Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Dwight Howard Exposed? 1-6 FG!

The two offensive fouls they called on him seemed to crush his spirit. He'll be back in game 2.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Dwight couldn't get in a rhythm due to minutes and all of the free throws and he didn't have anyone to take the pressure off of him on account of Turk's and Lewis' complete inability to get it going. I don't think he was by any means "exposed" as somehow bad or something. If anything, the Celtics series reflected more poorly on him than the Lakers series has so far, since it seemed so easy for Perkins to keep him from scoring off of field goals or free throws.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k

Did u not watch how the Piston shut down Shaq. Sure Kobe was a ball hogger, but after the fact that Shaq kelpt turning the ball over in the post to Ben Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    Dwight is the best center in the NBA. His team mates weren't hitting their shots that's all.

If he had Kobe to dish to him, he would be even more dominant.
    I would take Howard (or as I say "Howie") on my team any day. He does have a way to go, but he will continue to improve his game and add more depth over the next couple of years. He is great right now, and will only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj23clutch
    a healthy yao ming dominated LA during the playoffs before he got injured. howard also struggles against elite big men like yao ming. a healthy yao is just as dangerous.
    HUH???? At no time did Yao dominate the Lakers, not in the regular season (0-4) and not in the playoffs (1-2).

It was when Yao was injured and the smaller guys ran circles around the Lakers is when the match up problems arose. When Yao was in the game, the pace was much slower - and the Lakers were able to control the tempo.

Lakers played the Rockets better with Yao, than without. That series did not go 7 games if Yao was not injured.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Gasol's defense this year has been underrated. He has improved from last year. People who still call Gasol soft are obviously not paying attention. He's done weight training in the offseason and gained an extra 20 pounds, which basically makes him a true center.
    Last edited by cotdt; 06-05-2009 at 02:19 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Did u not watch how the Piston shut down Shaq. Sure Kobe was a ball hogger, but after the fact that Shaq kelpt turning the ball over in the post to Ben Wallace.

Ben Wallace didn't stop Shaq. Hack a Shaq stopped Shaq. Pistons really didn't shut down Shaq, either.

lmao at this.

Howard was already exposed vs. Kendrick Perkins in the semis.

Then he dominates broken feet Ilgauskus and 6'8" Varajeo and people think he suddenly learned to become Shaq overnight.

Suddenly, when faced with legit 7 footers, he is human again... hm...

no

Saw a basketball once

I don't know if you call 26ppg being "shut down".

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Kevin Willis rocked!

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by lbj23clutch
    a healthy yao ming dominated LA during the playoffs before he got injured. howard also struggles against elite big men like yao ming. a healthy yao is just as dangerous.
    it's kinda sad how all arguments involving yao or t-mac have the word healthy all over them.

Learning to shoot layups

Wasn't he still averaging 26 something points 11 rebounds on 60%+ shooting?

Decent college freshman

Yao didn't not dominate the Lakers. The Lakers destroy him. All they had to do was front him, and Yao was useless and turn into a turnover machine.

It was when Yao was sitting that all the runs were made my the Rockets.

2.67 TO in 36MPG for a big man = a turnover machine.

Ive watched very little Magic basketball this year but its obvious they just were not hitting shots they could/should hit and that is always rough on a center.

However, while I believe Dwight one of the most beastly dudes ive ever had the pleasure to meet, I do not think that against Gasol/Bynum/(O-Dumb even) he will avg more then 18 ppg this series... thats not to say I dont hope he does and the Magic topple the Lakers.

btw, Shaq>anycurrentbigman with closest competition from TimmyD
    dont effing kid yourselves