Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Is that supposed to be impressive Euroleague? Any good professional basketball player should eaily be able to score that against a college team. And MJ (college MJ no less) didn't even guard him that much.

He's just another Euroleague scrub, and a surefire 7-8th man on hte benc for any NBA team.

Default Re: Mark Cuban Said To Be Interested In Buying Euroleague Champions Panathinaikos Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Where does it say it was ON Michael Jordan.

http://www.webcitation.org/query?url...10-25+23:43:00

Meeting Michael Jordan

The year 1982, is remembered by Greek basketball fans as the year when two legends of the game met in the same arena. Greece faced the UNC Tar Heels (North Carolina College) of Michael Jordan, in Sporting's arena.

25 year old Galis, played just according to his standards, but that was more than enough for young Jordan (who dunked flying over the head of a Greek player in that game) to say about him: "I think he's superb, he's a complete basketball player". During the game MJ teased Galis saying: "You're bad", as Nick confessed later.

Galis and Jordan met again playing in an exhibition game for the "DIMITRIA" festival. Galis scored 50 points this time and Michael Jordan, totally stunned, said: "I really did not expect to find such a good offensive player in Europe, especially in your country"!
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-16-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Why would Cuban buy a euro team when he owns the WORLD champion Dallas Mavs? You dont go from filet mignon to salisbury steaks. Cuban is about as interested as "John" Scheyer was in signing with the Maccabi Little Hats. Speaking of Scheyer how does he look for them anyway No Links Yo?

I cant even pronounce the PandorasBox Athens. Waste of money buying that team.

If Dirk wanted to play for a rec league he could stay in America. Atleast he'll get better competition from guys who f*cking DEFEND and play PHYSICAL. If Cuban wants to waste money on a team that won a recreational league title? Go buy an Arena football team. Dirk is not playing with them scrubs. Why would Dirk play with the Panorama Athiests anyway? He just defeated the Miami Heat. He's going to sit in America and have sex, get drunk and smoke.

Much better than playing with a bunch of guys who all look like f*cking brothers.
    The Mavs are not the world champions you moronic buffoon. They are the champions of USA/Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You are an idiot. Minus $24 million profits for the year is far better than most NBA teams, including the Mavs.
    Considering the size of their operation it's waaay worse than any NBA team.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Where does it say it was ON Michael Jordan.

Jordan was defending him though, and he did score 50. I was looking for a vid the other day, couldn't find one unfortunately but if someone has one we could give something interesting to this garbage thread.

Root Of All Evil

Galis and Jordan met again playing in an exhibition game for the "DIMITRIA" festival. Galis scored 50 points this time and Michael Jordan, totally stunned, said: "I really did not expect to find such a good offensive player in Europe, especially in your country"![/I]
    Once again ... where did it say 50 was scored ON Michael Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    Is that supposed to be impressive Euroleague? Any good professional basketball player should eaily be able to score that against a college team. And MJ (college MJ no less) didn't even guard him that much.

He's just another Euroleague scrub, and a surefire 7-8th man on hte benc for any NBA team.
    MJ guarded him in that game.

That "any college team" consisted of these NBA players,

Players on that UNC team that played in the NBA included:

Michael Jordan

Kenny Smith
    Joe Wolf
    Sam Perkins
    Brad Daugherty
    Dave Popson

You are right, "any pro" can "easily score 50 against that team". You obviously have zero basketball knowledge.

Good High School Starter

http://www.ahistoryofgreece.com/newdemocracy.htm

In the late seventies and early eighties several Greek coaches began to study their American counterparts like University of North Carolina's Dean Smith and Duke's Mike Krzyzewski, attending seminars in the USA and inviting the coaches to Greece. The Greek National Team toured the USA playing the Tarheels, and the Tarheels with Michael Jordan and Sam Perkins visited Athens to win a tournament there. But the key to Greece's success was ex-Seton Hall Greek-American guard Nikos Galis, an unstoppable scorer in college who continued his amazing play in the Greek basketball league. Galis, considered Greece's Michael Jordan, burned the UNC Tarheels for 50 points in an exhibition game in Chapel Hill.
    The year 1982, is remembered by greek basketball fans as the year when two legends of the game met in the same arena.
    Greece faced the UNC Tar Heels (North Carolina State College) of Michael Jordan, in Sporting's arena.

25 year old Galis, played just according to his standards, but that was more than enough for young Jordan (who dunked flying over the head of a greek player in that game) to say about him: "I think he's superb, he's a complete basketball player". During the game MJ teased Galis saying: "You're bad", as Nick confessed later.

Galis and Jordan met again playing in an exibition game for the "DIMITRIA" festival. Galis scored 50 points this time and Michael Jordan, totally stunned, said: "I really did not expect to find such a good offensive player in Europe, especially in your country"!
    are you talking about this game? on wiki, it does say jordan guarded him that game but still that was a young ass jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Considering the size of their operation it's waaay worse than any NBA team.
    It's way better than many NBA teams, which lose much more than that, including the team Cuban owns.

Once again ... where did it say 50 was scored ON Michael Jordan?
    Are you mentally challenged? Galis and Jordan played both against each other. They were both shooting guards idiot.

The Mavs are not the world champions you moronic buffoon. They are the champions of USA/Canada..
    They are the world champions.

NBA = elite talent, worldwide players flock here to be apart of the best basketball league on planet Earth.

Dallas Mavs won the title and thier best player is Dirk. He's german yo. He didnt stay home and play for some crappy team you cant pronounce. He came to America and played YEARS here. America homeboy, home of the BRAVE. Not home of the FLOPPERS. Get out of here.

Root Of All Evil

Are you mentally challenged? Galis and Jordan played both against each other. They were both shooting guards idiot.
    I am mentally challenged thank you very much ...

Any videos of this game?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    They are the world champions.

NBA = elite talent, worldwide players flock here to be apart of the best basketball league on planet Earth.

Dallas Mavs won the title and thier best player is Dirk. He's german yo. He didnt stay home and play for some crappy team you cant pronounce. He came to America and played YEARS here. America homeboy, home of the BRAVE. Not home of the FLOPPERS. Get out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    are you talking about this game? on wiki, it does say jordan guarded him that game but still that was a young ass jordan.
    Yes, Galis was 26 and Jordan was 20 at the time in 1983. In the game in 1982, when Galis was 25 and Jordan was 19 (after he had won the national championship already).............

in that first game in Greece, Galis scored 35. But he got 50 in the next game in North Carolina.

Yes, Galis was 26 and Jordan was 20 at the time in 1983. In the game in 1982, when Galis was 25 and Jordan was 19 (after he had won the national championship already).............

in that first game in Greece, Galis scored 35. But he got 50 in the next game in North Carolina.
    WHO ****ING CARES. Your thread is about Mark Cuban buying a euroleague team which he is not. You made it up. It's total bullshit. He's not buying the team, Dirk is not playing there, so stop ****ing posting about it.

Why is this allowed to stay on the board? It's like fan fiction.