Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: The 5 Best Mix Masters Of You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    For the dudes who are on the list... is there anyone you think is missing? I want to try and make it as complete as possible and you seem to have a community of people who do this. Da, I'm interested in what you think of that New Decade mix by Coose. I said I thought it was comparable to some of your stuff (while being totally different) and someone bit my head off. I don't get the feel that you guys are in competition as much as you appreciate eachother's work. I'm a musician and that's how it works for guitar players.

I dunno, I don't think you guys are getting enough credit for what you do which is why I made the list. Every bit of promotion helps. So peeps, go to their channels and subscribe and watch everything.
    I think mixtapes (obviously) are pieces of art. As such, there's going to be different people with different expectations in terms of what they're looking to get out of a particular mix.

In the case of Coose, there's no denying he is an excellent mix editor. Everything is well put together and coming from someone with no editing knowledge, his technical skills appear sound. However, for my own personal regard, his New Decade video feels a little too much like an ESPN Ultimate Highlight. That's a compliment in that his videos appear professionally completed.

However, a lot of the technical details tend to take a backseat when I'm looking for in an awesome mix. The Art of War just seems. . .organic. All I want to see is awesome plays, and I want to see them and process them and watch them unfold; The Art of War delivers in this regard. Whatever others want to say, this video works for me in a huge fashion. It makes basketball look like the most epic activity of all-time.

I'm just more or less a sucker for seeing the actual play unfold. For instance, I hate when TV crews cut to a baseline angle as Vince Carter slips into the open floor on a fastbreak. I want to see his dunk from the default broadcast camera so I can process it best.

Moral: It's all about the content for me, not how the content is packaged. Clearly, many folks very much enjoy both types of mixes, I'm just very keen on the artists who keep a player's actual plays as the primary focus, not the players themselves.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re: The 5 Best Mix Masters Of You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89tx_BTKwwY

Kobe Bryant - The Last Chapter