Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Cavaliers vs. Bulls Game 4: LeBron James highlights - 37 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assi

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    LeBron is a better play now but was more fun to watch back then. Imagine current LeBron and his skillset with cavs lebrons athleticism. He would just completely destroy and dominate teams even more.
    this is a myth bro

Default Re: Cavaliers vs. Bulls Game 4: LeBron James highlights - 37 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assi

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    this is a myth bro
    I disagree, I just think right now he is the most polished offensively he has ever been, can still play great D and is a better decision maker on the court. He has expanded his game and is a threat in the post, off the ball and ofcourse in the paint. I just think he's a more mature and experienced player then before.

Lebron the last 3 years is better than any cavs LeBron imo (id say his best is probably 2012, since that was his best playoff run)

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    I disagree, I just think right now he is the most polished offensively he has ever been, can still play great D and is a better decision maker on the court. He has expanded his game and is a threat in the post, off the ball and ofcourse in the paint. I just think he's a more mature and experienced player then before.

Lebron the last 3 years is better than any cavs LeBron imo (id say his best is probably 2012, since that was his best playoff run)
    This ^^.

trust me it's a myth. anything he may have gained is offset by the slight loss of explosiveness. all that weight gain slows down acceleration

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

He's definitely better. I don't even think he's lost his spring, he's just tired.

Think about it, he's been playing the most minutes on the team on 3 straight trips to the finals, every team plays them like a G7 in the reg. season, and he cops a lot of contact when he drives.

His post game is much better now, his 3 is getting better, and his fades - however ugly they may be - are pretty wet ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by hahaitme
    He's definitely better. I don't even think he's lost his spring, he's just tired.

Think about it, he's been playing the most minutes on the team on 3 straight trips to the finals, every team plays them like a G7 in the reg. season, and he cops a lot of contact when he drives.

His post game is much better now, his 3 is getting better, and his fades - however ugly they may be - are pretty wet ATM.
    He's not better from where he was in 2009 and 2010. That was the peak. He has been able to maintain it and his game is definitely different in many ways now but even still it would be false to say that he flat out improved.

Banned

LeBron is way better now.
    a bit less explosive but just as athletic, even stronger and better in everything els

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    LeBron is way better now.
    a bit less explosive but just as athletic, even stronger and better in everything els
    you have no clue. he is the basically the same level

I dont think he's changed much from 2009.. well he's changed game style wise, but in effectiveness/results? Even 2011 could have been like the great years before or after, but it was a matter of having trouble adapting to the new situation, and the chokejob killed it.

Id probably rank LeBron like this:

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Lebron is clearly better now.

2011 was a defining year for him. He matured a lot from that finals series.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Lebron is clearly better now.

2011 was a defining year for him. He matured a lot from that finals series.
    2009&2010 LeBron was insane Id easily take 2009 > 2013 LeBron.. 2010 prolly too.

Now we could say "Well give 2013 LeBron a weak team and he'd dominate even more than the previous versions", but im just not sure about that..

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    2009&2010 LeBron was insane Id easily take 2009 > 2013 LeBron.. 2010 prolly too.

Now we could say "Well give 2013 LeBron a weak team and he'd dominate even more than the previous versions", but im just not sure about that..

stats are one thing, but lebron wasn't mentally ready to take his team to the promised land back then.

I'd rather have mature refined lebron than crazy-stats lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I dont think he's changed much from 2009.. well he's changed game style wise, but in effectiveness/results? Even 2011 could have been like the great years before or after, but it was a matter of having trouble adapting to the new situation, and the chokejob killed it.

Id probably rank LeBron like this:
    pretty accurate IMO

Banned

LeBron hasnt hit his peak yet.
    he will hit his peak the next 2 years after he recovers this summer not playing much ball and only working on jumper, hook shot and post moves.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    stats are one thing, but lebron wasn't mentally ready to take his team to the promised land back then.

I'd rather have mature refined lebron than crazy-stats lebron.
    if he had a better team he wouldve won in 2009 and 2010 as well