soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Uploaded some tracks

I know there's only a few posters here that like my beats, but still wanted to let ya'll know.

https://soundcloud.com/agua-1

I've tried to tweak my style a bit.

These beats aren't the same kind of beats you'll hear from most producers. They are in a way, sort of abstract/experimental to a slight degree, with a bit of 'boom bap'. I can make the more commercially popular beats, but I just do me.

Feel free to browse, there's something for almost everybody.

Banned

Default Re: Uploaded some tracks

nice 90's shit

i really liked trident 14

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    eww eww eww
    thanks for listening tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawker
    nice 90's shit
    Hah.. yeah, they do be dat way.

Thanks

Chaos and Trident sound good.

thanks to all.

I know most of the tracks aren't everybody's cup of tea, so thanks.

Dude your atmospheric work is awesome. Are those just sounds on Reason? Where are you getting those? I just listened to like 30 songs or something and I will say this: There were about 5 songs that were just right for me. Some of them the drumwork doesn't work for the songs... Like in particular Hero Ball. That's a great atmospheric vibe but then the drums come in and kinda ruin it. I feel similarly with Cavern 2 but not as fervently ha. Apocalypse 2 is cool with a real grimy vibe, but it's got to hit with the same intensity as those drums... There just isn't consistency there. A lot of them have mad potential though IMO just a little reshaping of the drums. I am basically the same as you man I love atmospheric tracks but not all of them are meant to be hip hop beats... Or at least have traditional hip hop style drums. I have a tendency to try to fuse things that don't really work together as well.

But yea good stuff man. Chaos, Piano 14, Sentinel are awesome. That saw that comes in in Sentinel I was like YES. I like your piano work a lot some really cool vibes. Piano 12 is great... no drums necessary there good call. Quartet is epic. You could take something like Saddrama and go Dubstep with it...

I will listen to more later. Nicely done though... You getting paid for any of these or just a hobby?

Chaos is an easy beat to freestyle to, good work. I LOVE the way trident beat drops around the :16 second mark, very good. Might just have to cop a beat to make an ISH anthem

Feeling Trident 14 for sure. Might have to bust it out during my next drunken freestyle sesh...

Feeling Sentinel & Piano as well. You've got something here man.

Keep working...

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Dude your atmospheric work is awesome. Are those just sounds on Reason? Where are you getting those? I just listened to like 30 songs or something and I will say this: There were about 5 songs that were just right for me. Some of them the drumwork doesn't work for the songs... Like in particular Hero Ball. That's a great atmospheric vibe but then the drums come in and kinda ruin it. I feel similarly with Cavern 2 but not as fervently ha. Apocalypse 2 is cool with a real grimy vibe, but it's got to hit with the same intensity as those drums... There just isn't consistency there. A lot of them have mad potential though IMO just a little reshaping of the drums. I am basically the same as you man I love atmospheric tracks but not all of them are meant to be hip hop beats... Or at least have traditional hip hop style drums. I have a tendency to try to fuse things that don't really work together as well.

But yea good stuff man. Chaos, Piano 14, Sentinel are awesome. That saw that comes in in Sentinel I was like YES. I like your piano work a lot some really cool vibes. Piano 12 is great... no drums necessary there good call. Quartet is epic. You could take something like Saddrama and go Dubstep with it...

I will listen to more later. Nicely done though... You getting paid for any of these or just a hobby?
    Thanks to everybody that listened, greatly appreciate it.

The sounds you hear are a result of layering and tweaking. I use a combination of refills, sound fonts and stock Reason sounds. Most of the tracks are incomplete rough drafts that I decided to share, so you may be right they do need work. I've actually uploaded a few here and tried to cater my beats to the ISH's liking.

I love atmospheric stuff, I originally wanted to make movie soundtracks and was actually commissioned to do so a few years ago. I have tons of soundtrack-ish stuff in my collection. At times I like to try different things, which is why the drum selection on some of them might be different. I'd start off with one type of drum style then change it to something different simply out of boredom and not sound repetitive.

I used to make beats and demo tapes for artists back home (Compton/Long Beach area), as well as work with a few cats from BK and Chi in the past. Moved to Ottawa and trying to get in the game. Might have to start making Drake-esque beats with the filters and cutoffs and shit.

Thanks for the input, and thanks for listening.

Btw... not that anybody cares, but this is my fav beat I've ever made:

https://soundcloud.com/agua-1/solemn-013

Something about it grabs me, I know it's not for everybody but Im very proud of it. At times I can't believe I made it.

Very simple, yet full of textures and layers that one may not be aware of.

Hope ya'll like it nearly as much as I do.