Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #766
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: HBO's True Detective discussion

Patton Oswalt As Rust Cohle

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #767
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^ he's pretty funny :)
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:10 PM   #768
cos88
rep me pls

cos88 has a bad reputationcos88 has a bad reputationcos88 has a bad reputation

3 day old news but not the first brad pitt rumour http://www.latinpost.com/articles/96...-harrelson.htm

Last edited by cos88 : 03-29-2014 at 10:15 PM.
cos88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #769
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not feeling the idea of each episode being its own story.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:07 PM   #770
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I think it is important to note that Hart is the one who said, "we can't get 'em all"... And that was sort of always Hart's attitude about the whole thing. I would presume that Rust's fleeing of the hospital meant that he is probably jumping right back into the case and trying to track down the other people involved.

I don't think that part of the story was contrary to what we had grown to expect.

There's no doubt Pizzolatto was working with some really deep themes that delved into the annals of strange fiction dating all the way back to the 1800s. Even in the show's final showdown between Rust and Errol, Errol said, "Take off your mask," which is a clear reference to all of the other weird Robert Chambers stuff he used over the course of the show.

The depth was there... where people ended up being wrong was that the supernatural stuff didn't interfere with the actual narrative of these two guys searching for a killer(s). And, I was actually glad about that. I think keeping all of that stuff in the background as a dual narrative was the right approach.

And, listen... we can all sit here and b!tch and moan, but I thought it was a pretty great achievement for 10 episode season. No, the ending didn't quite live up to the first five episodes, but hey... that was a pretty high standard with the greatness of the show's start. And, trying to tie things up in so few episodes was always going to be difficult.

That's why I thought the easiest way out was just to kill Rust and Marty. Things seemed set up for that to happen... Pizzolatto decided to go in a different direction and I don't really have any complaints. It was an incredibly entertaining season and it had such a passionate following, an obscure book of short stories from the 1800s made it onto the freaking Top 10 Best Sellers list.

He deserves kudos just for that.

I only saw 8 chief. Where's the other two?
The_Yearning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #771
Shade8780
Titty Game Jacob

Shade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShade8780 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Looking very like two of Ellen Page, Kate Mara or Brad Pitt are gonna be the detectives in season 2.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #772
cos88
rep me pls

cos88 has a bad reputationcos88 has a bad reputationcos88 has a bad reputation

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2014/03/...up-lines-pics/
cos88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #773
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Not feeling the idea of each episode being its own story.

Each season you mean. Not a fan of this either, but it could work out depending on the storyline and the cast. Kinda hard to top Mac and Woody, but we'll see.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #774
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation herejamal99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Each season you mean. Not a fan of this either, but it could work out depending on the storyline and the cast. Kinda hard to top Mac and Woody, but we'll see.
He was probably refering to the part of that article posted by cos88

Quote:
The creator of the show, Nic Pizzolatto, told reporters that the second season would be more exciting with a storyline that changes each episode just like American Horror Story.

But AHS is one story per season afaik...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:55 PM   #775
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^Yes, that's what I was referring to.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:11 PM   #776
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not a fan of that idea, either. I thought the appeal of these kinds of extended series were to give filmmakers the time, space and freedom to develop characters/stories/etc?

I mean, I guess there doesn't have to be a set form, but doing a different story every episode seems like a bit of a waste.

Maybe I'm thinking in a one dimensional reality?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:13 PM   #777
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has an OK reputation so far

I liked this show.

I do think I was a little more drawn into Dexter tho.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:15 PM   #778
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Not a fan of that idea, either. I thought the appeal of these kinds of extended series were to give filmmakers the time, space and freedom to develop characters/stories/etc?

I mean, I guess there doesn't have to be a set form, but doing a different story every episode seems like a bit of a waste.

Maybe I'm thinking in a one dimensional reality?

You're looking at time and space as if it's a flat circle. Or something.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:16 PM   #779
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
^^^Yes, that's what I was referring to.

In that case, **** that.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: