Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #76
NobleDrewAli
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default . . .

w/o reading through 70some replies, this thread is fu(king laughable.

1995. that's all anybody needed to see to know that dream was a far superior clutch player than d-rob.

in the best year of his career, robinson couldn't even fu(king hold dream's jock.
NobleDrewAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #77
lakers-city
Good college starter

i agree 100% but according to the thread's maker hakeem's team was HOF caliber and muich better than robinson's which is bs because hakeem never had the DPOY like robinson did-
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #78
EuJazz
Local High School Star

Hakeem WAS the DPOY, lol. Hakeem > DRob, hands down.

And there's no way Randolph would stand 5 seconds with Malone. I'm not sure how many people would. I've sat next to the dude, he could eat me.
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #79
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

hakeem owned the **** out of drob when they played against eash other.

what is this drob > hakeem :confused:
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #80
Koolbreeze07
I airball my layups

Default Robinson better than Hakeem?!!

OKAY. Are you comparing dream and Admiral or the Rockets and Spurs? What led you to this conclusion. We all saw Dream abuse D-rob on hte same night he won the MVP (not to mention he showed AND proved who the better Bigman was.
Koolbreeze07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #81
icemanfan
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Robinson may have been played soft, but he was a BEAST! Did you ever see him flexing his arms after he dunked on someone or made a nice play? I think he was just generally a very nice guy, but i'm sure that nobody would have wanted to mess with him. And while he did have more talent atheltically than Hakeem, Hakeem was still the better player.
Both were great. Hakeem was Davids kryptonite. If D.Rob could have outplayed Hakeem then the Spurs would have one more banner and Houston one less. Hakeem simply put the Rockets on his back and willed them to their second championship ,over David, over Shaq in his prime, over everone and anyone that got in his way. That was one of the greatest accomplishment in NBA history period. I have been a Spurs since 1975 and no one loves David Robinson more than me. I would not say Hakeem was better than David but I would never say David was better than Hakeem. Two great players I had the pleasure to watch play the game live and in person.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:12 AM   #82
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default continuation

there were some good comments posted in a previous drob vs hakeem thread back in sept:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11195
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #83
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Default Re: David Robinson was better than Hakeem Olajuwon

About Hakeem Olajuwon

When Magic retired and took over the Lakers, Bob Costas interviewed him and asked "if you could have one player college or pro who would you take to restart the Laker dynasty. Magic responded with Hakeem Olajuwon. Costas sat back expecting the Michael Jordan answer, and said really Hakeem not Michael, Magic said Michael is a scoring machine, but there is only one player that dominates on both ends of the court and that's Hakeem. He is truly the best player in the league.

During Hakeem Olajuwon's early years in the NBA he face 2 of the toughest team in the history of the NBA the 1980's Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers.

The Rockets had immediate success during Olajuwon's rookie season as their win-loss record improved from 29–53 in the 1983-84 NBA season to 48–34 in 1984-85. He teamed with the 1984 Rookie of the Year, 7 ft 4 in Ralph Sampson to form the original NBA "Twin Towers" duo. Olajuwon averaged 20.6 points, 11.9 rebounds and 2.68 blocks in his rookie season. He finished as runner-up to Michael Jordan in the 1985 Rookie of the Year voting, and was the only other rookie to receive any votes.

Olajuwon averaged 23.5 points, 11.5 rebounds, and 3.4 blocks per game during his second pro season (1985–86). The Rockets finished 51–31, and advanced all the way to the Western Conference Finals where they faced the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers. The Rockets would go on to win the series fairly easily (4–1), shocking the sports world in the process and landing Olajuwon on the cover of Sports Illustrated. The Rockets then advanced to the 1986 NBA Finals where they succumbed in six games to the Boston Celtics, whose 1986 team is often considered one of the best teams in NBA history.

I like David Robinson but definitely Hakeem Olajuwon during his prime is a much better player than the Admiral. Hakeem is a proven Franchise player because he take the Houston Rockets to 2 NBA Championship as the main man of his team. Beside the fact that he is one of the most agile bigmen in the history of the NBA no one can really match his patented Dream Shake.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-26-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #84
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

This is a perfect example of better regular season player vs. better postseason player.

I'd take the better postseason player.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #85
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

...So a crappy supporting cast is why Dream sh!tted all over Robinson in the playoffs?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #86
dawsey6
/thread

I forget where it was I heard it, but I once heard in an interview with a sports analyst that in the 90's there was Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwan, then there was the rest of the league.
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote