Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default You guys in So Cal

please do the rest of us a favor...
post what your local papers/pundits are saying about trade/draft rumors.

all I get is what certain websites post, which ain't much.

is there ANY news of ANY kind coming out of soCal right now (and I don't me the Pimp)?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: You guys in So Cal

no news, the papers have been real quiet, radio, TV the same...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I live in the heart, being L.A. Activity must be dead because I watch the local news, read the L.A. Times and Daily News every thing, and also read somesmaller papers like The Breeze and nothing is happening on this end. We are not even getting little blurbs.

Its purty horrid for us fans who always need a lil' lakers update every morning.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As everyone has said, its been pretty quiet here... I have been trying to get info off of KLAC 570, but I think everyone is in a holding pattern since there is just only speculation at this point.

If I hear anything or see anything, I will certainly report it.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

only news is Rick fox starring in a new movie with Jon Voight, I wish he would make a movie with Doug Christie
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
only news is Rick fox starring in a new movie with Jon Voight, I wish he would make a movie with Doug Christie

They already made Brokeback Mountain!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #7
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

aside from the jim "idiot" buss vs rambis and jeanie over the radio spat its been super quiet.
Oh also according to latest LA times article, Kwame might need reconstructive surgery meaning he misses the start of next season<---may affect trades.
Seems like Kurt Rambis is interviewing for a lot of Head Coach positions, Pacers, Kings, and Seattle.
Also LO's surgery is done with...about 4 mos recovery time.

Last edited by shadow : 05-25-2007 at 10:23 PM.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:58 PM   #8
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
They already made Brokeback Mountain!

very funny and original, yo da man Socal
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #9
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
aside from the jim "idiot" buss vs rambis and jeanie over the radio spat its been super quiet.
Oh also according to latest LA times article, Kwame might need reconstructive surgery meaning he misses the start of next season<---may affect trades.
Seems like Kurt Rambis is interviewing for a lot of Head Coach positions, Pacers, Kings, and Seattle.
Also LO's surgery is done with...about 4 mos recovery time.

There is actually a good (but long) article on hoopsworld by eric pincus on this whole thing... worth reading.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
very funny and original, yo da man Socal

I da Pimp thanks to Lakefreak!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:13 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well no news except for kwames career ending surgery..maybe i'll make some up.....lol
Old 05-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #12
SDBasketball
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SDBasketball has an OK reputation so far

New poster here. But follow diligently. Not much in San Diego either. Papers seems dead on news.
SDBasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

May 25, 2007 El Segundo:
Lakers Announce the Return of a Legend....

The Los Angles Lakers have revealed their first off season move and it's a doozy. Last season in a move meant to recapture the Golden Era of Lakers Basketball Staples Center under the direction of Lakers owner Jerry Buss Staples Center went "Lights Out" for all Laker home games. In the "Lights Out" games the Staples Center Crowd was treated to a journey back in time to the Showtime days of Laker Basketball as the Lights over the crowd were dimmed to highlight the action on the floor just like the days of the Fabulous Forum.

The latest Laker effort to catch 80's lighting in a bottle is the return of "Dancin Barry" who during his zenith entertained Laker crowds as he danced he way through the Fabulous Forums aisles, once sweeping the effevesent Diane Cannon off her feet to the delight of the crowd... Those were the Days my Friend, I wish they'd Never End.

20 years later 40 pounds heavier and in his 60's, suffering from the recent effects of a stroke Dancing Barry will now be reffered to "Shuffling Barry" said Lakers spokeman Johnathan Waxter...
"We will have to make some adjustments to Barry's routine and make sure the aisles are clear of debris before we turn him loose but I expect this to bring back some great memories for long time fans"

Barry's family is excited for him "I'm just glad the old coot will be out of the house" said Leonia Barry his wife of 45 years" " Grandma and I are gonna wrap his walker in purple and gold craft paper" expalined Barry's grandson.

Barry's return to the Laker crowd is set for opening night of the 2007 season, he will be accompanied by his grandson and live in Phillipino nurse Ceppy Tiangson who will oversee the use of Barry's Oxygen bottle and monitor his Vitals...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: