Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #46
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Nuggets crawling back to Nets? Obviously

I think the difference between drafts now and the drafts in the past are that in previous years until the last 3 we had been drafting around our team not picking the best players but picking who we thought would mold into our team the best and around Kidd, Carter, RJ..Now we just want the best talent for our team because all positions other then C can be upgraded.

But some of these picks I would trade for example the Lakers, unless Kyle Singler falls to that pick I would trade it for something. The Rockets pick could be traded but first we need to wait and see what happens with the lock out. If there is one a lot of the college players will stay and if Rockets can make it to the playoffs and we get a 15-18th pick it will be good because it will be the best of both drafts. ( Not really positive on how this actually works, but I think that is right). The warriors pick is decent because its not lottery protected but top 7, there are still some decent players on the board at pick 8-14...Lopez was a 10th pick.

So as much as I would love to have a superstar on the team, I just believe we are rushing into this too fast and wanting to give up to much, I dont think this is the trade that is going to completely turn the Nets around like the Kidd trade did back in 01
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #47
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Irving will be sick to get. If we don't get Melo lets tank for Austin Rivers next season. Kid is serious.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #48
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Rivers is serious, that kid can straight ball and with Doc as his father its no wonder. But I dont want to tank lol maybe we can have the Bulls luck and go from 9th to 1st with the lottery.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #49
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
Rivers is serious, that kid can straight ball and with Doc as his father its no wonder. But I dont want to tank lol maybe we can have the Bulls luck and go from 9th to 1st with the lottery.
If we have an awful record by the half like we have now, and theres no chance to get in the playoffs I will tank for him. We need a scorer other than Lopez. Im sure Austin will be a Superstar. But then again last year we had worst rec. and we got 3rd pick
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #50
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Does anyone know what the point in trading Troy Murphy to GS accomplishes for us? Other then he may get to be bought out or traded again to another team? Because we are trading troy plus a second round pick for two expirers. Wright has potential but hes also a PF...That would take minutes from Favors or Humphries which I cannot see happening. This means were trading for more bench warmers who will leave after the season. But the GS is talking about trading Murphy again for another pick? Who would they be trading Murphy to and why wouldnt we just trade him for a pick or is there mroe to that deal that I dont know of.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #51
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Does anyone know what the point in trading Troy Murphy to GS accomplishes for us? Other then he may get to be bought out or traded again to another team? Because we are trading troy plus a second round pick for two expirers. Wright has potential but hes also a PF...That would take minutes from Favors or Humphries which I cannot see happening. This means were trading for more bench warmers who will leave after the season. But the GS is talking about trading Murphy again for another pick? Who would they be trading Murphy to and why wouldnt we just trade him for a pick or is there mroe to that deal that I dont know of.
I don't like the trade IMO.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #52
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Thats how I feel the only thing I can think about is that it is for Troy so he can go somewhere else. But why would we give up a second round pick for people we are just going to let go after this season? It doesnt seem worth it and Im sure for Troy Murphy even though he hasnt played this year or played well in the limited minutes he got we can get a lot better of a trade then that. There has to be a second round pick or first or some type of player we can get that has potential or at least something. We gave up potential for this guy and his expiring contract, we should be able to get potential or pick in return for him.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #53
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Thats how I feel the only thing I can think about is that it is for Troy so he can go somewhere else. But why would we give up a second round pick for people we are just going to let go after this season? It doesnt seem worth it and Im sure for Troy Murphy even though he hasnt played this year or played well in the limited minutes he got we can get a lot better of a trade then that. There has to be a second round pick or first or some type of player we can get that has potential or at least something. We gave up potential for this guy and his expiring contract, we should be able to get potential or pick in return for him.
I didnt even think about that. Yeah.. wtf?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:15 AM   #54
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Fair enough.

Brook Lopez is an underrated asset. He may not be the best rebounder but he is one of the better scoring Centers as a 1st option. It should be easier for him(pressure wise) when the Nets recieve the best scorer in basketball.

That's what free agency is for. It's not like they are all lotto picks.

I doubt it brings the knicks to the finals. They would definitely be in bad shape with the lack of depth and the fact that Chauncey(the floor general) would have to get used to a fast pace after being successful in a halfcourt offense. I'm sure Melo and Lopez can attract role players too. I don't see why not. The Nets have planty of role players anyway.

I understand and that is very good point. Melo is still young however. The Nets will not trade for him without a contract extension. The Nets have the room to sign a big FA in 2012 just like the Knicks can. It's no differen't. The knicks are giving up how many players/ assets? They aren't exactly in very good shape after the deal goes down either. Both will not have a chance to win it this season anyway. IMHO

Well now that Melo is a Knick and there was alot of movement in players between both teams the Knicks, according to ESPN analysts, have not only made their team much better but they will now attract alot of talent to the team ala Deron Williams, Chris Paul, and even Dwight Howard. Role players, according to every expert, can be replaced. Superstars cannot. The Depth you wrote about will be filled in even more by 2012. Let's hope that Brooklyn can make a good team so that New York benefits from both teams doing well.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #55
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Well now that Melo is a Knick and there was alot of movement in players between both teams the Knicks, according to ESPN analysts, have not only made their team much better but they will now attract alot of talent to the team ala Deron Williams, Chris Paul, and even Dwight Howard. Role players, according to every expert, can be replaced. Superstars cannot. The Depth you wrote about will be filled in even more by 2012. Let's hope that Brooklyn can make a good team so that New York benefits from both teams doing well.
Wont they be capped out btw?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #56
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Wont they be capped out btw?

No. They won't.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #57
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
No. They won't.
I did not mean capped out, don't think they will have a lot of money to sign players.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #58
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
I did not mean capped out, don't think they will have a lot of money to sign players.

They do have some cap space. And they will have even more cap space when Billups contract expires right around the time CP3 or D-Williams become free-agents.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: