High School Varsity 6th Man

Default 2018 depth chart

Ball/KCP/Ingram/Randle/Lopez
    Clarkson/Hart/Kuzma/Nance Jr/Zubac

That's a playoff team. F@*k Charles Barkley.

Default Re: 2018 depth chart

We need to get lucky and maybe we'll crack 20 wins

NBA lottery pick

I'm beginning to wonder if Kuzma is going to have a chance to start later on in the season. Nance and Randle are definitely different types of players. I would think Randle would put up a good fight to try to earn himself a contract. With the way Kuzma can shoot and score he seems to be Luke's type of player though. I know it's just the preseason. We have to see if he can do this in real games coming off the bench first.

NBA lottery pick

Ingram has looked so bad this preseason. I know they're going to have to give him a chance so he'll probably start but right now he barely looks like he should be a role player off the bench for a team. It's just the preseason so I'm not freaking out yet, but typically a guy you intend to count on would play better with the minutes he's got so far. Randle has had some moments. I still think Kuzma seems like he could be the starter at PF before long.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Ingram has looked so bad this preseason. I know they're going to have to give him a chance so he'll probably start but right now he barely looks like he should be a role player off the bench for a team. It's just the preseason so I'm not freaking out yet, but typically a guy you intend to count on would play better with the minutes he's got so far. Randle has had some moments. I still think Kuzma seems like he could be the starter at PF before long.
    I did some research regarding these icons at 19 and compare them to Ingram's stats.
    Brandon Ingram, 29% 3ptFG, 44.3 FG%
    Kevin Duran, 28.8% 3pt%, 43% FG%
    Lebron, 29% 3pt%, 43.8FG%
    Kobe, 37.7% 3pt%, 43.7FG%
    Westbrook was STILL IN COLLEGE at 19,
    at 20 yrs old, he shot a measly 27%3pt% at 41.5FG%
    Kuzma looked too right now, right, well, he is now at 22 yrs old, OLDER than Ingram,
    I am not saying Brandon will be a superstar like these guys
    but the guy has a boy body still, limited upper body strength that he gets overpowered,
    have yet to read defense properly,
    have difficulty handling so much pressure from everyone esp from Magic

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, that's percentages. Like I said, I'm not freaking out yet. But I will say KD averaged over 20 as a rookie. I'm not sure Ingram can do that as a sophmore. Him and Lebron looked like superstars right away. I haven't seen that kind of play from Ingram yet. I'm optimistic he can still get there, but if he does end up being a bust it will really set the Lakers back a number of years in rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I did some research regarding these icons at 19 and compare them to Ingram's stats.
    Brandon Ingram, 29% 3ptFG, 44.3 FG%
    Kevin Duran, 28.8% 3pt%, 43% FG%
    Lebron, 29% 3pt%, 43.8FG%
    Kobe, 37.7% 3pt%, 43.7FG%
    Westbrook was STILL IN COLLEGE at 19,
    at 20 yrs old, he shot a measly 27%3pt% at 41.5FG%
    Kuzma looked too right now, right, well, he is now at 22 yrs old, OLDER than Ingram,
    I am not saying Brandon will be a superstar like these guys
    but the guy has a boy body still, limited upper body strength that he gets overpowered,
    have yet to read defense properly,
    have difficulty handling so much pressure from everyone esp from Magic
    I don't know if Ingram can put on much weight and muscle. I think he is one of those people who have very hard time putting on weight and maintaining it. My mom, for instance, just can't put on extra weight no matter how much she eats or what she does. My mom is not an athlete so it's fine but for Ingram, that could be problematic if he is not able to maintain weight like we expect. Ingram has been eating what? 5,000 calories since spring.. Still lanky as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I don't know if Ingram can put on much weight and muscle. I think he is one of those people who have very hard time putting on weight and maintaining it. My mom, for instance, just can't put on extra weight no matter how much she eats or what she does. My mom is not an athlete so it's fine but for Ingram, that could be problematic if he is not able to maintain weight like we expect. Ingram has been eating what? 5,000 calories since spring.. Still lanky as hell.
    Of course there will be exceptions, I know people who barely eat and still gain weight but google the images of players like Kobe, KG and many many more athletes when they were 20 yrs old, heck even look at your pics at this age and notice how different is your body. Again Kuzma looks good right now but he is 22 yrs old, 3 years ago, hes not that good.