing me in the ass, all while telling me how much I enjoy it.

Get ready for a constant barrage of flags and slightly above average QB's like Matt Stafford throwing for 3 billion yards this season because defensive backs might as well be cardboard cutouts now.

It was especially ridiculous in tonight's game. RG III, Hoyer, and Johny Football all played like dog shit, yet they were marching up and down the field because of phantom penalties.

And one more thing: I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the Broncos will still get away with all of those pick plays. Such ****ing crap.

I agree with you but you're a Jets fan when was the last time that team was competive
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #20
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom17
I agree with you but you're a Jets fan when was the last time that team was competive

4 years ago, when they knocked Peyton and Brady out of the playoffs in back to back weeks
Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #21
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Total penalties are up 43.7 percent from last year through the first two weeks of preseason games, according to the league's figures. There have been 756 penalties so far this preseason, compared to 526 last year through two weeks of preseason games.

Of the 230 additional penalties this year, 134 of them have been attributable to increases in illegal contact and defensive holding calls. There have been 55 illegal contact penalties this preseason, up from eight through two preseason games last year. There have been 107 defensive holding penalties, compared to 20 at this point in the 2013 preseason.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: