Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 AM   #76
Wukillabeez78
I brick open layups

Wukillabeez78 is considered somewhat coolWukillabeez78 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Favourite Wu Tang Clan Rapper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
pshhhh obviously Ghost one of the few still relivant

Hip Hop as a genre isn't as relevant anymore. Wu-Tang Clan has cemented it's legacy as one of the best hip hop groups of all time. They are all in their late 30's early 40's now. No need to make music anymore especially for young kids who don't like that kind of hip hop. Fad/pop influenced music has taken over. People want to "do that superman" (soulja boy) and do "The Dougie", etc... Or they're into pop like rap like the tracks Kanye and others put out now. Hip hop has changed like everything else. Wu-Tang dominated their era but it's a new era and people don't want to hear that anymore (except for fans like me who were into them when they first came out). I'm still into that old Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep type music. Raekwon's Only Built For Cuban Linx II was a great album to a guy like me.
Wukillabeez78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #77
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78
I agree. GZA has always been my favorite, I feel he's the best lyricist in the Clan hands down. Some people don't like his voice (feeling it's monotone) but I like it, he always sounds relaxed and in control when he's on the mic. He taught his two younger cousins (RZA & Ol'DB) how to rap.

After him I'd go Ghostface (classic NY flow that is even better when he shows emotion/also the most consistent member with his solo albums), Raekwon (best solo album amongst members and one of the best hip hop albums ever with Only Built For Cuban Linx), Inspectah Deck (slept on by many but a very good writer and lyricist), Method Man (most well-known, great flow, very distinctive voice).

After those 5 the remaining 4 (RZA, U-God, Masta Killa and the deceased Ol' Dirty) are kind of a toss up but I'd rank them in the order listed here. RZA is of course a great producer and beat maker, the vision and brains behind the group. But as far as rapping he is kind of hit or miss. I like his verse on "NYC Everything" quite a bit and he's not a bad rapper but not as good as any of the top 5. The RZA also incorporates more of the 5 Percent philosophy into his rhymes than any of the others (all of the members are 5 Percenters). Best track I've heard from U-God was probably "Bizarre". He's decent but sounds like he's reading his lyrics off a sheet of paper all the time to me for some reason. Masta Killa is definitely the 2nd worst rapper in the group. GZA actually was working with him on his rapping skills during the time 36 Chambers was being made and Masta Killa was only on 1 track due to his inferior rapping and because he'd just gotten out of prison before the album was released. Ol' Dirty was the worst lyricist in the group but his 1st album is still a classic because many of the other members were featured on it and because of the RZA's production. Dirty was best suited for the hooks (he was the only one of them not to have a verse in "Triumph", even Cappadonna had a verse). He was not a strong rapper at all but could sometimes bust out an off the wall freestyle that was hot. Cappadonna might as well be a member especially now that Ol' DB is gone. If I were to rank him I'd put him right after Method Man. Very good rapper, my favorite verse from him was on "Winter Warz". He was showcased on that track and killed it. Best track he did IMO was "97' Mentality". A really good beat that he raps over very well.
Did someone say Dirt McGirt is the worse Wu-Tang member??
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #78
GhostDeini32
serenity now

GhostDeini32 has decent reputation

i don't want to argue over the greatness of the WU, but i have to say, RZA's lyrical darts are some of the most slept on in history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAuHipErRl8

hes at least the greatest 2way hip hop threat of all time, with the beats and rhymes. ask method man.
GhostDeini32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #79
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Did someone say Dirt McGirt is the worse Wu-Tang member??

and with the name wukillabeez. what the ****.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #80
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

1 GZA
2 Reakwon
3 Ghostface
4 Inspectah Deck
5 RZA
6 Method Man
7 ODB
8 Masta Killa
9 U-God

I have Cappadona in between Masta Killa and U God. Is Killah Priest considered a member in the way Cappadona is????

I love this song from him
Killah Priest - B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth)

Quote:
But we used to wear a turban, but now we're in the urban
No more wearing beanies and dress like a genie
No hocus pocus cause I focus on the facts
And put it on the tracks and brought it through the wax
I speak on Jacob, it might take up some time
And too much knowledge, it might break up the rhyme
I did it anyway just to wake up the mind
of those who kiss stones or prays on the carpet
Those who sit home, or sell books by the market
Need to chill and get their mind revived
For years religion did nothing but divide

Quote:
I deal with the truth, and build with the youth
And teach my son as he kneels on the stoop
Son, life is a pool of sin, corrupted with foolish men
and women with wicked minds, who build picket signs
to legalize abortion, the evil eye distortion
I quiz Son with my wisdom
Before I converted, I was perverted, and knowledge was asserted
The study of wisdom, I perferred it
The understanding, it gave me mental freedom
I even learnt Caucasians were really the Tribe of Edam
The white image, of Christ, is really Cesare Borgia
and uhh, the second son of Pope Alexander
The Sixth of Rome, and once the picture was shown
That's how the devils tricked my dome
I prophesized to save a man, but no one gave a damn
for my nation - the seed of Abraham
Blessed with the tongue of Hebrew
Now we're strung on needles, and some are plungin evils
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #81
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Ol' Dirty Bastard
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #82
GhostDeini32
serenity now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbviQ4lRLhY

...bad ass weeeeeeed.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #83
GhostDeini32
serenity now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rml5t...eature=related

im just saying rza and gza is the best combo, better than ghost and rae. if that is all i can contribute to this thread that is all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDsy2IGiviw
Old 01-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #84
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
and with the name wukillabeez. what the ****.
LOL, didn't even notice the screen name.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #85
GhostDeini32
serenity now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGc1BeKKhdo

sadly and happily i still rock the wu wear! lulz
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: