Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 76ers 2015 Draft Scenario

Sixers could potentially have 4 picks in this draft 3 of them in the lottery.
    76ers top 5 pick
    Lakers pick top 5 protected
    Heat pick top 10 protected
    Thunder pick top 18 protected

I know the Lakers and thunder or even the heat pick might not come to us this year but this is just a scenario. If we end up with picks 3,6,12,19 who would you draft?

I would draft D'Angelo Russell/Mudaiy at 3
    Stanley Johnson/Towns at 6
    Oubre/Winslow at 12
    Harrell/Jerian Grant at 19 or trade for future first and 2nd rounder
    Last edited by AI09; 02-22-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Default Re: 76ers 2015 Draft Scenario

D'Angelo Russell at 3
    Stanley Johnson at 6
    Trade 12 & 19 (or maybe Noel + a pick) to move up and grab Willie Caulie Stein if that's what we need to get him

I don't think they'll get the lakers pick.

With their 3 picks I think they'll get either 1 or 2 guys that won't come over next season.

My guess is they get porzingis and Mario, neither of them coming soon and they'll trade their other pick for future 1st. Draft 2 guys for next years team in round 2

Not airballing my layups anymore

Lakers pick will be better next year. We need a point guard now, with the trade of MCW. Russell or Mundiay, unless we get #1.

Quote Originally Posted by tanks1
    unless we get #1.
    Then what? A trade down?

Why not take Russell @1? What do you think a team offers to trade up 2-4 spots into #1?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Then what? A trade down?

Why not take Russell @1? What do you think a team offers to trade up 2-4 spots into #1?
    Why would you take Russell at 1 when Okafor is the consensus top pick? Think

Russell never attacks the rim. Even on a fastbreak, he never goes at the rim to finish with a layup or dunk. He never goes at the guy guarding him.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I know I've talked to GOBB about this before, but I think Towns is the absolute perfect fit for what the 6ers have done so far. Unless they've already scrapped the idea of Embiid being a focul point.

Towns has a chance to be the rarest of rare stretch fours. Range to space around a post player. But still the ability to defend the rim off the ball, or be a factor on the ball. And he can go into the post already, so you can't really guard him smaller. He's a nearly perfect fit next to a post big like Embiid, and he can work with Noel too, who I envision becoming a pace changing big off the bench. If he's there wherever the 6ers pick at the top, even 1, I'd take him in a heartbeat. There's no way he falls outside the top four, and even that I feel I'm being generous.

At that next tier, the 6-8 or so range, I know they need a PG, but there just isn't one there worth taking. I'd also still be interesting in hiding a prospect, and there are two foreigners worth taking in that range. Porzingis may truly belong in that top tier by all accounts. And getting him outside the top 5 may be enough value to disregard any team building issues he creates. But I'm not sure yet. As it stands, he'd be in the way with Embiid, Noel, Saric, and Towns in my scenario. That's a lot of big bodies. Hezonja is super skilled, and a great athlete, but seems to lack game feel, in spite of his passing. Stanley Johnson is in that tier, but if I'm the Sixers I run from anyone who can't shoot. Justice Winslow brings some of what Johnson does physically and some range. Personally I'd choose between him and Hezonja, and would probably go Hezonja and try to stash him for the year.

If it didn't fall where I could get Towns up top, I'd be fine with either Mudiay or Russell, preferably Mudiay at this point, as I'm starting to question Russell's physicality and wondering if he's a little too smooth to be great at the next level. I know he'll be fine because of the shooting and passing and smarts. But if he doesn't have the ball all the time and has to get some by moving through traffic, will he hold up, or will he rely too much on his jumper. Mudiay I know will be physical PG. So I'd go Mudiay and then stash Porzingis for the extra size.

With the 12 and 19ish picks I'd focus more on needs. If I got Towns, I'd be looking at a bunch of clumped together PGs who I like. My favorite of the group is Kris Dunn from Providence. I've seen the kid a ton and he's from my home state, so I may be a bit biased. But he's big, strong, athletic, can finish around the rim, and plays like a real PnR PG, and his shot is sound. I think he'd be a great fit with them. Delon Wright, Tyus Jones, Stash George Lucas the Brazilian Physical Specimen PG, Andrew Harrison, all also have PG chops and might fit, and a lot would depend on taste. I'm afraid Jones might be too small, and could wind up more as a backup, but I feel like his spot up shooting and his pass first pure PG mentality might work really well with this big a group of talented young guys.

And the other guy I like as a fit for them is Devon Booker, because Christ do they need shooting, and I think Booker is the best shooter in this draft. RJ Hunter is not a bad backup plan as a SG who can space, but probably help with the ball more than Booker can.

Oubre might have enough upside to consider in spite of fit if he's there at 12ish. I kind of like him more fit wise than Stanley Johnson anyway.

At this point, this draft is not looking very well....... I like Towns also...

Mudiay is the wild card....but what competition has he faced?
    Stanley Johnson is a classic "tweener" ...we've drafted those before
    Hezonja...?
    Porzingis..?

I hope we can get that Laker pick next year. The Miami pick should be around 12-13.........If Frank Kaminsky is there , i take him.

I agree with Thorp and I would not be mad at taking a stash euro.

At this point, this draft is not looking very well....... I like Towns also...

Mudiay is the wild card....but what competition has he faced?
    Stanley Johnson is a classic "tweener" ...we've drafted those before
    Hezonja...?
    Porzingis..?

I hope we can get that Laker pick next year. The Miami pick should be around 12-13.........If Frank Kaminsky is there , i take him.
    Explain how Johnson is the classic tweener

Yeah, as much as I love D'Angelo Russell the Sixers just can't pass on Towns if they get the chance. He would be a perfect fit for the front line being built and with Embiid's injury history we clearly need some depth. As Chicago is showing, it's never a bad idea to have a stable of bigs.

I'm not sure what I would do other than Towns tho. I haven't seen enough Mudiay to make a call between him and Russell. I really like Stanley Johnson but he isn't much of a shooter. Can't really comment on Hezonja and I selfishly don't want a Euro stash because I'm an instant gratification type of guy. Oubre screams unfulfilled potential to me for whatever reason. I would love to see Booker because of his shooting but I'm not sure how things will line-up on draft day.

There are a host of solid PGs to take but I'm not sure I like a single one enough to distinguish any of them. The only one I clearly don't want is Andrew Harrison.

The problem seems to be that the draft has a lot of front court talent and depth but there is only so much of that we can build up. I have a random obsession with WCS because of his defensive versatility but Noel has been so damn good down the stretch that I can't really see room for him. Outside of D'Angelo and Mudiay, every perimeter player in the draft has some obvious weaknesses that make me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I agree with Thorp and I would not be mad at taking a stash euro.

Explain how Johnson is the classic tweener

If he is 6' 7" its with sneakers on.

If he is 6' 7" its with sneakers on.
    He's not a PF so what does it matter? He's a SF, could possibly play SG.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He's not a PF so what does it matter? He's a SF, could possibly play SG.
    Can we stop the stanley johnson stuff now? Sam Dekker just had him for lunch.

Can we stop the stanley johnson stuff now? Sam Dekker just had him for lunch.
    Huh? What stanley johnson stuff. Can you admit you are wrong calling him a tweener