Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #121
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Mike James
Tracy McGrady
Shane Battier
Rashard Lewis
Yao Ming

They'll make it to the 2nd round.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #122
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,314
ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
No. Battier is the SF.

SG's please. You're wrong here, but you keep avoiding it. McGrady is a top 5 (or better) SG in the NBA.


Just to let you know, McGrady was very effective in the small forward position in 04-05. He played most of his minutes there that season due shortness of our baskcourt.

This was the last year he drove so much to the rim since most of the time he had a slower defender on him. For some unexplained reason, he hasn't done this as effective since then when he was moved back to the SG role, infact he has settled for even more jumpers.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #123
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

If anything, Rockets should go for Lewis before Artest. Lewis can play the 4, Chuck Hayes would be a solid back up.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #124
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,314
ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
If anything, Rockets should go for Lewis before Artest. Lewis can play the 4, Chuck Hayes would be a solid back up.

Hell no he can't play the 4. Just because he is 6'10 doesn't make him a PF. I wouldn't want Lewis in there for even 5 minutes playing PF, he would get murdered. I don't understand where you get this from because Lewis is strictly a SF, not some tweener that's stuck b/w a PF and SF.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #125
Fudge
RNS
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,574
Fudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation hereFudge has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Mike James
Tracy McGrady
Shane Battier
Rashard Lewis
Yao Ming

They'll make it to the 2nd round.
Explain how we're gonna acquire Lewis without giving up Battier?
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #126
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,179
hawkfan has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

This year the Rockets will advance because Rick Adelman is a very good coach.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #127
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 35,983
L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
This year the Rockets will advance because Rick Adelman is a very good coach.
They better advance or there will be some major changes in the H.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #128
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,314
ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
This year the Rockets will advance because Rick Adelman is a very good coach.

I'm excited about Yao Ming. I read that he is working with Carroll Dawson this season (big men coach genius), and he is trying to get more moves into his game. A skyhook has been practiced through the sessions that have been done.

It's about time, . A skyhook.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #129
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,283
Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
If anything, Rockets should go for Lewis before Artest. Lewis can play the 4, Chuck Hayes would be a solid back up.
He can't play the four hes most rebounds avg. was 7. He can't hold guards let alone forwards. If he plays the four on any team except the Warriors I would be shocked.

As for the topic, the Rockets need a better bench and the role players need to execute much better. Also Yao needs make better box outs and rebound better (we lost game 7 against Utah because Boozer got 2 offensive boards in a row).T-mac also needs to attack the rim more, I hope that he is put back on the 3 he is much better at attacking in that position. The coaching on the offensive side needed to be better ( I hope it will now). Those that are saying that Yao is more valuable to the Rockets than T-mac thats a hard call. The Rockets had a better record without with T-mac and without Yao than they did the other way around. They both are great and are important to the team. Also if Yao and T-mac played a mostly injury free season they would win more and have a higher seed which would increase their chance of getting out of the first round.

Last edited by Rockets(T-mac) : 06-17-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:18 PM   #130
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,283
Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I'm excited about Yao Ming. I read that he is working with Carroll Dawson this season (big men coach genius), and he is trying to get more moves into his game. A skyhook has been practiced through the sessions that have been done.

It's about time, . A skyhook.
That sounds great.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:01 AM   #131
j-rocket
I airball my layups
 
j-rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21
j-rocket has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

1.the rocket couldnt make it to the second round because they couldnt rebound!
2.great denfense but couldnt score at vital times, wasnt there a game were only 4 players scored horrible!
3. van gundy only played a 7 or 8 man rotation! for a strong playoff run your bench has to be deep!
4. gundy not letting bonzi play.
5. the disapperance of shane, howard and head!
j-rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:04 AM   #132
j-rocket
I airball my layups
 
j-rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21
j-rocket has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

I have high hopes for next season, yao worked with the dream and cd!
adlmen replaced van gundy!
mike james is back!!
j-rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:23 AM   #133
AtTheDriveIn
04'
 
AtTheDriveIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,767
AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames
You know man....most these little kids that are in this thread defending T-Mac think it is all about stats and winning has nothing to do with it. Damn I had 1 kid in here tell me that AI isn't better than T-Mac because he doesn't dunk as good. I haven't laughed so hard before.

Yeah, thats it. So who was the one asking for McGrady's STATISTICS the entire time we were arguing, and when we got them, you used statistics to try prove (and fail) that they do much better when McGrady is out, which certainly wasn't the case. Then again, you used statistics to say that Ray Allen (of all people) is BETTER then McGrady. You're out of your mind.

By the way, I don't even like the Rockets or McGrady, but I still respect the guy as a Top 3 SG (Yeah, I said SG) in the NBA. If you don't believe this, you truly are an idiot. He's easily one of the most talented stars in the NBA. Winning doesn't have anything to do with how good YOU are. It has something to do with the fact that Houston doesn't have any other option on their team except for Yao and McGrady. Winning is all about team. I've never asked in this whole thread for you to name the 10 best SG's in the NBA by team wins.

You gave me 10 SG's who you think were better then McGrady THIS SEASON, and then when I proved you wrong (Remember, your ranking had Hamilton as the best SG in the NBA), you started an all-time talk. I never asked for all time either.

You're the one whose used statistics to prove something this entire thread, and you were proven wrong time after time but you refused to give up then gave me some crap video of McGrady getting dunked on. Oh that makes him a bad player right? Because no one else has been dunked on.

Furthermore, I don't agree with Rosecity07, Dunking DOES NOT make you a good NBA player. So stop having your little cries about how i constantly get owned when you just misunderstand every question that I ask.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #134
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman
 
el_locoteee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,552
el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
He can't play the four hes most rebounds avg. was 7. He can't hold guards let alone forwards. If he plays the four on any team except the Warriors I would be shocked.

As for the topic, the Rockets need a better bench and the role players need to execute much better. Also Yao needs make better box outs and rebound better (we lost game 7 against Utah because Boozer got 2 offensive boards in a row).T-mac also needs to attack the rim more, I hope that he is put back on the 3 he is much better at attacking in that position. The coaching on the offensive side needed to be better ( I hope it will now). Those that are saying that Yao is more valuable to the Rockets than T-mac thats a hard call. The Rockets had a better record without with T-mac and without Yao than they did the other way around. They both are great and are important to the team. Also if Yao and T-mac played a mostly injury free season they would win more and have a higher seed which would increase their chance of getting out of the first round.

Those were long rebounds not Yao fault. And not fouling a the end not Yao fault either, and 21 points in the second half was what Yao did. A better team beat the Rocket not buy much just better help from Lutter and Howard would do it. And dont forget yao wasnt 100 porcente since he get back from the broken leg he was slow as hell, not the dominantyao ofthe beginning of the season
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:59 AM   #135
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,517
Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why cant Rockets advance to the 2nd round?

we didn't have 3 scorers.
JVG hardly played the bench.
no fast breaks.
besides yao and t-mac, other players need to step their game up.

if any of yall said that sorry about that, i didn't go back and read all of those pages.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy