Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Fast and furious series.. overrated, underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    ****ing garbage. And seriously, **** the people that pay to these movies. If you do, don't bitch about sequels and remakes because they keep happening partly BECAUSE OF YOU.

Go ahead and hand me all the cliches.... Leave your brain at the door... It's a popcorn summertime action flick... It has cars and titties and the overrated C rate action star Dwayne Johnson.... Who's best days were over a decade ago.

The bar has been so lowered now... Even in the action genre. A couple of decent stunts and people cream in their pants now. And OMG! It has that meat head Vin Diesel in it. Another failed action star who would be out of Hollyweird by now if it wasn't for this terrible franchise.
    So you had to write 3 paragraphs? Let me show you how it's done fakkit:

All 6 are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    If you didn't like the first 4 why did you watch the 5th and 6th?

I haven't seen any of them. Heard 5 is tight.
    This.

People whine about them yet still go watch. That logic.

Not sure the issue people have with them either. It's pretty clear if you want your brain stimulated, go watch something else. People like fast cars. People like hot women. People like action and stunts. People like Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez. It's a few hours of action involving cars, women and fighting. If you like this stuff, you'll like the series.

If you feel you're above such things, find something else. Not exactly hard.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    So you had to write 3 paragraphs? Let me show you how it's done fakkit:

All 6 are terrible.
    Speaking of shitty sequels... The Dirty Harry franchise gave us three of them.

Oh, and you may continue eating the peanuts out of my shit now. Shit eater.

Banned

Speaking of shitty sequels... The Dirty Harry franchise gave us three of them.

Oh, and you may continue eating the peanuts out of my shit now. Shit eater.
    Oh my how terribly offended I am...

You wanna know the difference between me and you? I'm awesome and don't get offended by strangers remarks over the internet. You suck, live in the Floridian boondocks (Georgia) and do get offended by the remarks of strangers over the internet... This is why i'll always be much, much better than you.

Oh my how terribly offended I am...

You wanna know the difference between me and you? I'm awesome and don't get offended by strangers remarks over the internet. You suck, live in the Floridian boondocks (Georgia) and do get offended by the remarks of strangers over the internet... This is why i'll always be much, much better than you.

The difference between me and you?

I came out the normal way at birth while you came out the crack of your mom's ass. The tragedy is that she forgot to flush the toilet and you survived.
    Last edited by Hotlantadude81; 05-27-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Banned

The difference between me and you?

I came out the normal way at birth while you came out the crack of your mom's ass. The tragedy is that she forgot to flush the toilet and you survived.
    Another creative and original insult. I mean seriously, never heard that one before.

The REAL difference between you and me...................................... 'bout four rungs on the evolutionary ladder.

Another creative and original insult. I mean seriously, never heard that one before.

The REAL difference between you and me...................................... 'bout four rungs on the evolutionary ladder.
    You let me down. I was hoping you would knock one out of the ballpark. Then I could actually give you some praise. But it appears that its like they say... You can't polish a turd. You're just Rain Man without the Eidetic memory. A limp autistic noodle. What a waste of time. You bore me.

Banned

You let me down. I was hoping you would knock one out of the ballpark. Then I could actually give you some praise. But it appears that its like they say... You can't polish a turd. You're just Rain Man without the Eidetic memory. A limp autistic noodle. What a waste of time. You bore me.
    tl;dnr

Come up with an insult I didn't hear 11,000 times on the playground, and I might put some thought into the next one. Until then you may consider not involving faeces in every insult..... kinda unimaginative.

P.S- You're a ph@ggot.

Considering the negativity they get, I'd say underrated. They're not mind-blowing, groundbreaking, astounding movies, but so what? Movies can't be made to entertain? If you take them for what they are, then they're not so bad. Paul Walker might be a sucky actor, but I don't let that bother me.

I don't like how they killed one of the better characters in one of the movies, though.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    This.

People whine about them yet still go watch. That logic.

Not sure the issue people have with them either. It's pretty clear if you want your brain stimulated, go watch something else. People like fast cars. People like hot women. People like action and stunts. People like Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez. It's a few hours of action involving cars, women and fighting. If you like this stuff, you'll like the series.

If you feel you're above such things, find something else. Not exactly hard.
    Seriously. Take them for what there worth, if you do that than a couple of them are decent. I liked the first one, I would have been like 11-12 when it came out but rewatched it and was entertained. Didn't mind Tokyo drift and Fast Five. Don't remember much about 2 Fast to Furious and I must have skipped part 4, actually wouldn't mind getting the set on blu ray before the new one's come out.

Just entertaining action movies, stop thinking about the movie the second the credits roll.

The first one was pretty good from what I remembered. The second one was bad and Tokyo Drift was ok at best. I saw the fifth one since it got decent reviews and I wasn't impressed. I guess I missed out on the 4th? Oh well.

The latest movie got decent reviews as well and I'm skeptical to watch it. I think it's honestly a bad series overall. Mindless action of shit blowing up, high speed chases and action scenes.

Also I think Paul Walker is terrible.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

1st one is awesome. 5th one is good. Havent seen 6th one yet.

All others are meh.

I've seen every one of them and sometimes I question myself about it. I don't like any of them. The 6th was just pure garbage. So much so that a few people left the theater after a scene where[color=white] Vin Diesel jumps off a car and saves a girl from dying by catching her in midair and landing on another car... With neither being injured. [/color]I wanted to leave too. But my wife said we paid to see it so.. Yeah.

I can't say I hate the series. I do understand they're just meant to cover some summer box office hits, but man, I do find myself angry at myself after watching them for wasting upwards of 2 hours. I've only seen 2, 5 & 6 in theaters, though, so I can't bitch too much.

Edit: Put some text in white because I figure even though it's not really a spoiler since you can see it happening in the ads for this movie, someone might still complain about it.

Rated fine. It's nice solid escapism. It's not a great movie at all but I'd rather pay 11 bucks to watch it on the big screens than most "great" movies

I thought they were action movies based on illegal street racing, but I haven't even seen a hint of that in previews for the new one...

...but I'm still probably going to see it today