Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Grant Hill shakes the pants off of Scottie Pippen and Dunks on him

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Absolutely, good post.

Pippen was really the prototype for that point forward position.

Hill would've been the evolutionary link between Pip and the finalized EPITOME final product, LeBron James ... much the way Julius Erving was the evolutionary link between Michael Thompson, and the EPITOME final product, Michael Jordan.

Statistically he was just hitting his peak before he got that ankle injury too. It's sad we missed out on two generational defining players from the 90's Hill and Penny because of injury.
    Not to mention Len Bias

90s really suffered from a dearth of talent in swingman position cause of those injuries and Len's death.

and the 2 most talented wing players played on the same team... all parts and parcel of the MJ legend

NBA lottery pick

Brb. Still trying to find where his pants were shaking off.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    Not to mention Len Bias

90s really suffered from a dearth of talent in swingman position cause of those injuries and Len's death.

and the 2 most talented wing players played on the same team... all parts and parcel of the MJ legend
    Yea man, Len Bias would be to MJ, as LeBron is to Kobe.

Let's also not forget Reggie Lewis, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Brb. Still trying to find where his pants were shaking off.
    Couldn't use a curse word in the title so had to say something.

Hill undressed the shit outa Pip there

His first Fila sneakers were serious....

Absolutely, good post.

Hill would've been the evolutionary link between Pip and the finalized EPITOME final product, LeBron James ... much the way Julius Erving was the evolutionary link between Michael Thompson, and the EPITOME final product, Michael Jordan.

Statistically he was just hitting his peak before he got that ankle injury too. It's sad we missed out on two generational defining players from the 90's Hill and Penny because of injury.
    Penny falls into that category as well. I think if Penny would have stayed at PG in particular, he would have redefined that spot. Sure Magic at 6'9 really did epic shit. But Penny at 6'7 and a freakish athlete would have brought things to the table that would have redefined PG. Penny at the SG and healthy had the ability to be a top 10 GOAT SG minimum as well. But I think Penny at PG would have flat out redefined PG. I realize MJ played point at times as well as Pippen. But Penny came in the L groomed to be a PG, and had that sixth sense for passing that other big perimeter players like Bird, Magic, and Lebron had. As great of passers that MJ and Pippen were, I put them a hair or two behind guys like Penny, Bron, Magic, or Bird. MJ and Pip had similar assist numbers to guys like Bird, Penny, and Bron, but the tiebreaker for me is the flair and sixth sense it seemed Penny had.
    Last edited by bizil; 11-19-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Hill undressed the shit outa Pip there
    As great of a defender that Pippen was, he had his most trouble with athletic slashers such as Hill and Nique. Those two in particular standout to me when giving Pippen big time trouble, even though Pip still defended them well and in turn gave them their toughest challenges. I would have loved to see a prime Pippen battle a prime Bird. They never had the chance, but I think Bird's size and shooting ability would have given Pippen an interesting challenge as well in a different light.

Absolutely, good post.

Hill was a massive loss for the NBA. It did appear as though he was just hitting his stride. Had a been on an elite team and still been in his prime it would have made for great theater.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    As great of a defender that Pippen was, he had his most trouble with athletic slashers such as Hill and Nique. Those two in particular standout to me when giving Pippen big time trouble, even though Pip still defended them well and in turn gave them their toughest challenges. I would have loved to see a prime Pippen battle a prime Bird. They never had the chance, but I think Bird's size and shooting ability would have given Pippen an interesting challenge as well in a different light.

Here is the fullgame now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFBMPY7q-ck

Yes? How can anyone not ... or specifically how can YOU not?

Sometimes I really wonder about you. Are you just contrarian for the sake of it? Or just flat out dumb? You claim to act like you know soooo much about ball, too. Even going to extents of creating your own thread discussing your views about the game.

You suck at it ... always have. I still remember you claiming Iverson didn't have handle, Beasely would be better than Rose (how is that working for ya?)

And now acting like this clip isn't SUPERB proof of a 35 year old man, playing utterly BEASTLY lock down defense?

Had nothing to do with court spacing. Look at MJ quickly and viciously fighting through a pick, and putting Grant Hill in a straight jacket.

Bad spacing? He had an ENTIRE side of the floor to operate and couldn't shake free of Jordan. Just STFU and KO yourself.
    To be fair, Randy Brown did leave his man twice in an effort to help. Im sure that was by design. And that was excellent man defense from Jordan, but he didnt lock him down on his own.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Absolutely, good post.

good post but i would suggest there is no such thing as a final product.

still good post.

yea prime grant hill was a beast, especially impressive considering how great a defender scottie was. jordan was lucky he had pippen take the toughest defensive assignment and matchup

Why would MJ take on a SF? Why?

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

yea prime grant hill was a beast, especially impressive considering how great a defender scottie was. jordan was lucky he had pippen take the toughest defensive assignment and matchup
    You sir are a moron and have no clue what you are talking about