Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    Its official I'm going to try and grow opies beard.
    That is impressive. I'm only able to grow my own beard.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Season 5 was a muddled mess of shite.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    That is impressive. I'm only able to grow my own beard.
    I see what you did there!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Season 5 was a muddled mess of shite.
    Really? I like the action in season 5. Every episode was like a shorter version of Bady Boys 2. I just didn't like the fact that [COLOR="White"]Pope got taken out pretty quick.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    I finally finished watching Sons of Anarchy. My thoughts, seasons 1-3 are great. The ending of season 3 was one of the best season finales I have ever seen. With that said, season 4 wasn't as good as any of the previous 3 seasons, and season 5 was a major disappointment. It sucks that Clay isn't the leader anymore but he asked for it. He's a f*cking badass though.
    Completely agree about the season 3 finale.

Season 5 tried to pack in way too much unrealistic action which is not what most fans of the show seem to want anyway. In season 1 they had to be careful about doing illegal stuff and in season 5 they take a criminal parade down main city street with no consequences

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Really? I like the action in season 5. Every episode was like a shorter version of Bady Boys 2. [/COLOR]

The problem I had with this season is that is was way too violent as opposed to the others. You have to suspend reality with this show and I hate that. With all the killings going on in and around Charming, you'd assume government officials would order martial law or something and get the national guard in there.

Also, there were too many storylines going on at once. It's hard to sink your teeth into a character and really relate when you're drawn away by the drama of another that I feel is quite unnecessary. This should have been the season where Clay was seen from the least, but then he goes crazy rogue and conspires to infiltrate the gang with his own guys.....I mean c'mon.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    The problem I had with this season is that is was way too violent as opposed to the others. You have to suspend reality with this show and I hate that. With all the killings going on in and around Charming, you'd assume government officials would order martial law or something and get the national guard in there.

Also, there were too many storylines going on at once. It's hard to sink your teeth into a character and really relate when you're drawn away by the drama of another that I feel is quite unnecessary. This should have been the season where Clay was seen from the least, but then he goes crazy rogue and conspires to infiltrate the gang with his own guys.....I mean c'mon.
    I don't think the body count was that high that they'd be martial law or national guard. Some of the worst inner cities of Chicago or LA for example have ridiculous amounts of violence and nothing is done about it. Charming is a butt **** town of no importance that wouldn't register on the national radar and I wouldn't expect the amount of bodies dropping to be anything out of the ordinary when it comes to biker gangs and violence. And season for they did have the RICO case over them so it's not like they were totally unnoticed by the government at all.

I didn't feel that there were too many story lines going on because the central focus was always Jax and no matter how much he tries to distance himself from the club he gets in deeper and is turning into Clay. And you can't have SOA without Clay, he's just being his usual sneaky scheming self. It just goes to show you despite getting a lease on life some people will never change.