Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #1831
Im Still Ballin
well well well

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Anything's dangerous if you do it wrong

Squatting just takes great attention to detail in regards to set-up, routine and technique

You got more chance at tearing a quad playing soccer than lifting weights in the gym

I do mobility stuff every day and before squatting because frankly it's needed when you're squatting 3 times a week with heavy loads... If you're trying to reach depths that you aren't mobile enough to reach you'll strain that lowback for sure...

mobility + good technique + 13 inch belt + good setup/routine + power rack with safety pins = safe squatting even with 2x bodyweight loads
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:03 AM   #1832
jongib369
College superstar

What do you guys think of 1 rep Max calculators?
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #1833
alenleomessi
L

holly shit
i always intake some sugar alongside my oatmeal before i workout.. but i didnt have shit today at home and felt completely powerless in the gym, almost passed out

sugar #1
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #1834
4 Inches
Banned

Has anyone ever used cocaine as a pre-workout ?
In theory it should be very effective shouldn't it ?
4 Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #1835
jongib369
College superstar

3x5 deadlift with 250 yesterday. Ripped a callous, but dat progress.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:31 PM   #1836
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
finally hit a PR of 630 on deadlift.
Damn bruh how much do you weigh/how tall

Last edited by jongib369 : 04-17-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:36 PM   #1837
jongib369
College superstar

https://youtu.be/f08xeiI8f5k

This guy gave me a few tips yesterday. And another shat himself at my progress, felt great. Probably the reason I was able to do 2 extra sets with it
Old 04-19-2015, 10:55 PM   #1838
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i dont squat and i dont plan on doing so in the near future after watching this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQtqR2yp0HY
jesus f*cking christ

Did you give up ever playing basketball again the day you saw the Paul George video?
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #1839
dkmwise
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
3x5 deadlift with 250 yesterday. Ripped a callous, but dat progress.

That's awesome bro. Actually just today I did 3x4 deadlift with 240 and was pumped
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:42 PM   #1840
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Cutting really is a bitch when it comes to affecting your bench. Usually could hit 205 for sets of 5 easy but now it's literally an all out 5 rep max for me. Guess being down 13 pounds does that to you.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:07 AM   #1841
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Cutting really is a bitch when it comes to affecting your bench. Usually could hit 205 for sets of 5 easy but now it's literally an all out 5 rep max for me. Guess being down 13 pounds does that to you.
How much do you weigh/ what's the reason for cutting?

But don't feel bad about it, you're still stronger than most people out there lol. You'll get it back up there eventually at that weight

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html
Old 04-20-2015, 12:17 AM   #1843
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
That's awesome bro. Actually just today I did 3x4 deadlift with 240 and was pumped
Thanks! And that's awesome man good for you. I've honestly fallen in love with the lift...Can't imagine what I could do fresh because this was maybe 20 minutes or so after a 5x5 squat. When I uploaded the video of me deadlifting 225 after a 5x5 squat a few weeks ago, I could hardly finish a 1x5...I seriously don't get it, but I'm not complaining

I've been doing it for 6 months technically, but there was an off month and some lazy weeks so its more like 4-5.

Sometimes I let shit distract me, but lately? Been busting my ass, working out with a controlled rage...And it works wonderdully. You'd think the bar killed my mother if you saw me lift

Been hovering at 180 which is nice too, because in two years I'd like to go to a meet for the deadlift. I'm hoping to pull 600 oneday, but I've got smaller goals for myself until then. Who knows if I'll do it, but I'll try for damn sure
Old 04-20-2015, 12:41 AM   #1844
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Interesting chart. I've learned that all people aren't created equally in terms of leverage/limb ratios, natural muscle mass/body fat, muscle composition (high twitch vs slow-twitch fibers) etc so I never really pay attention to charts. Is that a one-max-rep thing by the way?

You're definitely right about taking it with a grain of salt. What you see is just the averages from the data collected. At the end of the day, everyone is different. For example before I started lifting, I was a lazy stoner with chicken legs.But after about 5 months of hard work? At 180 I'm supposedly close to, or am Intermediate for the deadlift...Which is "An individual who has trained regularly for up to a couple years."

So it's not something to obsess over, but it's still nice to compare...it's made me feel good at least

"The performance standards are adult standards for a single maximal repetition (1RM) based on competitive weightlifter and powerlifting classification systems in use from the 1950's to present."

"Tables for the basic barbell exercises are based on nearly 70 years of accumulated performance data and are not predicted or regression derived. These performance standards should not to be confused with strength norms."

Strength Standards
Strength StandardsIn the Weightlifting Standards Tables, What formulas are used to calculate the different weights for each level for each exercise according to body weight

Dr Lon Kilgore created the Strength Stardard tables. They are not based on formulas. He explains:

Calculators and standards in the past have been very far off as they were derived from very wrong and limited subject pools. Performance standards are by nature a crude estimate of what we think someone should be capable of in a certain task under certain conditions. What is presented here are adult standards (>18 years old) based on competitive weightlifting and powerlifting (unaided) classification systems in use from the 1950's to the present. They are not predicted or regression derived.
Here are books with normative strength data for various strength tests:

Norms for Fitness, Performance, and Health
Physiological Tests for Elite Athletes
Physiological Assessment of Human Fitness

Standards are based on lifts with no assistive training gear (belt is acceptable) as described in each lift's official international competitive and/or as shown via link to exercise.

Training levels used in performance standards are as follows:

Untrained
An individual who has not trained on the exercises before, but can perform them correctly.

Novice
An individual who has trained regularly for up to several months.

Intermediate
An individual who has trained regularly for up to a couple years.

Advanced
An individual who has trained multiple years.

Elite
An athlete competing in strength sports. Keep in mind, the standards shown in the tables do not represent the highest level of strength performance possible.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:54 AM   #1845
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR

I notice that a little when I drop weight, but not a lot, I don't know the lbs conversion but I dropped 20kg's weight wise and lost about 10kg's off my bench press, I bench anywhere from 130kg's to 140 depending on reps, I max out at 6 with 140 and about 8 or so with 130, dropping 20kg's I went down to 120 - 130 benching
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: