Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: James Harden to Houston = Worst trade in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    you think harden gets free reign to be the player he is for houston right now, on the thunder?

not a chance. he would still be a very good player, but 46 pts? not happening if he was on okc
    but at the same time Harden is MILES better than Martin

Let's not forget OKC could have Chandler instead of Perkins

Frog, Harden, KD, Ibaka, Chandler

Are u kidding me?

The only reason Harden is putting up these numbers is because he has free reign to do so. He could do this in OKC, but then that's gonna take away shots from Durant. I would include Westbrook, but shit nothing's taking his shots away lol.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    The only reason Harden is putting up these numbers is because he has free reign to do so. He could do this in OKC, but then that's gonna take away shots from Durant. I would include Westbrook, but shit nothing's taking his shots away lol.
    Why are all these ISH posters so focused on PPG? OKC doesn't need his 26 PPG, but they need his ABILITY. His ability to handle the ball, rebounding, creating for himself and others, Running the offense, getting to the line, exploiting the second unit, and creating space for his teammates at the end of games while exploiting teams that over pursues Durant and Westbrook. All of that and his efficiency were off the charts. It's obvious that the guy bring much more to the table than just his ppg.

who didn't see this coming? it was just arrogant and shortsighted.

has was possible the most efficient player in the NBA on OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by supe12sta12z
    Why are all these ISH posters so focused on PPG? OKC doesn't need his 26 PPG, but they need his ABILITY. His ability to handle the ball, rebounding, creating for himself and others, Running the offense, getting to the line, exploiting the second unit, and creating space for his teammates at the end of games while exploiting teams that over pursues Durant and Westbrook. All of that and his efficiency were off the charts. It's obvious that the guy bring much more to the table than just his ppg.
    His assists per game haven't just like jumped through the roof I don't think. I haven't really checked. More rebounds I'm guessing. Still effecient as hell. When the trade happened, I said Martin would give them the same number of PPG that Harden did. I expected Eric Maynor would be the PG on their second unit. He was good the season before last. Good as in a solid back up PG. The only time I figured they would miss him are the times when they needed him on the floor with Durant and Westbrook and running the offense. Maynor and Martin rolled into one. I haven't paid attention to OKC since Harden is here now, but how has Maynor played so far this season?

james harden trade is FAR from worst trade. OKC was forced to do it for money reasons, and they still got a nice package of assets back.

To me, DWIGHT HOWARD has to be one of the worst trades in history. Orlando got back basically nothing for a Top 3 talent (top 3 at the time). Pathetic. Real pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    who didn't see this coming? it was just arrogant and shortsighted.

has was possible the most efficient player in the NBA on OKC.

Haters didn't see it I'm guessing. I had to argue a ton of my buddies down when we traded for him and then signed him to the max. One of my closest friends is a basketball coach and he said Harden would be another Trevor Ariza lol. I asked him if he had ever actually watched Harden play. Of course, he brought up the shut down in the finals. My thing with that is he wasn't on the floor with Durant and Westbrook right? He was out there with the second unit and the defense keyed in on him and sent doubles and all that to get the ball out of his hands. What was he supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    His assists per game haven't just like jumped through the roof I don't think. I haven't really checked. More rebounds I'm guessing. Still effecient as hell. When the trade happened, I said Martin would give them the same number of PPG that Harden did. I expected Eric Maynor would be the PG on their second unit. He was good the season before last. Good as in a solid back up PG. The only time I figured they would miss him are the times when they needed him on the floor with Durant and Westbrook and running the offense. Maynor and Martin rolled into one. I haven't paid attention to OKC since Harden is here now, but how has Maynor played so far this season?
    He does a great job sitting on the bench.

He does a great job sitting on the bench.
    Damn!!!!! For real? He doesn't look right because of the injury you think or did he lose his skill? So the Jackson cat is the back up PG now? Hell I thought it was the other way around lol.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

[QUOTE=2010splash]Name me once in NBA history a team with dynasty potential WILLINGLY pissed away an opportunity to develop a homegrown super-trio just to avoid ponying up the real dough that is required of all championship teams.

Heck, name me one time a team drafted three top 10 players and made the Finals with all of them under 23 years old.

A joke and third-rate organization OKC is. They ruined something that could have been very special. Instead they have glass knees Kevin Martin in his 30

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Easily. He's Urkel, without the brains. The Ninja Turtles 5th, retarded brother they kept locked away from society.

Harden was the one pushing OKC in big games. Has less weakness than Durant, was their best playmaker, possibly their smartest player last year ... and ultimately the dimension that made them SO dangerous.

Houston traded a ton of pieces for him, but they got a steal. He might end up being the best player of the three before all is said and done. That sounds blasphemous given Durant's play. But the Houston situation is IDEAL for him to add and build a resume / legacy.

He doesn't have a second option as dangerous as UrkelBrook.
    Don't necessarily agree on that point. But everything else is spot on.

And yes I felt like OKC threw away a potential dynasty by dumping Harden just to save a few bucks. Jerry Buss was willing to spend in order for the Lakers to win. And Hopefully Presti can be like that too. You can't win while being a cheapskate. OKC fans should be furious.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Keeping Harden/Westbrook/Durant was silly and Presti knew it. The only thing you could maybe fault him for is keeping Westbrook over Harden.

Not because Harden is better. I actually think Westbrook is the better player, but the fact that Westbrook's trade value was so much higher so they could have gotten a lot more back probably.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Keeping Harden/Westbrook/Durant was silly and Presti knew it. The only thing you could maybe fault him for is keeping Westbrook over Harden.

Not because Harden is better. I actually think Westbrook is the better player, but the fact that Westbrook's trade value was so much higher so they could have gotten a lot more back probably.
    How was it silly? It was very possible scenario and Harden had no problems giving OKC a discount to stay. They could have easily kept the core together for another 3-4 years.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

How was it silly? It was very possible scenario and Harden had no problems giving OKC a discount to stay. They could have easily kept the core together for another 3-4 years.
    To keep Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka/Harden together is very unlikely just on the money alone. So that is the first problem.

The next problem is having 4 guys like that. It is the law of diminishing returns. Not to mention the progress of the players would be somewhat stunted at times and I don't love (and neither did Presti) the lineup that creates.

The move cut costs and still gives them a chance to win the title immediately with more flexibility in the long run.

I mean are people just ignoring that Martin is giving the Thunder 15ppg on 45/43/90 efficiency? And he doesn't need the ball as much as Harden did. I'd say the trade worked out really well for both teams.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 02-21-2013 at 12:02 PM.