Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why does the boy band formula work?

Why do teen/tween girls go crazy over these *bands* that are slapped together, where the guys didn't even know each other beforehand, have little or no actual talent, and dont write or produce their own music? Because they're stupid?

Good High School Starter LOLCATS's Avatar

Default Re: Why does the boy band formula work?

Because girls love good looking guys who are popular. Put a bunch of them together, give them catchy songs to sing and let the fans get to know them and their popularity explodes.

Very good NBA starter

unsolved mysteries like why do people wait in line and pay money to watch michael bay's movies?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Who cares how long they no each ohter ? I always wanted to **** the shit out of the pussycat dolls and i couldn
    Last edited by casual_fan; 08-18-2014 at 10:27 AM.

While for most girls in their 20s it's all about money, for girls in their teens, and their young teens it's more about little things to the equivalent of wearing a hat sideways and guys who look like they spent hours getting ready.

I remember seeing a meme or whatever it's called on my cousin's 14 year old daughter's phone, and it was like a 15 year old couple, guy that look like he could be in a boy band, with like their forehead to together, making a heart, all about life long true love. Getting married.

And I just wanted to tell her that's not reality, a guy that age is continuously thinking about ****ing the girl in every which way. He's not thinking about some true love, forever together soul mate.

I can't describe my point the way I want to, but their view is so way off on what they delude themselves into thinking the guy is like.

Having said that. It's a better mentality than say a girl in her 20s that cares more about how much the guy makes.
    Last edited by jstern; 08-18-2014 at 10:36 AM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Girls see other girls liking something, and they follow.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Howard Stern did this interview with one of the guys from LFO and it was really about that one old fat dude that put them, backstreet boys, new kids, nsync, etc. together.

It was one of the funniest thing I ever heard. I guess this "manager" guy was this closeted homo who made them all take their shirts off and examined their bodies and say all this sh*t like you might have to practice doing gay stuff with me because that's what you are going to have to do when you make it big

NBA Superstar

because girls love ab's. get ab's and they'll love u too if u can figure out a way to show it off....ie. boy bands.

NBA rookie of the year

White teen/tween girls are attracted to that look.
    Why do guys like kate upton? She has big juicy tits.
    But why do guys like big juicy tits? We just do.

I assume its the same.

Also white teen/tween girls have white parents. White people tend to be better off on average in america than latinos and black americans. I think on average whites have slightly lower incomes than asians, but non-hispanic whites are 67% of the population whereas asians are like 4-5%.

This means white teen/tween girls have access to significant amounts of disposable income. A great market to try to reach.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 08-18-2014 at 02:04 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    because girls love ab's. get ab's and they'll love u too if u can figure out a way to show it off....ie. boy bands.
    a lot of those guys are scrawny as ****. they look like they just spent a few weeks in a concentration camp

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    a lot of those guys are scrawny as ****. they look like they just spent a few weeks in a concentration camp
    Thats what lots of chicks like these days brah. The pale Twilight hipster bitch look.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    i keep thinking of that scene in Kick Ass 2 where theyre going nuts over the boy bands ab's...but i swear it seems accurate.

when i was following kpop, all of the females loved the boy bands for their ab's. i'd swear more than the music.

even saw a interview with megan fox recently jocking Ninja Assasin guy for his ab's.

the one thing females love more than anything is ab's. when they get older maybe its money but thats when they get pretty old...

generalizing obviously.

You got money, you got b!tches. No money, no b!tches.

Now here's a poor person:

No b!tches in sight.

National High School Star

A diverse(if not ethnically speaking then aesthetically ) group of guys that appeal to a wide range of girls.

Jackson 5 for example had the talented cute little kid(Michael) as lead , but probably didn't appeal to older girls. Jermaine & Jackie appealed to older girls. A little something to appeal to a cross section of girls/ages.

I guess Mark Wahlberg was the muscled bad boy (I don't know much about his group ),but I am sure they had girls who preferred other guys in this group. A little something different for each girl.

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    A diverse(if not ethnically speaking then aesthetically ) group of guys that appeal to a wide range of girls.

Jackson 5 for example had the talented cute little kid(Michael) as lead , but probably didn't appeal to older girls. Jermaine & Jackie appealed to older girls. A little something to appeal to a cross section of girls/ages.

I guess Mark Wahlberg was the muscled bad boy (I don't know much about his group ),but I am sure they had girls who preferred other guys in this group. A little something different for each girl.
    It works because there's always another crop of 13 year old girls. Music + sexual attraction is a powerful combination and it's been this way since even before the bobby soxers were going crazy over Frank Sinatra.

Keith Richards said that girls who would chase the band and tear their clothes off, didn't know what to do next. They didn't know what to do with the feelings they had.

Also Mark Walhberg wasn't in a boy band that was his brother.