Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1502

Thread: Soccer

Default Re: Soccer Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Haaland was a complete non-factor in the CL semis and finals. Heck Man City might have won the treble without him. He still had a great season obviously but...

The historical precedent is that the clear-cut best player on a WC winner wins the Ballon D'Or. I think Messi will win and it won't be close.
    Yeah, they might have won the treble without him, except that they've only done it once in the club's history and that was only when Haaland joined. You have to be one of the most retarded stans this site has ever seen, and that's saying something for ish. If Messi unzipped his pants, you'd like make sure everything was cleaned out in a matter of minutes.

Messi winning is absolute bollocks.

Not only that Mbappe was clearly the better player in the WC. Haaland the better player everywhere else.

Just pure BS narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Yeah, they might have won the treble without him, except that they've only done it once in the club's history and that was only when Haaland joined. You have to be one of the most retarded stans this site has ever seen, and that's saying something for ish. If Messi unzipped his pants, you'd like make sure everything was cleaned out in a matter of minutes.
    Yea and Haaland did absolutely nothing in the SF and Final of the CL. Nothing you post will change that. Nor will the fact that Man City was racking up EPL titles before Haaland got there as well.

I'm not saying he had no impact but not enough to supplant someone who led their country to the WC with one of the best performances we've seen in a long time.

Yea and Haaland did absolutely nothing in the SF and Final of the CL. Nothing you post will change that. Nor will the fact that Man City was racking up EPL titles before Haaland got there as well.

I'm not saying he had no impact but not enough to supplant someone who led their country to the WC with one of the best performances we've seen in a long time.
    They won the year he joined them, that's also a fact. Yes he didn't score or do much but they needed an elite #9 despite Pep being against it to give room to other players. He opened up space for the rest of the team, which is what you need in KO rounds. Either let him kill you or double him so others are more open. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean it didn't make a difference. Bayern played without a #9 like Lewy and in the KO rounds both years it hurt in terms of spacing where our wingers all of the sudden had issues. Kane now joins and all of the sudden, guys like Sane have a resurgence because they immediately have more space. That's why the "false 9" fad is one of the biggest failures in the world of football. Because as much as people across Europe tried to copy Barca's false 9 style, most of the time it made no sense since Messi is one of the best scorers of all time and you can't replace that with a dribbler with weak finishing and expect similar results.

Messi scored 5/6 goals from penalties, stop the bullshit. One of the best performances of all time , the amount of dickriding you do for Messi is honestly legendary. I hope someone loves you as much as you love Messi. But then again I am also talking to the same wall that thinks Messi was the best player in the 2014 WC and deserved best player despite doing **** all and being carried by the defense throughout the entire KO rounds.

People are really arguing a guy who spent half the year playing in a worthless league deserves BD because he was spamming penalties during the WC.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Real football fans know De Bruyne and Rodri were the real MVPs on that City team so if anything they have a better argument for Balon D'or than Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by plowking View Post
    Messi winning is absolute bollocks.

Not only that Mbappe was clearly the better player in the WC. Haaland the better player everywhere else.

Just pure BS narrative.

Ballon Dor has become by far the most farce award of all sports awards.

Its literally 100% narrative and 0% analysis

People are really arguing a guy who spent half the year playing in a worthless league deserves BD because he was spamming penalties during the WC.

Its pure insanity.

Arguing on the basis of a 7-game tournament in which he had 1 nice goal and 1 nice assist.

Pure insanity.

And a tournament in which Mbappe was better in, and better year-round too.

So dankok, you tod us ewandowski was as good as prime Ronado the coupe years at Bayern there...

doing the same things Ronaldo did, which is essentially saying that...

now Kane comes in and does the same things lewandowski did.

Are you gonna catch the hint or is Kane also doing the same things Ronaldo did?

They won the year he joined them, that's also a fact. Yes he didn't score or do much but they needed an elite #9 despite Pep being against it to give room to other players. He opened up space for the rest of the team, which is what you need in KO rounds. Either let him kill you or double him so others are more open. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean it didn't make a difference. Bayern played without a #9 like Lewy and in the KO rounds both years it hurt in terms of spacing where our wingers all of the sudden had issues. Kane now joins and all of the sudden, guys like Sane have a resurgence because they immediately have more space. That's why the "false 9" fad is one of the biggest failures in the world of football. Because as much as people across Europe tried to copy Barca's false 9 style, most of the time it made no sense since Messi is one of the best scorers of all time and you can't replace that with a dribbler with weak finishing and expect similar results.

Messi scored 5/6 goals from penalties, stop the bullshit. One of the best performances of all time , the amount of dickriding you do for Messi is honestly legendary. I hope someone loves you as much as you love Messi. But then again I am also talking to the same wall that thinks Messi was the best player in the 2014 WC and deserved best player despite doing **** all and being carried by the defense throughout the entire KO rounds.

I never said Haaland was bad. He should be #2 in BDO voting and he's an impact player. I simply don't think he was good enough down the stretch of the CL to be in serious contention to beat someone who was the best player at the World Cup. Historically the superstar leader of the WC winner almost always wins the BDO. And Messi scored 4/7 from penalties, not 5/6.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    So dankok, you tod us ewandowski was as good as prime Ronado the coupe years at Bayern there...

doing the same things Ronaldo did, which is essentially saying that...

now Kane comes in and does the same things lewandowski did.

Are you gonna catch the hint or is Kane also doing the same things Ronaldo did?
    Kane's biggest issue has always bean durability not talent. Of course his game can mostly match poacher Ronaldo (i.e. 2016-present). We've seen Lewandowski and Benzema do it and we'll see even more players with great service score a ton when they play in front of goal.

Ironically enough, Ronaldo himself was a better player for Real Madrid from 2010-2012 when he wasn't winning CL than he was as a poacher from 2016-present.

MLS will pull MLS first teams out of the US Open Cup next year.

Kane is killing it, Bayern finally digs deep into their pocket and voila! Never thought an English footballer would make me excited about football again. Lew was good and all but he wasn't exciting and frequently was a non-factor in important CL games. I have high hopes for Kane and the team, OTOH, I secretly wish Leverkusen win the league it would be a healthy change for Bundesliga and a good motivator for Bayern.

RIP "Kaiser" Franz Beckenbauer

The prototype libero. One of the GOATs in soccer. He is one of only nine players to have won the FIFA World Cup, European Champions Cup and Ballon d'Or. He also managed West Germany to win FIFA WC in 1990.

The US Open Cup schedule and teams have been announced.

Only 8 MLS teams are participating. And of course, no Inter Miami.

Ironically enough, Ronaldo himself was a better player for Real Madrid from 2010-2012 when he wasn't winning CL than he was as a poacher from 2016-present.
    Not sure what your argument is, but thats a weird time frame.

Was 2010/2011 Ronado better than 2016/2017 Ronaldo?

No Ronaldo fan would agree with you.

In fact, not even close.

2018? Close.

After that? Yeah. After 2019 anyway. 2019 Ronaldo still had BDOR brilliance and Cl magic. Heck even 2020 Ronaldo nearly bailed them out against lyon. Hes just always done these things. Messi never did.

2012 came down to penalties, he might as we have won that Cl. They were closer that year, you know why? Cause Ronaldo was better.

Kane's biggest issue has always bean durability not talent. Of course his game can mostly match poacher Ronaldo (i.e. 2016-present). We've seen Lewandowski and Benzema do it and we'll see even more players with great service score a ton when they play in front of goal.
    Or maybe, lewandowski never actually was as good as Ronaldo, as you stated, but Bayerns system simply makes these goal tallies possible.

Ever thought about that?