Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cali Love

Default Re: World Cup - Quarterfinals: Argentina vs Belgium (July 5th, 12pm est)

Belgium is overrated...Argentina takes this 2-0

Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Default Re: World Cup - Quarterfinals: Argentina vs Belgium (July 5th, 12pm est)

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Belgium is overrated...Argentina takes this 2-0
    Belgium is underrated, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbullets
    Bit annoying how every football topic turns into a USA vs England war.

Well, screw it. Argentina hasn't been impressive and Courtois is known as the Messi stopper in the Primera Division.

Having said that, I'm afraid this team is just a sleeping giant that'll wake up and show it's true worth. I hope I'm wrong though, and I hope we can keep up our great play.

Btw, our defense isn't slow, it's freaking elite. It's the offense that needs work.
    I think you'll be fine, provided you manage to cover Messi well (one man on him, plus two extra men helping out positionally every time he gets the ball around the corner of the box) and keep Di Maria in check (that's not so easy).
    The advantage you guys have is the fact Sabella sucks and he doesn't know wft he's doing.

Toby alderweiled is the worst belgium player by far and nearly cost belgium the game , he caused the wondowloswki chance aswell as greens goal

Cali Love

Belgium is underrated, if anything.
    not really

if you look back at the past 4 games the belgiums have been playing average football against inferior teams...de bruyne, fellaini,etc all overrated players origi is fantastic tho lukaku is a hit-or-miss. And Argentina is gonna feast on your weak fullbacks.

this is where the road ends for the belgians just like in '86 feel free to bump later

Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    not really

if you look back at the past 4 games the belgiums have been playing average football against inferior teams...de bruyne, fellaini,etc all overrated players origi is fantastic tho lukaku is a hit-or-miss. And Argentina is gonna feast on your weak fullbacks.

this is where the road ends for the belgians just like in '86 feel free to bump later
    Uhm, first of all: in 86 we reached the semis.

Second: De Bruyne is arguably our most important piece, who was decisive in pretty much all of our goals, and we've won every match up until now. How the hell is he overrated?

Oh well, believe what you want. I think we have a good shot at Argentina. And if we lose, well, so be it. Our team is young as hell. Bright future ahead, son.

Shouldn't be a shocker if Argentina manages to screw this one up.

Neither team seems to be playing up to potential. Even without Aguero Argentina just need the pieces to fit to be a world beater; though not much can be done about their defense. Similarly Belgium also has fantastic individuals. However their lack of finishing vs the US was a bit disconcerting. If Lukaku and Origi can enter this next match feeling confident and hitting on all cylinders' Belgium gets scary.

Uhm, first of all: in 86 we reached the semis.

Second: De Bruyne is arguably our most important piece, who was decisive in pretty much all of our goals, and we've won every match up until now. How the hell is he overrated?

Oh well, believe what you want. I think we have a good shot at Argentina. And if we lose, well, so be it. Our team is young as hell. Bright future ahead, son.
    I REALLY like what De Bruyne brings to the table and quite frankly was unimpressed with Jose's decision to loan him out (although I understood they had a cluster of mid bodies signed).

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    FIFA will make sure Messi winning the . Argentina wins 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    FIFA will make sure Messi winning the World Cup. Argentina wins 2-1.
    like they made him win the balon d'or and CL?

Bump

Put 10 dollars on Belgium, will get 30 back if I win. Let's go Belgium!

50 euros on argentina double win ( to win both halves) @ 7.50
    to win 375

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    Good point. Messi's record against English teams is not that great. I reckon we would beat this Argentina team.

yeah english teams like manchester city with 2 english players