Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Rose not playing game 7 - via Steve Aschburner

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    why don't you baboons realize that is isn't playing this season....PERIOD.
    He already said it over a million times. HE'S NOT COMING BACK.
    If it were game 7 of the finals he still wouldn't come back.
    But why won't he come back? He has no physical injuries whatsoever. He has been medically cleared months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    I think after you will have become a top 25 employee at your position... and I mean top 25 in the world, you can actually tell your boss just that. They won't be happy but they'll give you half a year off. If you are top 25. That's the tough part.
    No, you can't. And to be honest it's the opposite. In sports, because of how much they are paid and how many other people want to watch them play, they come back from injury faster, miss less games due to bereavement.

DRose has been cleared by doctors to play for two months now. There is zero excuses left for why he isn't playing in a playoff game. There were zero excuses for why he wasn't playing one month ago. He is, and has been, cleared by doctors.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    No, you can't.
    You can. If you are top 25 in the world and you've been 'officially' ill for a long period of time and then you tell your boss you need some extra time to recover, they won't fire you. But you have to be very hard to replace for this to be the case. A healthy Rose is hard to replace. I don't like his move (or lack thereof) but he can afford it for the time being.

I've lost a ton of respect for him. His teammates are battling with injuries, killing themselves for this team to win while he sits there, not wanting to play because it will "jeopardize" his career.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

You can. If you are top 25 in the world and you've been 'officially' ill for a long period of time and then you tell your boss you need some extra time to recover, they won't fire you. But you have to be very hard to replace for this to be the case. A healthy Rose is hard to replace. I don't like his move (or lack thereof) but he can afford it for the time being.
    You may be able to, but it does not mean that it is the right thing to do. He has been participating in 5 on 5 scrimmages since Feb 18. It has been over 2 months since he was medically cleared to play. Especially when his teammates are playing injured.

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    not wanting to play because it will "jeopardize" his career.
    Are you sure you wanted to jeopardize yours? Knowing that you can still compete for 10+ years?

Quote Originally Posted by jzek

insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    You may be able to, but it does not mean that it is the right thing to do.

We have no idea as to what's the right thing to do. We are not in his shoes. Hindsight is 20/20. If he had come back two months ago and reinjured himself, would that have been the right thing to do? I don't like him not playing, but I wouldn't crucify him.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    iman shumpert didnt make his franchise relevant again, hes not goign to make his franchise relevant for the next 6 years. hes a nobody, if he gets injured nobodys going to give a ****. d rose is the bulls past present and future, he can take the safe route.
    Wow, ignorance and rampant, kool-aid drinking fanboyism all in one post.

What is relevant is that both players suffered ACL injuries on the same day. After that, their jobs are to rehab and get back on the court when medically cleared.

More to the point, what other superstar would do this? Can you imagine Kobe at Rose's age waiting months after being cleared to step on the court? No, you can't, because it wouldn't happen.

The fact is, instead of doing something positive, like trying to play at least 10 minutes a game to give the fans and his teammates a lift, Rose is hurting both his future and the team's future in the arena of public perception.

Who can respect his toughness now? And if he's the team leader, what does that say about the Bulls? This situation has bad karma all over it.

Are you sure you wanted to jeopardize yours? Knowing that you can still compete for 10+ years?
    If I was in D-Rose's position, I would've played once the doctor has cleared me to play. Maybe it's just me. Maybe because I'm not really in his position and I haven't experience tearing an ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    If I was in D-Rose's position, I would've played once the doctor has cleared me to play. Maybe it's just me. Maybe because I'm not really in his position and I haven't experience tearing an ACL.
    Let's assume he is scared. He may well be. And? If so? Why can he not be scared? It's human. It's fairly easy to be tough on the internet and in newspapers' columns, sitting in the couch and preaching what one would have done.

By the way, there IS such a thing as muscle memory.

No. That's called "retiring" or taking time in between jobs. You can't do that in any big time high paying job where you're actually still employed. And no other NBA or pro sports players do this. He's been told, by doctors, for two months, he can play. Yet he isn't playing. He's a *****.

This isn't rocket science. He could have eased his way back into the game by playing limited minutes. Had he done this back in Feb., everyone would understand, and by now he would probably be right back in form.

These lame excuses are just pathetic.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Doesn't Rose have guaranteed max money until 2016/2017?

Bulls know they are going to be paying him anyways, they'd rather have him 100% in the future if just for the sake of not upsetting him. If he can come back 100% next season with the right attitude then it was worth all the coddling.