Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #31
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Warriors Vs Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Guys...guys...
Be nice.. Lol

DK&LF

It's cool, we just spar with those goofy oversized boxing gloves, we throw the blows but nobody gets hurt
He knows he can PM me if he feels I crossed the line
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #32
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I remember last Warriors game when Bynum jacked up that 3, one of the analyst said this

"Don't mess with the game and the game will mess with u."

Bynum needs to grow up and hopefully our team will win easily on his absence (if there's any) so he'll learn to adapt to the team instead of wanting his team to adapt to him.

Or Kobe can just yell at him come playoffs time.
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #33
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
1) At least Bynum hit the rim? Compared to Blake or Ron? You're forgetting the sample size here. Blake and Artest throughout their entire careers have taken many many many three point shots. Everyone eventually airballs. Kobe shot 3 airballs in a row against the jazz in a playoff game. Allen iverson, one of the greatest individual scorers to ever play the game, airballed free throws a few times. To say "At least Bynum hit the rim" shows at some level that you are looking for any absolute reason to defend a really stupid play. Mason and Ireland commented about that shot on the show, the fact there were 15 seconds left, and he threw up this shot, without even thinking of running whatever system existed, is completely inexcusable. Everyone in the arena made a noise as in to say "What the hell is he doing?" And this was the opposing team's fans too lol. You compare Bynum to Pau in three point shooting, Pau shoots threes when the system gives him in open three, not when he's running up the court with 15 seconds left, completely disregarding everything they learned in practice.

2) a - How do we know Brown lets him shoot in practice? Is it because Kobe said he makes them in practice? Kobe is the same guy who said he apologized to Bynum after he demanded him to be traded. Then the media found out from Bynum it was a lie. You're going to believe Kobe, a guy who not only lies, but throws his teammates under the bus when it is in his best interest? Do you remember him completely trashing the lakers organization, that eventually put a championship team around him that brought him two rings? When Kobe sits there blaming everyone around him, he never mentions why he shot a terrible shooting game in game 7 vs the celtics, a performance that nearly cost this organization another championship. But its okay for him to throw Bynum under the bus, the organization under the bus, and more recently, Mike Brown under the bus.

b - "He hits them in practice". News flash DK, Shaquille O'Neal used to his his free throws in practice. Sasha Vujacic used to always hit his shots in practice. Practice and the game are two very different things. This goes back to what I was initially making a point in saying, was that if the three pointer that Bynum took was a part of the system that got him that shot, then it wouldn't have been as bad. But because he didn't run any plays, he walked right up to that line with a plan of exactly what he was going to do, a plan which completely defied the lakers system, that was a stupid ass shot. I would have fined him for that. It was so ugly, it barely hit rim, and you're defending this idiot for that shot? What the hell does Kobe know? Kobe is the same guy who wanted Phil out of lakerland. Only to realize he couldn't even play without him being there. Couldn't win anyways.

3) "As a coach, you cannot expect a guy to be a leader to his teammates if you degrade him in front of them"

I very much beg to differ on this, simply because a leader is someone who not only barks out orders, but someone who leads by example. I can be a great example for many people if I accept responsibilities for my mistakes. There is no doubt in my mind, Bynum's three point shot was a mistake. It was bone headed.
When coach comes to bench you now, you accept this, and you apologize to your teammates for being selfish. Only then will you ever be respected as a leader, because you were able to humble yourself for the greater good of the team. Thats what a true leader is, someone who does whatever is necessary for the greater good, OF THE REST OF THE GROUP!!.

The word "Degrading" refers to a one sided attempt to discredit someone else. If you feel that Bynum was degraded, then you have not factored in that Bynum was degrading the system, degrading the coach, degrading and downplaying this team's capabilities and desire to win the game. He just wanted to shoot that shot, in hopes of it going in, to add to his stats. That shot was not done for the greater good of this team DK. That shot was a shot which he was not supposed to take, and if he is the leader of this team, then he is telling everyone that they are allowed to take stupid shots upon demand.

4) Must we always go back to Brown in Cleveland? In Cleveland he was the biggest blow jobber for Lebron James. He let him do whatever the hell he wanted. In the end, Lebron was not only a pain in the ass to Cleveland, but when he first arrived in Miami, his immaturity and constant need for power irritated Pat Riley.

Brown is now here, and he learned from this mistake, because from this point on, he is the coach, and he will make the decisions. This has always been the case and it will never change, and if it ever changes, where the student gets to teach the teacher, I will hang myself from this ceiling and lose all hope in humanity for surviving.
Excellent post, Freak , your points are spot on, imo.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #34
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
It's cool, we just spar with those goofy oversized boxing gloves, we throw the blows but nobody gets hurt
He knows he can PM me if he feels I crossed the line

lol absolutely. I love how this is the third or fourth time this year people get worried.

I once asked DK for coaching advice in a PM because I was coaching/playing in a rec league and he gave me some helpful thoughts. Remember DK?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #35
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol absolutely. I love how this is the third or fourth time this year people get worried.

I once asked DK for coaching advice in a PM because I was coaching/playing in a rec league and he gave me some helpful thoughts. Remember DK?

I'm ALWAYS glad to help buddy
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: