Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 12-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
NBACha
Decent playground baller

Default Thunder Logo Question

I am not from OKC and I am not too familiar with the area. I therefore have the following question...

What does the team's logo represent? The thinggie that surrounds the OKC letters - does that mean anything? Not trying to be a smarta** or anything -I just can't figure out if the logo has any signifigance to the area.
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
Moose

Default Re: Thunder Logo Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBACha
I am not from OKC and I am not too familiar with the area. I therefore have the following question...

What does the team's logo represent? The thinggie that surrounds the OKC letters - does that mean anything? Not trying to be a smarta** or anything -I just can't figure out if the logo has any signifigance to the area.

Honestly, no one here knows what the hell that logo has to do with Thunder. Boggles my mind!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:40 AM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Honestly, no one here knows what the hell that logo has to do with Thunder. Boggles my mind!
more honesty: no one even cares
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
NBACha
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
more honesty: no one even cares

Actually, quite the opposite. The situation in Seattle sucks (trust me I am from Charlotte so I know first hand) but the Thunder are doing quite well in OKC from a fan interest perspective.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBACha
Actually, quite the opposite. The situation in Seattle sucks (trust me I am from Charlotte so I know first hand) but the Thunder are doing quite well in OKC from a fan interest perspective.

perhaps i should have qualified it by "ouside of okc,"

the honeymoon stage can be quite exhilarating indeed. the true test will be after the novelty wears off-- maybe three years. when durant decides to bolt will probably affect enthusiasm too

but then again, like most of the one (nba) team cities like sacramento, san antonio and portland, its the only game in town so they should always have a core of dedicated fans
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
NBACha
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
perhaps i should have qualified it by "ouside of okc,"

like most of the one (nba) team cities like sacramento, san antonio and portland, its the only game in town so they should always have a core of dedicated fans

That's better.....and probably true. Even the Kings who sold out every game for many years straight have suffered in the last few years. Their attendance has taken a nose dive.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
nesgodawg
I brick open layups

One of the Thunder's biggest issues isn't going to be the fans, they should get 18,000 plus in there most nights, its the fact they are last in national television ratings and merchandise sales. That's where the real money comes from.

www.ihateclay.com
nesgodawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
ThunderCover
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesgodawg
One of the Thunder's biggest issues isn't going to be the fans, they should get 18,000 plus in there most nights, its the fact they are last in national television ratings and merchandise sales. That's where the real money comes from.

www.ihateclay.com

The Sonics TV contract in Seattle sucked and their merchandise sales were poor as well.

The bottom line is the Sonics went broke in Seattle and the Thunder will be profitable.
ThunderCover is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: